LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

...that feels like a fish out of water when shopping
Old 20 December 2002, 12:04 AM
Little Miss WRX

Unless it is shopping for car bits, I generally dislike shopping - especially with other women.

I end up slinking off to a car model shop for the duration of the trip hten rejoin at lunch time to plan my next evasion tactic.
Old 20 December 2002, 12:05 AM
gareth60
Scooby Regular

Talking

Don't tell me, your looking for a prezy for your girlfriend ???

My wife's birthday is today and every year I say i'm going to get her birthday and xmas present a few months before??? do I, nope... next year then .....
Old 20 December 2002, 12:11 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Talking

Don't tell me, your looking for a prezy for your girlfriend ???
Rumbled
Old 20 December 2002, 12:32 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

If I shop, i know exactly what i'm going for and exactly where to get it and how much it costs. Whole process is over with in about 30 minutes.

When i go with the g/f, it's a 6 hour long tour of the town involving several trips back to the same shops interlaced with several trips to the cash machine.

Even if i ask her what she wants at the newsagents next door she just says..."er... i dunno... just get me anything". No matter what i bring back it's the wrong thing??? Why cant she just tell me what she wants?
Old 20 December 2002, 12:33 AM
Pinky (Perky's mate)
Scooby Newbie

You tosser, is she worth it??

if she is then you wont feel like a dick if she aint well thats a different matter!

PPM
Old 20 December 2002, 06:56 AM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Well sorry to say this peeps, but I'm one of those guys who loves shopping, even enjoy going to asda TBH, I think the blokes that stand outside the womens shops, look and feel bigger prats than if they went into the shop itself

Roll on the sales

CRAFT
Old 20 December 2002, 07:50 AM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Talking

CRAFT,

I want to borrow you

I'm sure Heather wont mind ..... Oh, dont tell me, Heather already has you booked

Now I know why you pair always look so cool and stylish
Old 20 December 2002, 08:10 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Don't mind shopping, but I've managed to train Lyndsy to buy something the first time she sees it and likes it.

Past experience has told me that she'll see something, like it, try it on, like it, think "there might be something a little better out there" and trail round every shop only to back to the very first place...
...and find they've sold out of her size.

I can't complain too much, as I do just the same when I'm buying expensive things. Also, she knows me too well - she talked me into buying a more expensive DVD player than I was going to buy, because that way I won't want to buy another one. She's right

Old 20 December 2002, 08:31 AM
ChrisB

because that way I won't want to buy another one. She's right
Until next year at least
Old 20 December 2002, 08:39 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Past experience has told me that she'll see something, like it, try it on, like it, think "there might be something a little better out there" and trail round every shop only to back to the very first place... ...and find they've sold out of her size.
If I had a penny for every time this has happened with my wife.....

....I'd have £5.63.
Old 20 December 2002, 08:50 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

That's five pints and change for a dram where you're living now
Old 20 December 2002, 09:00 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hope so.
Old 20 December 2002, 09:04 AM
ChrisB

That's if you can get past the snow drift blocking the front door
Old 20 December 2002, 10:57 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

SB,
Ah, the ol buy a pressie for your girly syndrome. Guess it depends what you are shopping for. Popping into Ann Summers on your own does make you look like a big ol perv not that I've ever gone into one of their shops mind

I do know what you mean by this, and I still feel a little odd shopping, dunno why, can't explain it. But hey, most of the time I really enjoy it. Even like shopping for clothes! which is not good, as I could spend waaaaayyyy too much on clothes! And I am NOT female! Must say that was only a little bit fish out of water like this year wen shopping for pressies, but i'm not going to say what shop it was, cos I don't want to give anyone any ideas about possible pressies! girllies trying to find out what they have got can be very very sneaky lol

BEFORE you go shopping think what you'd like to get, an what shops would stock that kind of thing. Then you can go to the shopping center and make a beeline for those shops, and have a gander. This avoids looking at other shops and not having a clue what to get.

Oh, and remember the golden rule, girlies LOVE sparkly things, either a big sparkly thing, or lots and lots of little sparkly things. As long as it sparkles you're fine.
Old 20 December 2002, 11:01 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I must say that I don't do the 'waiting outside the shop' bit. Why? well, you might see what your girly wears and what is in her wardrobe, but for that 'inside info' you have to go shopping with her, see what she picks up and likes, this will give you invaluable insight on what to ger her pressie wise, or just as a little gift.

