Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Business Banking,,,, who to use?

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2003, 04:10 PM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am setting up a small company to launch a product/service in the UK. At the moment this is only a small/part time venture but I need a business bank account.

Has anyone looked into a similar thing or do you know of a good site for comparisons of business banks and services. Basically at the moment all I want is an account where I can get a couple of debit cards and cheque books and not be saddles with huge fees.

Thanks for your help guys... H.
Old 16 April 2003, 04:13 PM
iain atkins
Scooby Regular

Talking

HSBC are very good

Iain
Old 16 April 2003, 04:14 PM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

merci... will look at them now and compare against Natwest who I use ona personal banking basis.
Old 16 April 2003, 04:24 PM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

try on moneysupermarket, http://commercial.moneysupermarket.com/main. Offers a comparison of the banks that offer business banking (50 different current accounts from 25 institutions).

Hope that helps.
Old 16 April 2003, 08:14 PM
Les H
Scooby Regular

Another vote for HSBC here, moved to them from Lloyds about 5 years ago and been very impressed, no problems at all and very helpful.

Les H
Old 16 April 2003, 10:25 PM
Langy
Scooby Regular

Bank of Scotland do a good business account, direct business banking and it's free of charges for life, only possible downside is you don't have a branch, just phone and internet and you need to keep over 5k in the a/c. If neither of the above is a problem it's a good idea
Old 16 April 2003, 10:36 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Houlbt,

Go to the local branch of each bank that you might use for your business, and ask for an information pack!! They all do 'em, and they contain lots of useful information (surprise ). More importantly, you will experience first-hand how you may be dealt with in the future.

There are some very different attitudes

mb
Old 18 April 2003, 05:38 PM
sqwint
Scooby Regular

I'm a Senior Business Manager with Nat West, and more than happy to help. A Blatent plug I know...but hey!
E-mail me offline if you want me to call you and run through the details of our offerings.

regards

Mark
Old 19 April 2003, 07:30 AM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

I'm just in the process of changing b'ness bank accounts from HSBC to Barclays.

Had nothing but nightmares with HSBC. I started off with 2 years "free banking" (long term personal customer). Moving over to Barclays will only get me 9 months free, but If you do most of your transactions via the internet its still free after that period...apart from paying in cheques, monies, but once there cleared you can move it via the net foc

Also looked at Lloyds as well. In the first year its free and the second year its 50% discount. I didnt go with them as they tried to dictate what I had to do

Nath
Old 19 April 2003, 08:46 AM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the replys guys... I've basically decided to take a punt with Natwest for now. I've been with Natwest since Uni and they've always come good when there have been any mistakes on my account etc... and gone the extra step to keep me happy IMHO. I'm particularly impressed with this premium banking lark and I really do hope to find my experience with the business managers is comparable...

Anyway, spoke to the business manager for the City of London branches aside from being holiday next week he seems more than helpful.

Thanks... Tom

nearly forgot... I incur no charges with Natwest for the first 18 months or something because I already have an account with them.

[Edited by Houlbt - 4/19/2003 8:47:36 AM]