Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Celebrity Run-ins....

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2001, 12:40 AM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe there should be another thread, 'Celebrity Run-overs...' post if you have run over a celeb (extra credit for any MP's or members of 'boy bands'). Or if you have been run over by a celeb...

Old 23 January 2001, 12:52 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Have you ever seen a film called Death Race 2000?

They get points for running people over...

Quite an old film.
Old 23 January 2001, 09:33 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yesterday 3 work colleagues and I decided to go to the Chiquito £6.99 buffet lunch in Virginia water. Turned up there - saw the buffet, gagged and ran across the road to the pub/hotel.

So - we're sitting there having a drink, having ordered our meals (which were pretty good by the way - I can recommend the pepper steak), when 6 blokes walk in.

Didn't recognise 4 of them but the other 2 were Jeremy Clarkson and Damon Hill. Clarkson makes some comment about wanting to be near the bar so that he can limit his walking to as little as possible. The group then settled down at a table and kept to themselves - they weren't loud or imposing so anyone who didn't recognise them, would have not even have raised an eyebrow.

I was tempted to go up to Clarkon and say that I was his greatest fan and that I had all of his albums, and would be very grateful if I could get the autograph of the great Leo Sayer - but then decided against it.

Obviously they had come along for a quiet lunch - and I didn't want to disturb them.

[This message has been edited by AWD (edited 23 January 2001).]
Old 23 January 2001, 09:37 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Also I didn't know how Clarkson would react if made a joke of in front of his mates on home turf.

Maybe he would have mentioned me in his show by ridiculing some bloke who thought that he was Leo Sayer.

What would you have done?
Old 23 January 2001, 09:54 AM
longun
Scooby Regular

Talking

I would have got his autograph for a start. Then I would have got his four mates autographs even tho I don't know who they are, I then might have got Damon Hill's but only if there was space left on the paper

Which car in the car park belonged to them do you think? One of them must have been driving and they've go to have nice cars.
Old 23 January 2001, 10:21 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

AWD

Should have given me a call I work about 5 minutes from Chiquito's (agree about the pub though - better food)

Cheers
Chris
Old 23 January 2001, 10:59 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sorry Chris - I didn't realise.

I had a look around the carpark but there were no exotica there. I guess they came in an off-roader type thing that was parked there.
Old 23 January 2001, 11:07 AM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

Cool

I can get Alex to give you an autograph.
He quotes from Clarkson video's regularly.
Don't turn up in a Lada or a Datsun though

Old 23 January 2001, 11:37 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Saw Clarkson in a TVR the other day coming out of Kingston. He wasn't driving but the guy who was driving was doing 55 in the middle lane !
Saw Robbie Williams in an exclusive Health Spa where my sister in law works. He was quite reserved & was keeping his head down.
Funniest one was at Silverstone 2 years ago.
Was having a pi55 in the public loos.
Glanced around (as you do) & guess who was having a wee next to me....non other than Sterling Moss !!

Ro
Old 23 January 2001, 11:41 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

Not the best place to ask for an autograph though....

Could have been worse - it could have been George Michael.

Old 23 January 2001, 02:32 PM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

I had a burn up with an XK8 once along a twisting piece of dual carriageway about 2 years ago. I was in my BMW at the time, this cherry red metallic XK8 pulled out of a junction into my path. I flashed my lights and swerved to avoid it, further up it overtook me and pulled in and slowed a touch. I pulled out and went to overtake it and they speeded up, we were doing 85-95 and I dropped back for the upcoming roundabout. They pulled across me and turned into a large wooded area with big houses, later that month I saw it again in daylight. It was "Alan Shearer", he was probably on the way home from Mcdonalds.
Old 23 January 2001, 02:42 PM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

LOL

What sort of BMW were you driving at the time?
Old 23 January 2001, 03:01 PM
longun
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sly, was in Death Race2000 and they just had to kill people in ther cars class film.... The younger the person the more points you got....
Old 23 January 2001, 03:11 PM
ndouglass
Scooby Regular

AWD,

I had a BMW325i at the time when I met Mr Shearer late one night, I didn't like the way it did "Donuts" when you put your right foot down too hard. So I thought I'll get a car with FWD or 4WD, I went and bought a RWD Nissan 300ZX(290bhp) the total opposite. That was fun until I had a drive of my friends "WRX RA", got myself a WRX and never looked back.. Come on now "Shearer".

Old 24 January 2001, 04:40 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Cool

VBH

The Gail Porter twins

You've seen the pics.

'nuff said.

Old 26 January 2001, 12:27 AM
Marc W
Scooby Regular

Talking

Was leaving my office on Regent Street and heard a car approaching from behind with *very* loud music.

Turned and saw a Bentley Azure convertible coming up with Prince Naseem behind the wheel, shades and suit on! Cracked me up!

