Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

audi tt !!! pah.

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2001, 04:48 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
had a "set to" with a tt (admittedly a 180bhp one - single exhaust) yesterday with the new clio 172. i was up behind him and kept having to lift off cos he had not enough grunt, and when we got 2 free lanes of dual carriageway, how surprised was ******** to see me va va vooooming past him and zipping round the roundabout !!!!

viva la resistance.

dave
Old 31 July 2001, 05:30 PM
Squashed Bettle
Scooby Newbie

The 180's are as slow as a 2 litre Golf Gti and with all that weight and understeer a Skoda would get past.

Now pick on someone your own size or at least someone with a similar power to weight ratio as your paper thin Clio.

Bettle
Old 31 July 2001, 06:16 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Sorry i thought the TT was supposed to be a sports car not a slug. Silly me

Old 31 July 2001, 06:20 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Old 31 July 2001, 10:28 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hey...hold on...there's an echo.
Old 01 August 2001, 12:51 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Wink

well in my defence i was going to add the post to the tt thread in the general section, but as it didnt contain a scooby it went in non scooby related.

and anyway, my dads harder than your dad.

diggy - having previously driven a wrx i would not be so silly as to race one in the clio. especially if it means you blowing me a kiss. nooooooooooooooo.

fyi the clio is well run in but has gone in for a suspected misfire this week. 2 weeks old aswell !! i knew i should have waited for the civic type-r.............

Old 01 August 2001, 08:40 AM
SteveYeowart
Scooby Regular

Angry

Is it just me or does anyone else on here find threads such as this a little childish and pathetic!! I beat X with Y blah blah blah come on guys grow up were not kids playing some bizarre game of top trumps!!
Old 01 August 2001, 08:50 AM
rjc
Scooby Regular

Not that I condone racing on the public roads but, my Rover 200vi will leave a TT (180bhp) for dead and that's only got 143bhp. The Audi TT is a bland, slow and ugly car with a nice interior.

Rob C
Old 01 August 2001, 08:53 AM
DIGGY
Scooby Regular

Talking

Steve,

so you post on here as you like ploughing then

Glad to hear the new motors going well dave, Is that the one that drives around our way trying to race..........got wipped by me the other week silver coupe, driver looks like he fancies himself very smarmy looking greased shortish black hair mirror sunglasses look of horror as i blew im a kiss on the way past........

[This message has been edited by DIGGY (edited 01 August 2001).]
Old 01 August 2001, 09:13 AM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Talking

I'm with Steve.

Clowns.
Old 01 August 2001, 10:10 AM
DIGGY
Scooby Regular

Barry,

You can't say that Just because they brought TT's don't make em clowns

[This message has been edited by DIGGY (edited 01 August 2001).]
Old 01 August 2001, 11:03 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Cool

Good to here the little one is going well Dave You cleared the running in now then I take it

I think its quite childish and pathetic that some people have nothing better to add to a thread
If you don't like those sort of threads that say X and Y then why read it in the first place - numpties Its a free world, let people post what they want

Oh, and lol @ Diggy!!!! You never blow me a kiss he hee!!!!
Old 01 August 2001, 11:43 AM
BrownDot
Scooby Regular

Steve,

Just because I wear make up, wear size 16 shoes, have a flower in my lapel that squirts water, have a nest of bright red hair on my head and have a propensity for outrageous oversized chequered suits DOESN'T MAKE ME A CLOWN OK ?
Old 01 August 2001, 11:49 AM
BrownDot
Scooby Regular

Steve,

Better get used to it - Scoobynet has a vast eclectic collection of tossers (like me) who's opinions vary accordingly.

From over-exuberant new Scooby owners, to the more mature / smoking jacketed connoseur like me, who'll put down his pipe and wave at fellow Scooby owners.

The point is...(pauses, while he thinks of some meaningless point) ...yes, the point is, is that you just have to accept you'll get allsorts on here and you ALWAYS get the odd:

"I totally blew away a <insert car> and the stupid <insert derogatory comment> didn't know what hit him"

[This message has been edited by BrownDot (edited 01 August 2001).]
Old 01 August 2001, 01:01 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

BTW - Steve/Barry have you posted the same complaints in Fosters R6 thread and Astraboys TT thread in the general section....

No? Thought not

Also "180 TT is as slow as a 2.0 Golf GTi"

Hmmmmm.