I must confess to being a bit addicted to IKEA. Love the place. Sad? possibly, but it's SWEDISH!
Old 20 December 2002, 11:15 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

I learned a few years ago to just buy the first thing that looks remotely reasonable - I used to shop around for ages and then go back to the first thing I saw anyway
Old 20 December 2002, 11:24 AM
MarkO
Scooby Regular

Cool

Popping into Ann Summers on your own does make you look like a big ol perv
In that case, check out www.figleaves.com - much better, and do it from the comfort of your own PC.

Oh, and re: sparkly things - they're definitely a good idea, but if it's sparkly and attached to a circular piece of gold, designed to go on a finger, be careful. Gifts like that can lead to extremely excessive expense in the future.
Old 20 December 2002, 11:28 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Just a warning if you order from figleaves. You'll get brochures of women in undies for years. Terrible, absolutley terrible...

With this in mind, you might not want to get stuff sent to your office address
Old 20 December 2002, 11:30 AM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

I quite enjoy shopping, but I hate it this time of year because of the lack of parking and crowds.
Luckily I did most of my pressy shopping in November :-)
Old 20 December 2002, 11:33 AM
chiark
Scooby Regular

It's the waiting on corners that does me in...

(oo err missus)
Old 20 December 2002, 07:46 PM
dnb
Scooby Regular

Just a warning if you order from figleaves. You'll get brochures of women in undies for years. Terrible, absolutley terrible...

With this in mind, you might not want to get stuff sent to your office address
Certainly not with my work's anti harassment policy - no "unsuitable pictures etc..." are alowed in the office now. Spoilsports!!

As for the shopping, I haven't a clue what to get Nic. Guess I'm leaving it a bit late now. I much prefer couch potato shopping on the net
Old 20 December 2002, 08:11 PM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

dont mind shopping.

unless itssobusy u take 30 mins to find aparking space then i'm pi**ed off b4 we start !

been several times past fewweeks with better ½.

its fun.

dont like tesco / sainsbury shopping though.

oh and deffo better to goto ann summers together, to stop the dodgy looks !
Old 20 December 2002, 11:18 PM
LEE P
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sorry i enjoy shopping too!

im better at shopping than our lass, and end up choosing her clothes for her somtimes, never take her shopping when im buying for myself as she hates everything i pick up, i just buy it and when we go out she says yuo look smart.

women dont want you to buy nice things coz it makes you more attractive to the opposite sex! and that can only be good!;D
Old 21 December 2002, 09:01 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Talking

Don't mind shopping, but I've managed to train Lyndsy to buy something the first time she sees it and likes it.
Please Nick, can I send Sal to you for some training? If Sal and her sister / mum get together they will be gone all day. How? Why?

We went shopping a few days back to get the last few Christmas pressies - we ended up spending and extra 2 hours while Sal did a bit of clothes shopping. 'You're getting bored I can tell' said Sal 'Me? nooooo'.... To top it all I got so bored, we actually forgot to go and get MY present!!

Chris
Old 21 December 2002, 09:08 AM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

Wink

I hate shopping with my girlfriend- there is one plus point though-one of the major stores (bon marche) here has a lounge area in the middle of it- nice big comfy sofas- and being france its right next to the lingerie section! Now I don't want to be accused of being a perv but, being france, the girls often come out into the shop wearing said lingerie- SACRE BLEU!!! My girlfriend cottoned on to this and now sticks me there every time we go- she then dissapears with my credit card! Still I guess it keeps us both happy. 8-)
Old 21 December 2002, 12:09 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Shopping, I cant stand it.....Why do people always seem to walk at you instead of towards you?

Daftest thing I uually see is people fighting over a parking space...sheer madness

Nath
Old 21 December 2002, 03:48 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

The current Budweiser advert with the anniversary cards sums the difference between us & women shopping pretty effectively, I laughed out loud at it & got the deep freeze treatment for rthe rest of the night
Old 21 December 2002, 09:01 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

I like shopping with Girl friends for things for them but hate shopping on my own or for stuff for me unless its Car or Hifi then i can spend ages. Well you have to listern/test ever possability don't you? Even though i am single i have been clothes shopping with some female friends which my mates just can't understand but i don't understand the problem if they want an opinon there i am.
Old 23 December 2002, 02:00 PM
Amanda-Jane
Scooby Regular

Talking

Oh, and remember the golden rule, girlies LOVE sparkly things, either a big sparkly thing, or lots and lots of little sparkly things. As long as it sparkles you're fine
Not this girlie!!

AJ

Quick Reply: Tell me I'm not the only guy...