Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tax bill

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2003, 08:26 PM
neilbbb
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I owe the revenue some money from last tax year. As i was Paye it was a finance c*ck up but my tax return is correct.

I have positioned it with them that i will pay it in instalments (as i dont have 4k lying around)but they are saying that i should borrow the money against my house (or raise a loan).

anyone been in a similar position and what did you do? I dont deny i owe the money but as i do not feel responsible for under-payment i feel the the revenue's position is a little harsh

Old 04 June 2003, 09:03 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Miserable gits!

You would of thought they'd give you a bit of lee-way...

Bttt for you.

Nath
Old 04 June 2003, 10:25 PM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

Neil if you are on PAYE then you can request they deduct in in monthly installments from your salary.
Don't let the Revenue bully boys force you to borrow money, they always try stuff like this on, but they have very little legal support to get away with it. Trouble is lots of folks give in an pay up, then incur big interest bills as well.
Old 04 June 2003, 10:44 PM
Bas
Scooby Regular

I'm afraid this is standard policy with the Revenue now...they are cracking down hard on unpaid tax

The liability is too much to collect through your tax code (maximum £2k) so will have to physically pay them the cash.

If you can show them your monthly disposable income based on your regular income and expenditure you can *usually* come to an arrangement with them on this basis. But they will probably only allow a few months for the whole amount to be paid.

Also if you haven't already done so I would make a payment on account of as much as you can reasonably afford to show them that you have every intention of paying the liability.

Hope this helps

Bas
Old 05 June 2003, 12:10 AM
Jonto
Scooby Regular

Don't **** them off though, they will petition for your bankruptcy quicker than you can write the word down !