Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Locked or deleted threads

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2003, 01:17 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Lately there seems to be a lot of threads getting locked or deleted for whatever reason the relevent moderator deems fit at the time, which seems to be getting up a lot of peoples noses.

I run a BBS on the HP corperate network and have setup password protected or private forums that only certain members have access to depending on certain factors, is there no way that scoobynet could do a similar thing so that if people want to have a rant or complain about Asylum seekers or traveling folk or just to have a lively debate that some people might take offence to they could be done away from prying eyes, basically if your offended by something then don't read it. It is like the ITC telling us what we can and can't watch on the TV and cutting films or bleeping swearing thus ruining it for us normal, liberal and broad minded people. If you don't like it don't watch it. They put this stuff on late enough at night soif you don't want your kids seeing it, they should probably be in bed anyway.

Anyway back to my point, Please can we have a private forum that is for over 18s only where people are not allowed to come in and then take offence to anything they se or read.
Old 04 March 2003, 03:30 PM
jbryant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are already legal disclaimers on scoobynet, but this does not protect the site from threatened lawsuits. I don't see why a password-protected forum would be any different to be honest.

Cheers
Joolz.