Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ryan air Cheap Flights !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2002, 04:45 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryan air have an offer on at the mo for anyflights departing upto December for 1p + taxes.
Catch must be booked by mon 23/09

www.ryanair.com

Glasgow Free
Genoa Free
Eindhoven Free
Brussels Free
Derry Free
Milan Free
Brescia Free
St.Etienne Free
Newquay Free
Bologna Free
Shannon Free
Klagenfurt Free
Stockholm(VST) Free
Stockholm NYO Free
Nīmes Free
Dublin Free
Cork Free
Gothenburg Free
Frankfurt Free
Dinard Free
Kerry Free
Ancona Free
Turin Free
Malmö Free
Aarhus Free
Pescara Free
Montpellier Free
Alghero Free
Oslo Free
Friedrichshafen Free
Esbjerg Free
Trieste Free
Salzburg Free
Knock Free
Graz Free
Hamburg Free
Venice Free
Biarritz Free
Carcassonne Free
Rome Free
Pisa Free
Perpignan Free

[Edited by Krade - 9/20/2002 4:46:28 PM]
Old 20 September 2002, 08:39 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

Yep - and wait until something goes wrong - say, they lose your luggage....and tell you to get stuffed, it ain't our problem

No such thing as a free lunch, or flight......

[Edited by Dave T-S - 9/20/2002 8:40:30 PM]
Old 20 September 2002, 08:42 PM
scooby_xt_turbo
Scooby Regular

Did you know that Ryan-Air was voted Europe's WORST airline company???????????????? Thanks but i'll stick To BA and Olympic Airways.
Old 20 September 2002, 08:48 PM
ScoobyTal
Scooby Regular

but its plus tax and only one way
Old 20 September 2002, 09:14 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Dave... lose your luggage... as if that's the worst thing that could happen right ? (not a dig, I agree with you)

What about the first time one of these planes falls from the sky ?

As adults, I guess we all know they can service these aircrafts for 1 UKP per person.

You couldn't even find a dodgy Subaru dealer doing the same for your car, and even if so, would you trust them ?

I am not an expert on aircrafts, but it just doesn't make sense.
Any idea how expensive it is to keep these things "roadworthy" ?

Sure, I know they land in crazy places, and get lots of subsidizing etc (i.e., our money), but come on...

For example... Brussels ? Nope, make that Charleroi... (called Brussels South now ?)

We are a naive bunch sometimes.
Old 20 September 2002, 09:41 PM
bug-eyed wonder
Scooby Regular

I flew Dublin to Stanstead to Frankfurt (ish) and back for the German rally for £40 all in. No problems at all,maybe I was lucky.
Old 20 September 2002, 10:08 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

I used RyanAir last year to fly Leeds Bradford to Dublin. Couldn't fault 'em - top service, very well organised and plane was on time both ways. It cost £5 + taxes return
Old 20 September 2002, 10:33 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

I just returned from Brussels Carleroi..... excellent service.

the plane looked brand new, inside and out.
Old 20 September 2002, 10:38 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

...so i pulled up outside the departures lounge (two wheels on the pavement) in my fat Jag, expecting the courtesy parking chaps to collect my car - but they were nowhere to be seen. Thus i left my motor where it was and proceeded onwards.

Arriving at the check-in desk several minutes after gate closure i was told that i had missed my flight. OK, i had been in the bar for the 30 previous minutes drinking G&Ts like there was no tomorrow, but the attitude of the staff when i started swearing at them was disgraceful.

What is this country coming to, when you pay a ridiculous NOTHING (plus a tip to Tony B.Lair) to get to pretty much anywhere in europe. They didn't even have champagne on the plane!

FFS - GET A GRIP!!!!

RyanAir may not be the most luxurious airline, but they are almost certainly better than your local bus service (safer, more prompt, follow regulations etc.) - and they are currently offering flights for NOWT, ZILCH, ZERO, NOTHING, plus the rip-off cut for the government.

If you don't think that *free* is good enough, then DON'T GO!!

If you want to see trash airlines, go to America (the land of the free) and see what "consumer pressure" has created!!

RyanAir, easyJet/Go, Bmibaby etc are not compulsary, but beat the trains by a mile!!

mb
Old 20 September 2002, 10:57 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its "free" cos you will be flying it as the pilots are too shagged from "illegally" long flying hours.
What an ambassador that arrogant **** of an owner is. He really has your best interests at heart.
I'll be avoiding them like the plague depite the "good offers"
Old 21 September 2002, 08:45 AM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Theo

Good point. I'd rather have Ryanair lose our skis for 12 days (which they did) than deposit Carolyn and I somewhere in the English Channel......

On the skis point, Michael O'Leary says that he doesn't want passengers to carry skis - they are an inconvenience - his words...

