Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

More PC insanity

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2003, 01:31 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Parents have been banned from attending a school sports day for fear of "embarrassing" their children.

Head teacher Judith Wressel is introducing a less competitive format for the event at Maney Hill Primary School in Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.

She said keeping spectators away while changes were made would be in the children's interest.
But one of the banned parents condemned the move as "political correctness gone mad".
Unbelievable [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Imagine that happening at your kids’ school. I think this Judith Wressel woman should be sacked immediately

UB

Old 19 May 2003, 01:36 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

<shakes his head in disbelief>
Is this real, sounds like a stetch from the Fast Show.

FFS - Perhaps the parents will vote with their feet and move their kids to a proper school. How the hell are these kids gonna cope in the real world with real competition if this is how they are educated!
Educated, hah, thats a joke!

Madness, madness, madness

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 5/19/2003 1:41:05 PM]
Old 19 May 2003, 01:40 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

forgot the link here
Old 19 May 2003, 01:52 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Who started al this PC bol10x and when are people going to say enough is enough and stamp it out, now wonder the country is rearing wimpy kids that can't be controlled. WHen I was at school we used to fight, if you went home with a bloody nose dad asked how the other kid was? if you lost you got a clip round the ear not a restarining order or law suit.
Old 19 May 2003, 02:15 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

Kids are mean't to get skinned knees and bloody noses, Parents are designed genetically to embarress their kids, law of nature. It's about sharing as much time with you kids as possible. It was only a blink of the eye I was doing the three legged race with my daughter ( that sounds bad if your from Tennessee ) and now I'm paying for her driving lessons. Schools these days are to results orientated, we all mature and find our way at different times in our lives, and when my 6 year old son comes home twice a week with homework and gets stressed out about it, I think we have got something wrong. My school days were fun, from 5 - 18 and I enjoyed every second. Its sad that the level of competence requuired to pass A levels these days would have just scrapped through an O level in my day, I could do my daughters maths A level work now and I've been out of main stream education for 22 years.
Old 19 May 2003, 02:31 PM
EvoBarry
Scooby Regular

If I had kids and that was their school I'd be very tempted to withdraw them from competing in the sports day altogether frankly. That Head Teacher deserves a slap, flamin' idiot.

Old 19 May 2003, 02:34 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

I dunno .... if you've seen the way some of the parents round here behave at local under-7s football matches, you would think the head teacher has a point ....

I've seen dads shouting and swearing at their poor bloody sons who are trying their best, literally like "Competitive Dad" from the Fast Show. Two parents had to be banned from attending matches because they were verbally abusing opposing players and the referee. I feel very sorry for kids growing up in that kind of environment.

[Edited by brickboy - 5/19/2003 2:37:52 PM]
Old 19 May 2003, 02:37 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

Brickboy
They are usually the ones who were sh1te at sports themselves. They try to put there own failures behind them by living through there children. Sad as ****.
Old 19 May 2003, 05:51 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

How the hell are these kids gonna cope in the real world with real competition if this is how they are educated!
Couldn't agree more. Competition is a natural (and healthy) human trait. Quite what this silly mare is trying to achieve is quite beyond me.

[Edited by Mark Miwurdz - 5/19/2003 5:51:24 PM]
Old 19 May 2003, 06:28 PM
Trucker Ted
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I feel sorry for children growing up today in this type of ridiculous,false environment,this head teacher is an imbocile.So much for helping a child develop and learning the ways of the world,what is wrong with a bit of good natured fun and friendly competition.
The parents should just keep their children off school on the sports day as a protest or find a new school!
Old 19 May 2003, 06:43 PM
AnDy_PaNdY
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

No wonder this country's going down the toilet.
They are breeding a nation of losers [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 19 May 2003, 06:56 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Can't wait to see how much the govt is going to increase funding to produce a more successful Olympic team, as they usually do.

Wonder if some of the funding will be to pay for this Head's early retirement?
Old 19 May 2003, 07:55 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It looks as though the Roman Sandal wearers are all trying to get more and more PC now.

It wont be long before they find out they are actually in competition with each other and then what will they do!

I am just so amazed at the next thing they seem to come up with now. Trouble is, if you ever discuss it with one of them they actually seem to sincerely believe in what they advocate. I wish they would all go to a special place somewhere where they can practice their philosophies on each other and leave us out of it.

Les
Old 19 May 2003, 08:01 PM
Luke
BANNED

So .....should Schools be allowed??? Well to sit in a class and see another pupil doing better than you..........could scar you for life !!!!!!

Love it....... makes me laugh.
Old 19 May 2003, 10:48 PM
Shings
Scooby Newbie

Wellll

My bro plays Ice Hockey for Solihull Barons sometimes and the parents are banned from the training days and home events.

Simply the coaches get more out of the kids if the parents aint around. And it works a treat.

Shings
Old 19 May 2003, 11:39 PM
Crush
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Stupid, just stupid!

Thank **** I don't ever plan on having children. Or is that not PC either?

It really is getting beyond control now. And what can be done about it? People will be having children, and they will be taken away from birth & put into a PC camp where they will come out brainwashed, fitting in with what 'the higher forces' see as a perfect society