Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

HI-FI question

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2002, 03:46 PM
Mr evolution
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anybody know how to rig up two amps to play music off one source. I have a musical fidelity amp with a pre amp out-put and a technics amp with an out-put that say's power amp direct Neither is a dedicated power amp. My plan was to run the musical fidelity as normal (bi wired to some B+W speakers) then connect from the pre amp out on the MF to the normal CD source on the technics and then run from the bass terminals of the technics to two Bose speakers to supply a bit more bass. My question is will this work or will it go bang. and does anybody know how I can get the MF amp (mutch better quality but no Bass treble split on the back) to play mid/treble on the B+W speakers (bi-wire able but only two cones on each speaker) while the lesser quality technics amp (which does have a bass treble split on the back) plays the bass.

The other option is to set it all up to have both amps playing through the B+W 's one doing bass one doing treble advice on this would be nice as well but I think this has turned into a post
that should only be seen on the what Hi-Fi website but if anybody reads it all a reply would be much appreciated.

Old 07 November 2002, 03:58 PM
S55 HOT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

You should be able to wire tha amps together using the Tape connections. Tape out of the primary amp into the tape in on the slave.