Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2003, 02:25 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I've never had such a hearty laugh

I've just been throught town and seen a Police Focus, in a garden

Seemingly, he struck a bright blue Luton van! I spoke to the van driver and....

The van was turning right into a side road, the police car overtook the van and clipped his OSF corner, the police car then spun into a side street and on into a garden!

This all took part well into a 30mph zone, near numerous junctions, there are chevrons in the centre of the road, near a phone box and 200 yds from a school!
Old 21 January 2003, 02:26 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

pics to follow too
Old 21 January 2003, 02:27 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Talking

Can't wait for the pics
Old 21 January 2003, 05:42 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

what a tosser! I have seen a few near misses with this sort of thing - pedestrians having to dive into bushes, police locked up skidding round a bend he's gone too fast for etc. Edited to say without blue lights on

[Edited by Boost II - 1/22/2003 12:04:17 AM]
Old 21 January 2003, 05:52 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

lol where abouts we talking mate?
Might nip and see
Old 21 January 2003, 05:56 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

hahah were the coppers trapped in it??
you could have gone and moonied through the windscreen lol.

BB
roll on the pics!!!

Old 21 January 2003, 06:15 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

hahah were the coppers trapped in it??
You are truly sick.

Trending Topics

Old 21 January 2003, 06:16 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Let's hope they were not on their way to save someones life.
Old 21 January 2003, 06:17 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

erm, sorry, i didn't mean like dead or cut or anything, just merely stuck in it!!!

like the post says!!!

you are the sick one nathan!!!

BB
Old 21 January 2003, 06:17 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Angry

Let's hope they were not on their way to save someones life.
Old 21 January 2003, 06:18 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

sounds like they were more likely to take someones life!!

BB
Old 21 January 2003, 06:20 PM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

Sorry for double posting, computer crashed...that's quite funny as it didn't involve anyone else and my computer wasn't trying to help anyone else.

Old 21 January 2003, 06:27 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

you are the sick one nathan!!!
Go on then how do you figure

Dead, cut or only trapped that is one sick comment. Especially as you have no idea where they were going and what the were trying to do.
Old 21 January 2003, 06:40 PM
milly
Scooby Regular

a

[Edited by milly - 1/21/2003 6:49:56 PM]
Old 21 January 2003, 06:49 PM
milly
Scooby Regular

Obviously you have no idea how dangerous blue light runs can be for police drivers.
Idiots that don't stop when they see blue lights in there mirrors or when they do stop it's on the brow of a hill or blind corner.
But hey never mind. We will all stop doing emergency runs and when your car is being stolen, house burgled or a member of your family being attacked we will take 30 minutes instead of 5 to get there. Hope that this will make you happy and reduce the risk to the public.
By the way I know 2 coppers seriously hurt whilst driving on a blue light run. Guess you will all want to laugh at their misfortune as well. (Don't worry about their families!)and the accident wasn't there fault unless you all think drink drivers are the police's fault as well!
Old 21 January 2003, 06:50 PM
Luke
BANNED

Its a 2 way thing.................. But one of them could have been terrible.
But if it ended up been a "BiG laugh" in the canteen then thats great.
Old 21 January 2003, 06:54 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

Angry

Milly- Fat chance of the PLOD hot footing it round to any real crime anyway. In my experience the police DON'T come when your house is being burgled, car stolen etc. They prefer to sit on their asses writing reports and exchanging off the cuff remarks about themselves, their superiors and the public that pays the ungrateful ******* their inflated wages! I know I worked with them for 2 years!
Old 21 January 2003, 07:09 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

scooby-new.

I suppose we were silly for expecting anything else from some people on this board.

Old 21 January 2003, 07:22 PM
Am I sick or just mad!
Scooby Regular

Wink

Emergency runs to the kebab van before it closes @ 2 am

As with us mere mortals who seem to suffer from the Police only being there when we do something wrong like 31 in a 30
People experiancing bad treatment at the hands of the police is going to stick in the memory, no?
I can not think of any other job that has the powers that the police have, and has the same amount of contact on a daily basis with the general public, can you?
So it stands to reason that if someone is treated cursly or a police officer takes a personal dislike to you because you stick up for yourself, that in the future when disccusinons about the police take place that you will have a negative view of them?
I would of thought that it was a given obvious that if you gain employment in a field that the general public recieve bad treatment from, that you will then be shunned by them when you infiltrate there midsts? Afterall a police officer is always on duty, yes?
If you did not realise that being a police officer would involve being shunned by the majority of the rest of society, then I fear that you are not the right sort of person to be doing the job you have.
I would think that you have 2 choices, you can either accept that people are going to be forever negative to the police as no one likes to be told off, even if in the wrong, yes? Or you can get another job and rejoin the community as a member of it and not as a watcher of it...

mad mark

No doubt I shall now get a visit from the thought police
Old 21 January 2003, 09:19 PM
stu200
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

No, just people sick of listening to scratched records from the same old artists
Old 21 January 2003, 11:01 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

I find it amazing that using the "p" word for gypsies can get a thread locked or deleted, but you can say what you like about the Police and nothing is done. I know which group of people I prefer, and they don't live in caravans...
Old 21 January 2003, 11:04 PM
chileanred
Scooby Regular

Indeed.