UKcar 0-60 times:

Audi TT 180 - 7.4
Golf GTi 2.0 (Mk4) - 10.5

Clio 172 - 7.2, Seems quite a fair matching to me with the TT........
Old 01 August 2001, 04:48 PM
Squashed Bettle
Scooby Newbie

I'm not convinced the outcome of this meeting of metal would have surprise anyone. Buyers of 180 versions tend to be polishers (posers) not drivers, even the standard out of the box 225 cars are nothing to write home about performance wise (as per below)

I'm not really into figures but I've extracted these for your pleasure. Remember too that the power at the wheels figures would be even more in the FWD Clio's favour because power loss through any 4-WD system is far higher.

These are tested not factory figures are a little more accurate.

Roadster 180
Weight 1460 Kg 180 bhp = 123 Hp/Tonne
(If it was a hot day on 31/07 it was probably less)

0-60 8.6 secs
0-70 11.0 secs
0-80 13.6 secs
March 2000 (Audi Owners Magazine)

Sport Clio 172
Weight 1035 Kg 170 bhp = 164 Hp/tonne

0-60 6.6 secs
0-70 8.5 secs
0-80 11.0 secs
February 2000 (Evo 016)

Even a standard 225 bhp Roadster tested in the same issue of Evo only managed.

0-60 6.9 secs
0-70 9.0 secs
0-80 12.0 secs
February 2000 (Evo 016)
Old 01 August 2001, 05:42 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wink

I'm really ignoring the Clio vs TT match, you said the 180TT was as slow as a 2.0 GTi Golf which is not true - that was the point I was making, I just put the Clio in as a sideline

We could quote figures all day, every magazine is different. But with your own figures you've shown how quick the 180 is and thus quite clearly showing your first statement to be incorrect......

And also to the point of picking on something his own size - isn't it the point of little cars like these to show up the bigger boys that cost much more - quite clearly it does the job nicely

BTW - totally agree with you on your point re the 180 as a posers and the 225 as the more drivers machine (providing the traction control is off )
Old 02 August 2001, 06:06 AM
DIGGY
Scooby Regular

Druddle,

i wasn't refering to you got a complex haa haa haa........

I know about the wrx it was the first one i saw, and i was very green
Old 02 August 2001, 06:50 AM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Wink

Old 02 August 2001, 07:05 AM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Old 02 August 2001, 09:17 AM
SteveYeowart
Scooby Regular

Browndot take it your refering to my newbie status, thats because my old account packed up for some reason have been posting on here for quite some time, and yes I KNOW there are people on here like that and thats my point. PS if you could read you'll see I never called any one a clown

Why didn't I post on the other threads? Because I read this and posted, then saw the others realised I was on to a loser and couldn't be arsed!!

Scoobyjawa as people are allowed to have their opinions let me have mine OK

This stuff is pub talk pathetic, slagging someone else's car we have to accept that not everyone like scoobs as not everyone likes the look of the TT, but each to their own the world would be a boring place if everyone had the same taste's. Don't see the point in slagging people off because of their tastes, lifes too short.

Currently in the prosess of getting rid of my scoob because of the hassles of ownership from people just like you (INSERT ANYONE ONE OF THE I BEAT X WITH Y MENTALITY), I can't have a hassle free drive any where without every Tom DICK and harry trying it on in their cars , won't name cars because unlike you lot thats not what its about, the scoob is my taste and I like it. I accept other people have faster cars but I don't try racing porches just to see if i'm quicker whats the point PS I don't like porsches not my taste!! But I accept some people do

CAN you people see what I'm saying or are you too childish to accept I have a valid point!!!

Look below at the replys to this........... JUST WHAT I THOUGHT I must be psychic!!!

What am I replacing the scoob with? A VW golf diesel and looking forward to a hassle free drive into work everyday.

To all those I've offended with this I'm not sorry, grow up its people like you that have made me come to my decision after 5 years of scoob ownership to get out, to those who sympathise I thank you for the good times i've had (and the few other arguments!!!) as a member of this board. Off to join Gary and the other diesel heads now.

So long and thanks for all the fish!!!

And so the end is near........

Not even bothering with flame suit coz I don't care anymore!!!

