Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New email scam.

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2003, 09:17 AM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Since they're arrested the nigerians with their scam....

Sir/Madam

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Dr. David Metele . I am an accountant and the Project Director employed by the South African Ministry of Energy & Mineral Resources recently transferred to the South African Foreign Credit Office (SAFCO) in London with the responsibility of auditing the South African Government Foreign Reverse account

The reason I am now writing to you is because a contract performed for the South African government by a foreign company between 1994-1996 which has long been invoiced was recently reviewed by the Chief Accountant-General's office, where it was discovered that the original invoice of US$9,500,000,00 (Nine Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) has been inflated to US$39,500,000,00 (Thirty Nine Million Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars.
Further investigations into government accounts by the chief Accountant-General and my department revealed that the actual supply invoice of USD 9.5 Million has been paid to the original contractors but the outstanding inflated amount of USD30 Million as also been approved for release by the chief Accountant-General. The sum has however not been collected as the original contractors were unaware of the inflated sum.

In accordance with this current administration's Contractual Payment Laws, all foreign contract payments go through the (SAFCO) in London where I have been transferred to work with the audit director. Presently, this inflated amount of USD$30 Million is floating in the government Federal Reserve offshore accounts awaiting claim. We are three top ministry officials who know about this transaction. All we now need therefore is a foreign partner whom we will use to front the unclaimed sum of money.

We cannot collect this money by ourselves due to our position as
high-ranking Government employees working outside South Africa. The South African Civil Service Code of Practice forbids all employees working in (SAFCO) from operating foreign or offshore accounts. This condition is presently stamped on our passport. This is why we need your assistance to provide an offshore account of your choice where we can transfer these funds.

Finally, I have been asked to inform you that after we successfully
transfer the money into your account, we would like to invest our own share of the money in any business venture that you deem profitable in the stable economy of your country with your help. I have also been instructed to state what you stand to benefit should you be interested to assist in completing this business simply by letting this funds be transferred into your account by acting as the foreign contractor. For your effort and assistance, you will be compensated with 30% of the total sum, 60% for my partners and me while 10% has been earmarked for any eventual expenses. We will provide you with more details when you signal your acceptance of our proposal.

Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.

Note: It is of the utmost importance that this matter be kept
confidential and top secret. Please do not contact me if you do not want to participate to see through this transactions with us. Endeavour to destroy this piece of documentation immediately if you cannot help us.

Yours sincerely,

Dr. David Metele

Do they really think people are that gullible? (well, apart from that Czech guy)

*edited to tidy the text up*

[Edited by PiNkEyE69 - 2/26/2003 10:58:27 AM]
Old 26 February 2003, 09:29 AM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

I've had that email countless numbers of times. Its old hat now. People must still be gullible.
Old 26 February 2003, 09:30 AM
SB
Scooby Regular

When did they arrest them, any info?
Old 26 February 2003, 09:31 AM
SB
Scooby Regular

When did they arrest them, any info?
Old 26 February 2003, 10:56 AM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Last year, but it hasn't stopped them
No doubt someone who recieved the email thought 'this is a good idea', and made his own one up and so the chain started again.
This "Dr. David Metele" one is new to me, however. I did receive loads of the old scam emails.
Damn those forum signups I never got any of these mails until I signed up to a vb forum.
Old 26 February 2003, 11:17 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

What's the guys email address? sounds like a bargain!!
Old 26 February 2003, 12:12 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Wink

Just received this one in my email. Seems to be a holy version of the above one. LOL what a joke:-

'Dear in Christ,

I am in anticipation of your reply and I am standing on Malachi 3:10 where our Lord Jesus has decree that we should bring tithes and offering to his store house, he convinced us that he will open the windows of heavens and bless us most abudantly. I am a retired Director general of Ministry of aviation and transport and presently the managing director of Solomon consultancy firm and Solomon foundation Inc not until last two years I was practically in the world. Due largely to the counseling of my wife and by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ I confessed Jesus as my personal Lord and saviour and I became a member Redeemed pillar fire ministry and the man of God Pastor Ellias counseled me for deliverance which I did for a period of 30 days, for God said in Obadiah 1:17, that upon mountain Zion there will be deliverance, after which holiness and one can posses his possessions that already I have claimed as my portion. During my thanksgiving that proceedeth prayer session in my ministry, our Lord ministered to me concerning my funds in Europe to invest it in His work and I proceed to posses my possessions. I related with the Elders of my ministry and Pastors of my ministry to direct me. Five names and ministries were nominated and we all prayed for God's divine confirmation which he did at the third/3rd day. Already all arrangements have been concluded with the security house in where they were deposited, for the direct payment of the funds $21.6 million us dollars to you. All you need do is to furnish me with your full names,address, Telephone & Fax numbers in order to appropriate the document with the central bank of Nigeria (C. B. N) clearing house in Europe for onward payment to you. Then I will be able to confirm to you Brother in Lord the code access number to contact the central Bank of Nigeria Clearing House for the fund.I thank God for his Grace upon my life and for making me to know our Lord Jesus Christ,Glory be to God.Be informed that this fund is strictly for the work of God and other investment that will Glorify God.
You share of the money shall be 30% of the total amount.
Remain Blessed
Deacon Ben Ewemie.
You may reply me via deaconben1@latinmail.com'

Old 26 February 2003, 12:29 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Should spam the ****** see how he likes it
Old 26 February 2003, 12:33 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

see here
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=132947
an here
http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadID=139371
Old 26 February 2003, 02:26 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

419 fraud.

pop "419 fraud" into google and you'll find out where you can report it.
Old 26 February 2003, 02:47 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Dont ever reply to these mails, even to hurl abuse as they can then verify they have a working email address and then send more spam to it.

Dave