My whole point is that Ryanair are fine when it all goes ok, but when it doesn't, you are on your own. You get what you pay for, and if you pay nothing for your flight that's what you are going to get in return if it all goes wrong.

You also suffer in other ways - there are currently BIG problems with baggage reclaim at Stansted - you might wait 1 hour for your luggage at the belt and then miss the last train to London - happens every day.....and why does it take so long to reclaim baggage at STN with Ryanair when you can pick it up from KLM UK in 15 minutes? Simple - Ryanair will only employ one baggage handling crew to save money instead of two like other airlines, and because their planes are on an impossible 20 minute turnaround, the baggage crew have to unload the incoming baggage first, leave it on the apron whilst they are loading the departing baggage, and only when the plane is loaded and turned around do they take the incoming baggage to the terminal.....

Burr
Re planes, you were probably lucky and got one of the newer 737-800's. It is also a fact that FR operate some of the oldest 737-200's in existence......believe me, i've been on them often enough, and they also fly over our house on approach to STN all day.....

In general, Ryanair continues to attract more criticism and controversy than probably most of the other LCO airlines put together.

It is worth seeing what is said about Ryanair within the industry - the current topic is pilot hours - a rather serious subject - as reported here:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...threadid=54413
Old 21 September 2002, 08:47 PM
Krade
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Shesh!!!!!!!!!
Didnt think people would react this way, wont bother nexttime
Old 21 September 2002, 09:02 PM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Standards of scooby owners is getting lower.........
Old 21 September 2002, 10:59 PM
King RA
BANNED

I flew to Aarhus in Denmark with Ryanair and could not fault them in any way. Stansted is a much nicer airport to fly out of than Heathrow and Gatwick as well, I find the queues are much smaller and the airport alot nicer. I've flown AA, United, BA e.t.c and to me a planes a plane, be it a Ryanair or whatever. I just want to get where I'm going for the best price and that is what all these "cheapy" airlines are about. Good on 'em I say,
Old 22 September 2002, 02:12 AM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Question

My friend is an aeronaughtical engineer now working for Crossair in Switzerland. I'm sure I remember him saying that all planes had to have c checks carried out regualy? I'm unsure but will ask him, next time I talk to him.
Old 22 September 2002, 05:23 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Krade
I wasn't having a go at you. Just saying that you get nothing for nothing, there are a lot of downsides to using Ryanair, and all smells of roses until something goes wrong. They will then dump you double quick. If you miss the last train to London due to waiting at baggage reclaim at STN for an hour they will just shrug their shoulders, say they are a point to point airline and that isn't their problem, and leave you with either a night sleeping on a terminal seat or an £60 to £80 cab fare to London. Not such a cheap flight then.....

Anybody that flies with them needs to be aware that there is a big potential downside as well as an upside. Provided people are aware of that up front and are prepared to run that risk with their eyes open, fine.

It's a bit like a reverse lottery. Most people are fine and come out winners. The minority are losers and then have nothing but hassle.

As for Stansted being a nice quiet airport to fly from, that used to be true but isn't any more. The place is creaking at the seams and often cannot cope with the current passenger throughput - there can be hour long queues to get through security (but despite this some reporters recently got airside on a false pass - would you believe in the name of one of the alleged WTC bombers).

The short term car parks are often full, and as previously stated it can sometimes take an hour to collect baggage from reclaim, the trains are a disgrace and are frequently two or three hours late and frequently stop before the last flights come in if they/baggage is delayed. Also, there are nightmare roadworks on the M11 at the airport junction if you come by road.

This is with current passenger numbers of 15m per year - Uttlesford District Council has only last week allowed the expansion plans from 15 million pasengers per annum to 25 mppa to go through - it will get worse before it gets better.

Oh, and i'm not dreaming this up - I use the train from the airport into London every day, and go through the terminal every day........

Edited to say I forgot to mention that on top of all that on Sundays (STN's busiest day of the week) for the next 18 MONTHS the trains will be replaced by a bus service that will take up to an extra hour for the journey. Will anybody bother to tell you that when you book your flight? Hmmmm.........

[Edited by Dave T-S - 9/22/2002 5:54:17 PM]
Old 22 September 2002, 07:30 PM
Houlbt
Scooby Regular

Developed into an interesting thread....

Only used RyanAir once, Stanstaed to Frankfurt when I went to get my car. (BMW E30-M3)

Yes, the flights were cheap, I only had hand luggage (good thing by the sounds of it) and everything ran on time... I would use them again but I have learnt my lesson about checking exactly where you are flying to/from.

What I thought was my destination airport Frankfurt main airport... where I had train tickets pre-booked to Nueremberg... was not the case. RyanAir fly to Frankfurt-Hahn which is 100kms (yep 100!!!!) from the airport where my train was departing from in about half an hour.

So... an hour and a bit on a coach...standing an extra unforseen cost... got me to Frankfurt-Main in time to wait 2.5 hrs for the next train.