Who would you rely on/call if you were in trouble/danger?

Easy to slag off a target that can't answer back.
Old 22 January 2003, 12:17 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

For the record the officer driving got out fine and went to hospital for a check up

I might add, the van driver alledged that the Police car wasn't using it lights or siren. I can well believe this as I had one do it to me the other night, it was dark and I could only tell it was the feds when it was inch off mi bumper, then the lights came on and he whizzed past!

The thing that makes me mad about the accident is that it was totally and utterly avoidable, 100% no doubt about it! The road is dead straight on the cop should have no excuse for not seeing the guy turn. Also, from where the impact happened to where the car stopped is about 100yds and over two lots of kerbs! Remember this is in a 30zone and what I forgot to mention is that it's right outside a nursery too!

A question for perhaps Burr? Is it possible for me to find out what happens now with all this? There was an accident investigation van present, would it be possible for me to see their findings? I'd be really interested to find out what happens to the officer, he deserves a big time bollocking, IMO. As a Police officer he should set an example, frankly I'm not impressed by his actions, even if he was answering a call.... I'd rather he got there than crashed in a car that our hard earned has paid for.

Please don't take this as an assualt on the Police, or you as Police officers

To be absolutely blunt, I have a very low opinion of the Police, in fact I haven't got a good word to say about them BUT, that's not to say I don't like the people, off duty, if you see what I mean? Out of work, and lets face it, that's all it is...work, they might be really nice folk It's only like saying you don't like mechanics...
Old 22 January 2003, 12:51 AM
Plantie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Lovely disclaimer Bob!
Old 22 January 2003, 08:03 AM
ScoobyK
Scooby Regular

I love the last para Bob....but tell us something that we didn't know !!
Old 22 January 2003, 09:31 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

BOB are u worried about getting a visit putting a disclaimer like that on.
Old 23 January 2003, 10:05 AM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Question

Bob,

Was this on Broughton Road in Skipton?

It was in the Telegraph & Argus on Wednesday night (Bradford/Keighley edition). He's a fair way down the side road though before he has gone into the garden.

Damian.
Old 23 January 2003, 10:19 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Me, worried, nah

Spen, yes it was mate, he ended up chuffin miles from the road! The way he landed in the garden he was lucky to not roll
Old 23 January 2003, 11:19 AM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

What narks me is the sanctimonious nature of the police/defenders of the police posting on this thread. I'm sorry folks but most people's perception of the police isn't positive.

As I said I used to work with them for 2 yrs so I have a little insight into one force at least. It's a fact that many police officers are very arrogant- they have a belief in their infallability which is at the very least misplaced. I have seen them take risks driving that I couldnt believe. Remember most police officers actually have a very low standard of driving......only the traffic cops have decent training and of them only the motorcycle cops have my respect.
Police- the one thing they can't stand is someone who doesnt agree with them- especially when they can't make them suffer for it.
Still I can't think what we could replace them with so I guess we need to make the best of what we've got. No offence intended as I know that some Policemen are OK (hard to find em though)
Old 23 January 2003, 01:14 PM
Tony_W
Scooby Regular

Smile

<rant>
As has been mentioned...Who would you turn to when you are burgled, attacked e.t.c......? hmmm let me guess....

If the police have a bad name, perhaps it's because most of the people they have to deal with are total d1$%heads...

When you consider the IQ of some of the street life they have to deal with, I think they deserve a break.

I've followed several police cars who are driving above the speed limit (without blue lights on) in 30 zones and thought.."I ought to report them as they are not above the law, they are supposed to implement it"), but then remembered that I don't always drive within the speed limit either. They are after all, only human.

Give them a break, as people have said they are always in the public eye. In any job you get some who are ar$eh0le$, but most are not..don't saddle them all with the same title due to the minority..

I am not a plod before anyone responds .....and I don't agree with all the speed cameras e.t.c but it is not the police "workers" who decide upon this, it's MP's...I would expect the Police would be just as upset as you or I, if they get caught speeding off-duty.
</rant>

I think it's sad that scoobynet is used to post things like this...

Quick Reply: A massive thank you to N.Yorks Police!