Number plate was Nas 1. Obviously likes keeping a low profile....

Met Clarkson a few years ago when I was one of the winners of a 'Be a Top Gear presenter' competition. (anyone see me wheel spinning my TVR S3 on the box?!). Clarkson turned up an hour late mumbling something about hangovers and can we get on with it......
Old 26 January 2001, 09:59 AM
AWD
Scooby Regular

Cool

RE: Gail Porter - you lucky bu99er...

Old 26 January 2001, 05:08 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Speaking of run ins. I was almost run of a roundabout by Emlyn Hughes in a senator with Andy Grey as his passenger in Droitwich once. Also We shouted abouse in a drunken state once at Andy Grey in a hotel in worcetser. After all he deserved it!!
Old 26 January 2001, 10:30 PM
S
Scooby Regular

One day, Jack Charlton came into the bar at the Golf club where I used to work.

Imagine the scene, loads of senile golfers trying to get close for a chat about golf and all he was interested in was nattering with me about game fishing over a pint (perfectly poured I might add)!!!!

Also had Ruud Guillet play where hew managed to impress with a fine secong shot into the 18th.

laters

s

Old 26 January 2001, 11:04 PM
CharlesW
Scooby Regular

Wink

While skiing in Courchevel in April '99 I shared a gondola from Verdons up to Vizelle with Ron Dennis and his wife. Seemed like a nice bloke - just small chat about the weather and the skiing. At the top as we were getting out he said "After you."
Old 27 January 2001, 05:07 PM
Chizz
Scooby Regular

being a floor layer ive had my hands around Charlie Dimmocks Toilet not a nice site i can tell you
Old 27 January 2001, 10:24 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy

I sat on an adjacent table to Christopher Biggins at TGI Fridays the other day - not pleasant I can tell you.

I also bumped into Tosh Lyons from the Bill before he snuffed it, it was on the way to see Blind date being filmed. Oh and Edwina Curry knocked at my house one day to make me vote tory - not very eggciting.

I could go on about seeing Gwineth Paltrow in Amsterdam but I won't want to bore you.

F
Old 29 January 2001, 03:32 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Once in a nightclub in Glasgow(Cotton Club) the afore mentioned Andy Gray spilt my Girlfriends drink, like a true gent he offered another and a pint for me...can't ask for more than that, a true gent. He did play for Rangers so I expected no less .
Old 29 January 2001, 03:39 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

My dad use to have a restaurant, and some of the people I met when I helped out there:

Chris Trarrant
Sally James(?? - Tiswas, brown hair)
Gary Wilmott

But my two favourites were,

Jimmy White, and Tony Hart!!

The first three really kept to themselves, but Jimmy White, would be there cursing his luck at the current champsionships, etc. Very nice bloke, much like a mate down the pub!!!

While Tony Hart was just an all round interesting chap, very modest as well!

Ok, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut!!!

Andy
Old 30 January 2001, 02:07 PM
Jules
Scooby Regular

Saw Jimmy White in a Little Chef in Guildford a while ago with his kids.

Very quiet & hardly anyone noticed him.

Jules.
Old 30 January 2001, 02:18 PM
Denn City
Scooby Newbie

My dad's work car park was blocked a couple of years ago by Robbie from Eastenders in a puke-green Fiat Punto, waiting to pick up some poor misguided girl. My dad told him to get the fiick out the way. Gotta respect that.
Old 30 January 2001, 02:27 PM
Denn City
Scooby Newbie

Oh I forgot, my dad was also sitting behind Jimmy Somerville a few years ago on a flight to New York. The squeaky to55er turned around and asked my dad if he wanted his autograph. He said no. He's a nice bloke really, he just keeps meeting crap celebrities. This is getting dangerously close to muppitsville.....
Old 30 January 2001, 02:31 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

This is like a game of 'Celebrity Top Trumps'.....

Does Robbie from Eastenders, beat Tony Hart???

The funny thing about meeting Gary Wilmott, was that he came into the restaurant and asked to book a table for two. I ask him "What name will that be in sir?", and you should have seen the look on his face....!!!!

Oh well!!!

Andy
Old 30 January 2001, 02:47 PM
Paulie
Scooby Newbie

Wink

I was stuck in on the M40 about 18 months ago (nasty contraflow roadworks bit) when a monster lambo diablo tries to cut in... turns out to be jamiroquai bloke and blonde (probably van outen)...

good job the roadworks were there or I would have whooped his a$$ (swiftly followed by waking up to a bowl of soggy cornflakes)...
Old 30 January 2001, 03:01 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

My sister part owns a waterski and jetski lake at Dorchester on Thames. One of the members is Adrian Newey. He's a quite kind of guy who doesn't like talking shop.

Mike

Quick Reply: Celebrity Run-ins....