Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

online dating

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2003, 02:08 PM
V5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Butkus, that's where I met Mrs V5!

That'll be the one posting (so lovingly ) as Mx Tart.

So I guess you could say the site worked out ok for me.

Even better for her!!! Hi honey!

[Edited by V5 - 7/1/2003 2:10:35 PM]
Old 23 June 2003, 10:39 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

anyone done it?

couple of people in my office are doing it for a kind of bet to see who can get a date first.

Id be worried about meeting someone mad who then wont leave you alone

someone on here must have done it? come on what happend???

andy
Old 23 June 2003, 10:42 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

I 'ahem' had an interlude with a lady I met on a chatroom a couple of years ago.

I'll say no more.

Not strictly dating - we cut to the chase.

Old 23 June 2003, 10:43 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

A bit of a dry spell huh?

Don't do it. Most women on the internet are loopy. Just trust me on this one. Just do what I do and go clubbing.
Old 23 June 2003, 10:43 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I have met a few women from the internet. This was a few years ago when the internet was mainly male dominated. I met a few complete wackos.

One of the tame stories: I went to the pub to meet this eighteen year old (actually quite pretty) girl, and after 5 minutes or so she started saying how her parents were awful and she wanted to kill them. Okay, I thought "ha ha". But no she carried on and on, and said that perhaps I could help. I just ran .......

There are other stories about dungeons and other strange goings on .......

But as nearly 50% of internet users are women these days, then I assume that it's just not the wackos I met!

Steve.
Old 23 June 2003, 10:45 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

na its not for me, Im sorted out thanks, Im just curious and guessed this thread would get a good response
Old 23 June 2003, 10:50 PM
frisby
Scooby Regular

Been there done that!!!!

The good point was meeting up with a girl who was a model - very fit!! Went out for quite a while...then suddenly the wacko effect kicked in!!! She had to go.

The worst was meeting a girl who looked nothing like her picture, and although she made out we did, we had NOTHING in common. I couldn't wait for last orders!!

laters

fris
Old 23 June 2003, 10:52 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Well if the people from here i've met are anything to go by...

But seriously, I'm sure there are some really nice people to meet, but there will always be the nutters

It would be interesting to try, but I kinda have this idea that I'm just too damn cool for internet dating, despite the fact I have over 17k posts on this BBS

"Another hopeless waste of internet useage from the desk of Crush"
Old 23 June 2003, 10:58 PM
ADP
Scooby Regular

So loads of nutter out there? why do they lurk around the internet then, or are there actually an equal number of mad ones to be found out in the pubs and clubs anyway???
Old 23 June 2003, 11:07 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

I've done the whole internet dating thing, but rather than looking for someone, the girl I started talking to got under my skin over a few months. We ended up talking almost every day, lots in common, really good match. We met up eventually, as she was nervous, one of those rare cases were she looked so much better in the flesh than in her picture. Then spent 9 months together, until it broke down.

No regrets whatsoever, just need to be careful, take some time. Anyone who wants to meet too quickly I'd tend to avoid, but equally for those naughty redezvous, it can be helpful.
Old 23 June 2003, 11:34 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

The type people you meet online are no different from the type of people you could meet in a pub/club/wherever you shark.

For example, just look at the cross section of people on scoobynet.

****... erm perhaps not... bad example....

John
Old 24 June 2003, 09:22 AM
daiscooby
BANNED

Never done the internet dating lark myself, but I met a girl through a BBS for ex-army mob.
Feckin hell she was a nutter, she lived in Lewes in Sussex and I was in the area on business later that month, so we arranged to meet.
Evening started fine, no looker but hey ho good company. After about an hour it all came out that she was into being abused and humiliated and tortured .
So the question you have to ask yourself is how come these people cant meet lovers / partners through normal social interaction ?.
Cos there is a high count of nutters IMHO
Old 24 June 2003, 11:25 AM
wideboyuk
Scooby Regular

My understanding from a couple of mates who are into that kinda thing is that its great for a quick sh*g.
There seems to be a fair number of ladies out there that are into the casual thing.
Just makes my ill thinking how many other dudes have been there before you though
Old 24 June 2003, 11:36 AM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Can you ask your mate what sites he found them on and what their names were. We'll soon have 50% of the scoobynet males emailing them

Old 24 June 2003, 11:38 AM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

Sean......So did you slap her about a bit and ask her who her daddy was?

Disclaimer: No munters or ugly women were harmed in the posting of this question to the nutty Welsh sheep sh@gger.

Old 24 June 2003, 11:52 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Any lady you meet via the internet is bound to smell of chipfat
Old 24 June 2003, 11:56 AM
daiscooby
BANNED

Jase.

