Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tony Martin to be sued by burglar???!!???

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2003, 01:52 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

This confirms my views of the British judicial (sp?) system, of being completely in favour of the criminal.

First of all - Tony Martin should never have been jailed.

Now a judge has ruled that the burglar can sue him for damages!!!

Hello? Anyone here in the real world? A burglar chooses to step outside the boundaries of society by breaking into someone's house, yet the "system" then gives them rights???

The mind boggles.

Personally think Tony Martin should have been given a medal. After being burgled numerous times, he made it clear that he was prepared to use force if it happened again. If anyone still takes the risk to break in, knowing all this, they deserve to be shot, for being so bl**dy stupid.

Old 13 June 2003, 02:04 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Angry

Completely agree - the law sucks where this is concerned [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

If someone breaks into your property, and they injure themselves in the process, then tough $hit.
Old 13 June 2003, 02:10 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

yeah, its a complete joke. What sort of a message is this giving to criminals?

The only mistake Tony Martin made was not killing BOTH of them.
Old 13 June 2003, 02:12 PM
ragnarock2
Scooby Regular

Maybe we should pay the thieving ****** to burgal the judges house, then see if he is happy with his decision!

Chuffing Burglars and chuffing stupid laws!¬!!!
Old 13 June 2003, 02:21 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Should have shot em' both !!!
Old 13 June 2003, 02:24 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Angry

Makes you ******* sick doesn't it...

How about that little sh*t on the news last night who's sued the police for putting an image of him on a poster campaign... apparently it was against his human rights and wouldn't allow him to have a normal life after he came out of the clink... tough sh*t mate..

Could you recognise him from the negative image on the poster ??? nahh, didn't think so...

All this sh*t about human bloody rights is just a load of tosh dreamed up by fecking useless do-gooders !!

This country is rapidly turning to sh*t because of bloody do-gooders... and we are all made to think that if your are not a do-gooder then you are either racist, anti-social or just generally in the wrong... its bullsh*t !!

If I ever meet Tony Martin in the future.. I'll buy him a pint !!
Old 13 June 2003, 02:28 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=219631
Old 13 June 2003, 02:29 PM
Impret-Sir
Scooby Regular

Sorry, cant agree with that, while not in any way condoning burglary or any other crime, Tony Martin shot the young guy who burgled his house in the back, with a shotgun, then claimed it was in self defence, this just doesnt wash, IMHO that is totally out of proportion with the offence, if that sort of action is condoned then what next? shooting someone dead for vandalism? or stealing your bike? where do you draw the line? Society does not win against criminals in the long run if it allows itself to decsend to the level of the criminals.Even if it is flawed, we must work within the legal system, not put ourselves above it just because we feel that "revenge" is justified.
Old 13 June 2003, 02:31 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I posted similar in CWE
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/thread.asp?threadid=219607

It makes me sick, the law needs changing.
Old 13 June 2003, 02:31 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs down

burglar should be shot again and buried
Old 13 June 2003, 02:46 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Impret-Sir

regardless of how the burgular was shot, if he was not there in th first place he would not have got shot in the back or the front or anywhere now would he.
Old 13 June 2003, 02:49 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

This makes me feel sick. There should be a collection for this guy to pay the £15,000 damages. I'd like to help the guy out. Perhaps we could have a whip round to buy him some more cartridges for his shotgun too.

These are worthless people, and the world is a better place without them.

I know this may seem like a basic way of looking at things, but it's what I believe. Your rights have gone out the window once you cross that line.
Old 13 June 2003, 02:49 PM
ariel
Scooby Regular

Well impret you are definitely in the minority!
Having had my house burgled and car done 3 times my re-action to someone entering my property to steal again will be to jump on the person and flatten!!!!!!
Old 13 June 2003, 02:59 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Angry

Impret-Sir: You're missing my point. I'm saying that the law here is wrong, in that it favours the criminal, giving them rights above and beyond honest folk.

This burglar has chosen to operate outside our laws, and yet is now choosing to use the same system to target the victim in the original case. It stinks that this can be achieved.

In this case, yes, the result that a kid got killed was extreme. But let's face it, the law doesn't punish criminals. Just a rap on the knuckles and "Off you go Sonny, don't do it again eh?".

There are numerous other cases out there. Like not paying car insurance. Average cost of car insurance per annum is about £400. Typical fine imposed for not paying is about £100. Hmm. That's going to encourage people to be legal.

Someone needs to have a good review of our system, someone hopefully with an ounce of common sense, who lives in the real world.

As things currently stand, Burglars have been given the all clear to break in to anyone's house, and they know full well that they still have rights, and the owner can't do anything against them while they're helping themselves to whatever they want.

I don't know if you've ever been burgled, or a victim of any crime, but if it happened to you, would you be happy to sit there and do nothing? Perhaps make the burglars a nice cup of tea while they relieve you of your possessions? Then a few years later they could sue you for hurting their backs while carrying out your TV - claim that you didn't help them enough in their "job".

Old 13 June 2003, 03:37 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

I think I'll modify/clarify (whichever way you wish to interpret it) my coments above.

If someone breaks into your house, then they should be punished appropriately.
Unfortunately, the measures currently employed by our legal system are insufficient.

