Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Today's youth - what can we do!

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2003, 08:03 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

The neds and youth of today are just out of control! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I was at my parents tonight for tea and when I came out and got into the car I couldn't believe my eyes. Just a little further up the street was about 20 youths leaning on my mums and the neighbours cars. I just couldn't believe the lack of respect I was seeing...BUT....one of them who was horsing around decided to jump up and stand (with shoes on) on the bonnet [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] He was laughing and p1ssing around and clearly didn't care about the implications of standing on the bonnet of someone elses car [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I didn't say anything for fear of the car being keyed but left it to my parents to decide to handle it!

My question is this: What can we do about our children. I'm only 24 so I can still remember being that young and I swear we had a lot more respect. Don't get me wrong we still did things we shouldn't but come ON!!! I'd personally rather see police resources ploughed into dealing with our ned culture than rapists and murders! Granted these real crimes are far more devistating when they occur but rape and murder is far less common than the sheer grief and intimidation that the public suffer/feel as a result of neds running riot, smashing things, burning things, stealing, etc!!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Discuss
Old 21 March 2003, 08:09 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

were they wearing wonky caps and gold chains?
if so then stay away.
astraboy.
Old 21 March 2003, 08:18 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

hang on,

they all wear wonky caps and gold chains.

agree with paxo, I can't remeber doing stuff like that when i was a nipper, I also went to a dive of a school full of scrotebags- even they were relativley tame to today's youth.

something that sticks in my mind was a conversation i had with an apprentice at work. :hovis:when I was a lad it was ciggies behind "C" block at playtime : hovis:,
the apprentice told me the more updated version - skunkweed at playtime , then bunk off the afternoon for an E.

Not all of them are trouble obviousley, but it seems the ones who do get away with murder.
Old 21 March 2003, 08:20 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

I had a simlar prob down here in Craiglockhart, Edinburgh recently (I believe your folks are in Buckstone or similar SB?)

Large group of 20 neds drunk on a sat night standing on street corner. They start delving into local street bin (full of dog **** as people put their dog **** in there!) - but they didn't seem to realise this. Anyway, once they had emptied the bin, they demolished it.

Now, while a big bloke myself, me against 20 drunken neds is a a bit much for me, and if drunk, they might get knives out!!! (it is a nice middle class area, but can't be too careful). So, I had to stand and watch from the window.... :-(

The other MAJOR reason for non-confrontation is the fact they know where I live, but I don't know where they live. So, reprisals could be forthcoming if I get too nasty.

What can you do?

I'd be happy to play vigilante in someone elses territory but not my own backyard. Maybe we can come to some sort of agreement SB - I do Buckstone, you do Craiglockhart!!

I'd happily slap these neds.
Old 21 March 2003, 08:24 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

video the bastids and send it off to the plod !
Old 21 March 2003, 08:31 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

confrontation - big mistake.

sat in the living room one friday night about 9:30, so relativley sloshed on stella.

feckin big racket outside, being merry decided to go outside and investgate, not so much " dutch courage" its just things get on my t1ts more after a few glasses of wife beater.

looks out of the door, and 7 or 8 ******* had assembled on their "twist n' fart" scooters right next to my van.

had a quick dekko to try and work out who was in charge ( these ******** are like sheep remember), and asked him a simple question.

mj :exscuse me mate, do you live round here?

******* : err, no.

mj: WELL WTF ARE YOU DOING HERE THEN?

nobhed : ???

they all fecked off. next morning, three big gouges in my bonnet.

moral of the story, unless they have done any damage or harm leave the toerags untill you can't bite your lip any longer.
Old 21 March 2003, 08:33 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about this for teaching respect,

I got mugged by a little ****** (from a nearby group of about 5) at a cash till, he told me he was "taxing me" and being a bit of a dimwit I didnt understand but didnt feel remotely threatened as my mate Degs was in the car about fifty feet away, he carried on, "come on lets ave it" so I finally twigged and said no, he tried to take it by force so I stopped him by putting it in my pocket, we get into a tussle so I start laughing and feel something sharp in my ribs which hurt, little ******* was stabbing me (or trying to) with a pen knife so I did the only reasonable thing and bit down as hard as I could on his ear, it separated just as Degs appeared from the car and kicked him, he sprawled
across the pavement and I still had ear in my mouth. Degs had a Large bar at that point (part of a Krooklok thing) and before they could lay in he waved it, they dispersed, matey was on the floor and I had to stop my mate from really hurting him with it, we departed (having spat the little bit of ear out) and went to a club, I drank loads which seemed to stop me going into shock, the stab would was just a scratch but bled like f**k.