RANT MODE OFF

[This message has been edited by SteveYeowart (edited 02 August 2001).]
Old 02 August 2001, 09:32 AM
Squashed Bettle
Scooby Newbie

ScoobieJawa

Sorry if we're into being accurate please note Quattro TT's (All UK cars) don't have traction control, so it's impossible to switch off ;-)
Old 02 August 2001, 09:50 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Squashed Bettle:
<B>ScoobieJawa

Sorry if we're into being accurate please note Quattro TT's (All UK cars) don't have traction control, so it's impossible to switch off ;-)[/quote]

the 225bhp quattro convertible i test drove about 6 months ago had traction control as i turned it off and had a whale of a time. it was from an audi dealership in camberley, whites i think, and it was uk spec.
Old 02 August 2001, 09:59 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

steve - i hear exactly what your saying and can sympathise with every one wanting to race you in the scoob - i owned one and now have the clio.

i am not coming out and saying "my car was better/faster/whatever than what i was following", but just having a little lighthearted laugh at an experience on the road i had. i think the tt is a nice car (convertible anyway !!) and i am not slagging anyone for owning one as i nearly got one, but theres nowhere to put me records when i am off around the place DJing.

diggy - i knew it couldnt be me anyway as i have long blonde hair and a fantastic cleavage that you would have noticed. anyway, i havent got a complex.......OI WHO SAID THAT, COME ON SHOW YOURSELF. hahaha.

craft - wikkid animated gif mate !!!

[This message has been edited by druddle (edited 02 August 2001).]
Old 02 August 2001, 11:20 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Squashed Bettle:
<B>ScoobieJawa

Sorry if we're into being accurate please note Quattro TT's (All UK cars) don't have traction control, so it's impossible to switch off ;-)[/quote]

lol

Old 02 August 2001, 02:28 PM
DazV
Scooby Regular

Steve,

Wasn't referring to your newbie status - didn't even notice it to be honest.

Wasn't even referring to you at all when I mentioned the newbie bit.

Was just explaining you must *expect* these type of threads - the individuals you get on here vary wildly from kids to old geezers, some of whom you agree with, and some you think don't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

Sadly, I ditched my Scoob for the same reasons you mention.
Old 02 August 2001, 07:02 PM
Squashed Bettle
Scooby Newbie

Druddle

I guess you're referring to ESP Electronic Stability Programme, the thing Audi fitted to stop it fippiing over not traction control??

Yes, it's better to drive with it off, it's crap compared to the software developed for the 996.
Bettle
Old 02 August 2001, 10:13 PM
Squashed Bettle
Scooby Newbie

ScoobieJawa and Druddle

As you’ve shown so much interest in the TT’s 4-wd and electronic systems I wouldn’t like you to give other readers inaccurate information.

Traction Control sense slippage of wheels & apply “braking force” to the wheel until the slipping stops. These are old hat, are slow to react, akin to pumping the brakes before ABS was invented and give a surge experience when pulling away quickly from a standstill, just to make sure everyone is clear the TT Quattro’s don’t have TC.

Audi use the Haldex 4-WD coupling to increase power to the none slipping wheel NOT applying the brakes to the wheel affected it’s far faster sensing within 10 degrees of slippage and are disengaged in less than 100 ms. It’s a very good system, but the set-up that Audi have chosen to ask Haldex to program in as the default would be better if a 35/65 or 40/60 split were used.. As it is it takes a bit of getting used to compared to my WRX STi V but it is effective, more so on the track than the road. You may recall that a standard 225 Coupe and P1 posted identical lap times at Millbrook Wet Circuit in Evo 019, both beaten by on the day by the Boxster, but ahead of the Skyline R33 (3.5 secs slower), original Audi Quattro and host of other FWD and RWD cars including the latest M5.

Druddle the ESP on/off button you referred to on the Mk.2 TT’s is something completely different to the Haldex 4-WD system, TC or ABS sensors which control the basic front-back movement. ESP senses "yaw" or the side-side slippage and applies braking force to a wheel and cuts power to regain control.

Personally I didn’t send my Mk.1 Coupe back to have the ESP retro fit because as I said it’s crude rushed programming compared to the Porsche Stability Management which allows a sensible amount of fun before taking control.

Bettle
Old 03 August 2001, 07:11 AM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Old 03 August 2001, 11:42 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wink

[This message has been edited by ScoobyJawa (edited 03 August 2001).]

Quick Reply: audi tt !!! pah.