I do not agree, however, that shooting them in the back is the solution, even though I'd probably want to do the same in the heat of the moment.

An eye for a eye, not an eye for yer whole fecking head!

Where I think the law is completely wrong is if someone breaks into your house and injures themselves in the process, they can sue you.
That bit really gets my blood boiling. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 13 June 2003, 04:41 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

GONNA SHOUT NOW...WORDS FAIL ME. THIS **** MAKES MY ****ING BLOOD BOIL, THE ******* DESERVES TO DIE. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 13 June 2003, 05:01 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Angry

If you get caught thieving in Saudi they used to cut your hand off !, (the hand you don't eat with, so you then have to wipe your ar*e with the one you do eat with - which is a big no no out there).
As you can imagine theft is very low out there !, and that is the whole point, there is no deterant here !!!

BRING BACK HANGING !!!
Old 13 June 2003, 05:10 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

I agree, AudiMan, the risk reward ratio for crime is totally out of whack in this country. When the penalty for crimes is so low, the risk becomes so low that it is worth committing the crime. This needs to be addressed soon, otherwise things will become totally out of hand.

If you knew someone might chop your hand off if you stole something, you'd really think about doing it wouldn't you?
Old 13 June 2003, 05:35 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

what is most annoying is that the bloke is a cocky little ****... saw him on the news hamming up the limp and he had a big smirk on his face and an expression as if to say "up yours" to everyone who was there to protest against what he is doing, which is effectively robbing Tony Martin all over again.

I suppose the only good thing is that people with that sort of an attitude usually get whats coming to them. If I saw someone goading me like that they would get a slap, and with his history its only a matter of time before someone gives him worse...
Old 13 June 2003, 05:42 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

he should be trailed round the corner and shot
Old 13 June 2003, 06:03 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

mailto: info@bhatiabest.co.uk

This is the company representing Brendon Frearon in the claim against Tony Martin,Bhatiabest solicitors.

http://www.bhatiabest.co.uk/

The solicitor representing him is John Wakefeild on the right.

http://www.bhatiabest.co.uk/accident.htm

Personally while i think this is not as clear cut as everyone makes out,in NO WAY should an offender have the right to sue a householder for damages.

Old 13 June 2003, 06:08 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

'Even if it is flawed, we must work within the legal system, not put ourselves above it just because we feel that "revenge" is justified.'

Total cr*p. The law is an A$$! I'd like you to work within the law if you're house was burgled countless number of times. Only lawyers come out with the sort of comments above to justify their existence.

This thieving pikey guy was scum. End of day he deserves NOTHING! I'll say it again- NOTHING! He has a string of offences. What ever happened to three strikes and you're out??
Old 13 June 2003, 06:09 PM
south-star
Scooby Regular

Arrow

I have just sent them a polite but firm email expressing my dissaproval
Old 13 June 2003, 06:24 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

some previous examples of letters to his solicitors demonstrating scoobynets outrage...

http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=209219

AJM - Just to clarify - those posts are NOT scoobynet's outrage - they are comments by certain members of ScoobyNet & do not represent ScoobyNet Ltd's pov..

[Edited by Puff The Magic Wagon! - 6/13/2003 11:25:09 PM]
Old 13 June 2003, 06:33 PM
Luke
BANNED

This country has been dragged into the krap by the legal system

It does not work.

look around and see the kids on the streets............... They are little *******s. Thugs with no chance or wish of getting work. They love the "Gang" image. No respect for anyone.. Not even sure who their dads are !!!

They turn to crime early and get going on the ladder fast.

Throw the "Pc" mob out of the country. Force the kids back into school and off the streets. Let them know that the law does win.

make them fully responsible for all their crimes no matter what their age.

The Police and the courts need to take their smug grin off and stick it up their ***.

Old 13 June 2003, 06:36 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Angry

Good old British justice,This is outrageous,suing Tony Martin for loss of earnings.
Maybe his fellow scum bag of a lawyer will stand up and tell the court how his poor injured client couldn't go out on the rob for weeks,ohh and don't forget the trauma.
This **** should be shot as well!(and anybody willing to defend him)
Old 13 June 2003, 08:16 PM
Mycroft
Scooby Regular

It is so pleasing that the Moron Brigade are in full swing...

So, you write, protesting to the Solicitors that they dare to try to test the Law... you... are...***profanities edited***...idiots... of the first order!

This ability to cast doubt, whether justified or not, is the test of a real democracy... I despise any damned fool who associates him/herself with such blinkered action as barracking the firm of Solicitors for doing this...

It is the safeguard and the governor on the legislature... by decrying this action you just further hammer the nail of oppression into your own hands... stupid, stupid people...

[Edited by Josh L - 6/15/2003 2:12:40 PM]
Old 13 June 2003, 08:45 PM
wos 69
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Legal system what legal system??
Old 13 June 2003, 08:55 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Mycroft as Moses puts it you are a 1st class ***Profanities edited***. haha

GO and peel some pototoes you retarded fool. LOL

[Edited by Josh L - 6/15/2003 2:14:00 PM]

Quick Reply: Tony Martin to be sued by burglar???!!???