Thats why I leave gangs of yobbos to it and call the Police, I learned to respect gangs of *******.

Trending Topics

Old 21 March 2003, 08:46 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

I think even the police are scared of these sh1tbags, i rang them loads of times about the ******* causing havoc where i used to live and all i ever saw was a token jam butty car pull in the road hang around for 2 mins and then sod off.

I'll rephrase that, scared is not the right term - i would say more trouble than its worth is more apt. what they forget is that people our age can put up with it ( to a point) but old dears are frightened to death.

J4ACKO - reeeespect.
Old 21 March 2003, 09:13 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Today's toerag youths are the product of 30 and 40 something parents who haven't a fecking clue about installing a sense of right and wrong, or discipline, in their kids.

They're the ****** that need sorting.
Old 21 March 2003, 09:33 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

J4cko - well done mate, and glad you got away with it. Some guy out of his brain on speed pulled a saw-edge knife on me, and I punched him in the throat. It was only afterwards that I found I had three parallel nicks on my neck - he must have gone for me at the same time. Only a couple of mil between me and Philip Lawrence (headteacher stabbed when protecting a pupil)

Just had reports of my son being bullied at school by the gang in the year above him; apparently they were going to wait for him after school and destroy him. All five of them, 15 yr olds, on one kid a year younger. Like, really tough. I've written a 2-page letter to the school, and will be seeing the Head on Monday. If he doesn't act to my satisfaction, I will talk to them in their own language. And as I was bullied at school before I took a few lessons, they won't appreciate that.

*******[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 21 March 2003, 10:32 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have my eldest (7) in Kung Fu lessons and he loves it, nowadays you need an edge and I will spend the time and money to give them it, not turn them in to hardcases or teach them to be agressive, just enough to get them through. My five year old gets bullied by a six year old pushing him and the little **** who looks like Ned Flanders kids calls him "Mr Poopey head", not bothered about the pushing but that name needs dealing with so taught little feller how to land a punch, one was enough and now he gets left alone.
Old 21 March 2003, 10:39 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Imlach it seems there is no safe place now Buckstone used to be a nice family estate but now all those kids have grown up to become teenagers and have nothing better to do that hang about in droves 20-30 strong!! I can't believe Craiglockhart is as bad though That is one of the nicer areas of Edinburgh. In fact now that I think about it so is Corstorphine and its a nightmare too. In fact....the more I think about it you'd probably be safer walking through niddry and craigmillar than you would some of the nicer areas of Edinburgh
Old 21 March 2003, 10:43 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Let me clarify, this was an isolated one-off incident in Craiglockhart, but always just pees me off....

sometimes it is all down to large-group peer pressure - I'm sure deep down a lot of them are perfectly ok kids.....on their own. When in groups, things can happen.

They will realise in 10-15 years what we hate about it :-)
Old 21 March 2003, 10:54 PM
Tino
Scooby Regular

I think the problem these days is kids cannot be punished and they know it.
When I was young if you were out of order you got a clip round the ear and you got the message. If you try that now you get carted off for child abuse. I realise that such laws are put in place for very good reasons however there has to be some form of deterent to teach young people the difference between right and wrong, or they grow up with a completely twisted set of morals.
Old 21 March 2003, 10:59 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Angry

You should email this thread to the "don't smack the kids" groups. When I was younger, I knew that if I did wrong, I would get a "bl00dy good hiding", and I grew up "alright"

Nowadays, there is no deterrent and hence the little bar stewards get away with practically everything.
Old 21 March 2003, 11:25 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Quite agree, the threat of a real smacking is a sobering thought as a youngster. I remember once me and my brother were fighting and my dad gave us warning after warning. Eventually he lost the plot and game through with the belt and swung it at my bare legs! I jumped, he missed, I laughed. Lets just say his second swing wiped the smile of my face. Lesson learned!!!
Old 21 March 2003, 11:38 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Surely it is the responsibility of parents to install discipline in their kids?

I know of plenty of people who complain about the 'yoof of today' and yet they have no idea where their's are, or what they're doing. Out of sight out of mind seems to be the easy option taken by parents these days.