She knew who the Dady was by the time I had finished
Funny thing was she worked as a Clerical Officer for West Sussex Police

Disclaimer Some sheep and a dodgy bird from Sussex were abused and defiled during the making of the post
Old 24 June 2003, 01:36 PM
wideboyuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Just stick to the old fashioned method of getting a bird drunk in a club and dragging her home...
Old 24 June 2003, 01:47 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

I met my girlfiend on the Internet. Yes it nerdy but it worked. It is apparently takes all the awkardness out of converstaion as you can plan what to type etc. We have been together for 4 years now.

Also, my sister met her boyfriend on the internet. Make of it what you like

Darren
Old 24 June 2003, 02:24 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

I once met a bird on the internet. We chatted every day for a month and I flew out to SanJose, CA to meet her (for a month, rich student from prev summers it work)

It was good fun, loved it, living there with her etc and going all over the place but wouldnt do it again. Reason ? - Anyone else ever been dumped at the Terminal building in the airport 20 mins before the flight home.

When it came down to it in the end we really didnt have as much in common as we thought. Im not saying dont do it, just be careful !
Old 24 June 2003, 02:36 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

"Any lady you meet via the internet is bound to smell of chipfat "

I take offence at this comment..
The internet saved my sanity when my marriage was breaking up several years ago.
Over a period of time I met about 24 blokes through the Net and enjoyed most of those meetings. The secret was that I didn't go along looking for romance, just conversation and a drink or a meal (Shared costs too ).
Out of that number about 4 or 5 proved to be complete dorks. The rest were perfect gents and admittedly one or two became relationships.
I'm a respectable woman now in my early 50's and I reckon if used sensibly and carefully, the internet is a terrific way for people to meet.
6 years down the line, about 3 or 4 of these guys are still very good friends of mine and one in particular has just proposed.
All I can say to you guys who have met complete dogs through the net is, bad luck. Try harder !
Old 24 June 2003, 02:39 PM
Stuffed Badger
Scooby Regular

Badger stuffer met me on the net.

My little claws were stuck in it!!!Some badger baiters were after me.
Old 24 June 2003, 02:44 PM
Shaggy Dog
Scooby Regular

Been having a nice txtual relationship with someone recently & we agreed to meet at long last. The anticipation was really very very intense 'cos we'd be txting/emailing dirty (very dirty ) so was totally amazing when we did Wasn't 2 strangers meeting for the first time, rather 2 lovers who hadn't seen each other in a while

[Edited by Shaggy Dog - 6/24/2003 2:55:58 PM]
Old 24 June 2003, 03:19 PM
redwrx
Scooby Regular

Ive met several people off the net....

1 was a complete nutter .. made my excuses and done one quick .

the others were ok - nice people,

and one has turned out to be the nicest person you could ever hope to meet..!!

[Edited by redwrx - 6/24/2003 3:57:33 PM]
Old 24 June 2003, 03:37 PM
ChrisB

I once met a bird on the internet. We chatted every day for a month and I flew out to SanJose, CA
Bilemy, that was some leap of faith!
Old 24 June 2003, 03:46 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hmmmmmmm,

"Saxobobby needs warm home, strange smells and dampness in the walls are not a problem "

Any takers
Old 24 June 2003, 03:56 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Red face

Saxobobby needs warm home, strange smells and dampness in the walls are not a problem
PMSL...... but not offering
Old 24 June 2003, 03:57 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine uses the internet all the time to set up dates etc. Some of it he does through the dating sites, but the majority he meets through the chatrooms. Reckons he knows the real women from the men posing as women and so far he's done pretty well.

The majority of women he's met this way have been great, some have become friends, some just didn't work out and some he has gone on to have full relationships with. He's not met his soul mate yet though, but he keeps trying.

The weirdest experience he has had was meeting a lady who had seemed to be Miss Prim and Proper on the net and during their first few dates dressing very conservatively and blushing at all the right comments etc.

One day she invited him round to her place as she wanted to "move the relationship up a notch" as she put it. Naturally my mate was excited by this prospect, but got the shock of his life on arriving at her abode.

I shan't say too much, but the suffice to say her hitherto unmentioned interests were of an S&M nature and she had the outfits to go with it. So did my mate run away? - you're joking aren't you? He stayed and had a most intersting evening - funny thing is although they're no longer in a relationship (she was a little too extreme for him) they keep in regular touch via email which is cool.

On the whole I think it can work if you know what you're doing and you're patient.

Regards,

tiggers.

Quick Reply: online dating