Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

2 Completely seperate questions:

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2002, 11:45 AM
cool-pt-fresh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. Do radar jammers set off radar detectors?
(I have occasionally noticed there are cares out there that always set of my detector when I drive close in traffic)

2. What would you do if you caught kids damaging your car?
Old 01 October 2002, 11:55 AM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Angry

It's a sad day when you can't defend your own property innit?!?! I've caught kids damaging my car before and threatened them with a kitchen knife. I was sooooooo annoyed. They didn't come back but they were obviously soft touches considering the area I live in. Had my tyres done the other week, only had the car for 3 days. Kids again. Little b@stards need a swift kicking once in a while. If I ever find out my kid has done anything like that i'll knock 8 buckets of sh*t outta him!
Old 01 October 2002, 12:00 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

Yeah, good on you. 12 stone+ bloke against a 10 year old. I'd break every bone in his body, that'd learn 'im.

More appropriately, I'd get evidence it was him, then I would march him around to his parents. He will say "I didn't do anything" and in parents eyes, he won't have done because he's their little angel. At this point, produce evidence and demand compensation before you start civil proceedings against the parents to put the damage right. The parents won't just ignore it if it's going to hurt their wallet, but beware that this may escalate into an all out war: they might see you as a priveleged turd for having an impreza and then it's not just the kids you've got to worry about...

If you touch that kid, you will find yourself on the wrong end of a lawsuit. Kids aren't stupid, they know how to play you and they know the law is on their side. Before you know it, your the area paedophile, or you've got a court case pending against you, or ...

Old 01 October 2002, 12:08 PM
bartman
Scooby Newbie

little *******....i've only had me valve caps nicked about 4 times so no need for me to go out like a knife weilding maniac,anyway should still go carefull as they might have a big brother!!!
Old 01 October 2002, 12:16 PM
cool-pt-fresh
Scooby Regular

What can you do?

Evidence is difficult to get unless you have cctv outside your house.

Marching them round to the parents house is fine, but if they try and run away and you grab em you'll probably get done for assault.

Maybe a little pain may teach em a lesson?
Get caught tho and you'll go down.

What else can you do? Follow em to find out where they live?
Then have a go at the parents? It's a little fairer if the father wants to fight. At least he'll be taking responsibility?
Old 01 October 2002, 12:27 PM
yoza
BANNED

Red face

Syphoned(spelling)petrol out of a blokes TR6 when I was a nipper:12-13 years old,to put in my field bike.He came out of his house and battered me,mostly body shots,but a real beating.

I never ever syphoned petrol again,so it works.

They were the good old days though
Old 01 October 2002, 12:28 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
All I can say is that any kids that touch my motor best not catch me when I've got PMT!!! The knife incident happened on a good day!!
Old 01 October 2002, 01:03 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

Depends on age the kids really.

Little **** at work got clever the other day! taught him a lesson took him 5mines to get off the floor after a little help from Mr Fist