Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What can be done??

Search this Thread

Old 11 August 2003, 09:58 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Popped into town yesterday, needed some petrol and as the scoob is being traded in, filled up at my local supermarket

Whilst waiting in the queue to pay, a silver mondeo estate pulled up at the pump next to mine. I looked on in awe as the guy assembled a wheelchair next to the pump, lifted himself out and filled his car with the go go stuff.

As you can imagine, he needed a bit of space, and therefore had parked further away from the pump than you or I would, the gap between my car and his would just fit a car through, but only just.

Anyway, as I walked back to my car, the prat behind him was too impatient to wait, so had started to squeeze through the gap. Because of the angle he had started from, he proceeded to scrape his mirror all down the side of said Mondeo, making a right mess of the paint work. He knew what he had done, but i pointed it out anyway, to which he shrugged with a "I know I know" type look.

Anyway got in my car and pulled out, to which the guy pulled behind me. Just as i was thinking this **** is not going to stop he pulled next to the air hose, and parked up. I wasnt sure so i left the petrol station and parked around the corner. Sure enough 2 minutes later off he went. i got his number and went back to the petrol station, but in that time the silver mondeo had gone. i must have missed it on the other side of the roundabout or something.

Question is, i can't believe the guy stopped long enogh to exchange details etc, and just fvcked off cos the guy was disabled and didnt see what he'd done. The garage will have it on cctv, but even if they look at the film, is there anything that can be done??
Old 11 August 2003, 10:30 AM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

As you've got the reg number, a word with the local Plod would do no harm. Phrases like "leaving the scene of an accident" spring to mind.

Doug
Old 11 August 2003, 10:34 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Good work!!
yeah, get him done the impatient ****!!!

BB

Old 11 August 2003, 10:47 AM
daiscooby
BANNED

Thumbs up

I'd grass the ****** to hell and back.
Good work.
Old 11 August 2003, 11:01 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Can you not get the disabled guy's reg from the cctv and contact him to get the ball rolling?
Old 11 August 2003, 11:02 AM
pugoetru
Scooby Regular

my wife works in a petrol station and i know if she phoned the police they would do nothing about it

she once found a purse on the floor at work took it to the police station after work they were going to put it in lost property even though my wife pointed out that the womans name and address were in it so she said dont bother and took it back herself.

useless gits
Old 11 August 2003, 11:07 AM
nickysplendid
Scooby Regular

back a few years ago i had a mk2 golf gti..

i pulled into a local garage at pump and fiddled with my wallet for 30 secs or so and whilst doing that a guy reversed his car in to the space in front of me...BUT ...didn't stop reversing and hit my car.. i had given up smoking for 2 weeks and i probably over reacted
i hadn't long had the car and i was rather annoyed to say the least. he kept saying "don't worry, no one was hurt etc"
i had a pen and a scrap of paper handy so i took all his details..he then told me "this is a garage and on private ground...u'll have to take me to court if u want any money for the damages..but don't worry mate, i work in "autolaque" (car body spraying / accident repairs place) so i'll get it fixed.

i figured i had no choice so i let him fix the bumper / lights etc... he botched it..it was held on with silicone.

Old 11 August 2003, 11:26 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Can you not get the disabled guy's reg from the cctv and contact him to get the ball rolling?
But would Tesco let me view it? Probably not.
Old 11 August 2003, 11:29 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

Advert in a local paper?

"Would the chap in the silver Mondeo filling up at Tesco petrol station on DATE and TIME, please get in touch as I have details about your accident" type message...?
Old 11 August 2003, 11:30 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

No cos of the DPA.

But they can get it and pass it to you if you say you scraped his car but were in a rush and couldn't stop.
Old 08 November 2003, 10:58 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I've just spoken to tesco, who will let me know if anyone asks for information about it. They wont do anything about it unless a complaint is made

Trouble is, I dont think the guy will as Im sure he didnt even realise. he'll just get home and think "fvck - when did that happen?"

Edited to say - even if i report it to the Police, chances are they wont be bothered as no injury occurred, private land etc.

[Edited by MattW - 8/11/2003 10:59:37 AM]