I think a lot of parents these days were used to discipline when they were kids and probably hated getting a smack (or whatever). They then either consciously (or sub consciously) decide that they 'won't do that to their kids'.
Old 22 March 2003, 03:08 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

This is clearly the work of them asylum seeking anglos. Why hasn't the home office deported them?
Old 22 March 2003, 04:40 AM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

quite right Katana.
Old 22 March 2003, 07:38 AM
VinylJunkie
Scooby Regular

straight outside with a baselball bat/ extendable cosh/ pepper spray and beat the living crap out of em
Old 22 March 2003, 08:01 AM
scoobyangel
Scooby Regular

Today's toerag youths are the product of 30 and 40 something parents who haven't a fecking clue about installing a sense of right and wrong, or discipline, in their kids.

thanx for that..

at 30, i have just had my first child, and if you think that he will be allowed to run riot you are very wrong!

Old 22 March 2003, 09:25 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Congrats ScoobyAngel, and it was a generalisation which would include myself if true 100%
Old 22 March 2003, 10:06 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Nat21 has hit the nail on the head! There seems little/nothing that you can do to stop them damaging your property, etc
Old 22 March 2003, 03:36 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree with you totally Saxo, it is complete lack of respect for other people and their property. Moose is right too, the blame must come from their parent's attitude to bringing them up, the leftie liberals who won't allow any kind of significant punishment, and the lack of authority that the teachers have these days. I certainly got a good hiding if I got off track and found not only that it was unpleasant but that there was an element of shame attached to it too. Our teachers were allowed to use corporal punishment and it was more the feeling of foolishness than the pain when you went to get a caning. At least we were brought up to respect authority and not to destroy other people's property.

The Ghurkas are very strict with their children and any transgression brings instant punishment. The children are extremely well behaved and yet believe me they are not short of self possession when they grow up, no one argues with a Ghurka!

Les

[Edited by Leslie - 3/22/2003 3:41:39 PM]
Old 22 March 2003, 05:13 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Yep its true theres no bad thing as bad kid just bad parenting. However Id have thought most thirty somethings grew up respecting authority (I certainly did) and having had my first child at 34 Im gonna make damn sure she isnt unruly (hopefully!)

Seriously though its all because of the PC little ***** society we live in. I learned respect at home cos my dad would beat me and learn it school, you kept you mouth shut or got smacking, plain and simple, in my book theres only one way to learn right from wrong and thats the hard way!!!

Gary
Old 22 March 2003, 05:32 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

There is no talking to these neds. I was brought up in Glasgow(not the nice parts) and the kids know who they can cause trouble to and get away with it. A friend of mine has a garage near govan in a pretty run down area but his cars never get attacked or the garage broken into.
Reason - his son is a real hardcase. Done some time etc for violent offences. Also has the rep of going after people that cause him or his family aggro. Most if not all of us do not wish to have this type of reputation so the police are the only real option. Must admit he's sorted a couple of problems for me before though
Alas
Old 22 March 2003, 06:34 PM
-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

I can sneak out the back of my house and appear from any one of about 4 different places, so I got to thinking...

Has anyone done this, then followed the ******* home to then bang on the door and "explain" to the parents what "little johnny" has been up to all night?

Any stories of success, or are we all destined to become prisoners watching from thwe window while ******* burn out our cars and we are too scared to do anything??

Old 22 March 2003, 07:15 PM
bladerider
Scooby Regular

Two eight year old boys just pushed my bike over. They did a few hundred pounds worth of damage. The parents didn't seem concered so I called the police and told them where the boys live, thinking that a ticking of from a big policeman might make them see sense. The police told me they were not going to do anything as they're under age. I don't know who I'm more angry with.
My "I" grille badge got knicked last week as well.
Old 22 March 2003, 08:02 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Angry

My question is this: What can we do about our children
sterilise the world, then when we have all died out nature can start again.

Sadly the way things are going with discipline in this country it's only going to get worse

I'm only 26 but like you SaxoBoy I too remember the word 'respect'

Scum will take over soon, you can't even get away with 'protecting' your belongings or family these days!

Makes me feel sick writing this, I don't want kids purely because I really can't see a good future in this country for them.

I think the people who died of old age about 10 years ago will have had the last reasonable existance on this earth

Quick Reply: Today's youth - what can we do!