Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Will Trump Bottle It?

Search this Thread

Old 15 October 2016, 11:09 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Will Trump Bottle It?

I doubt it but it must have dawned on him that the election will bring a humiliating defeat. He's such an arrogant sod it wouldn't totally surprise me if he pulled out with a grand gesture blaming the media and those silly women who don't like being manhandled.

I almost feel sorry for the US having to vote for the two worst candidates in their short history.

Any views? David
Old 15 October 2016, 12:08 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

TBH, once that conversation made the media, you just knew more women would come forward stating that he groped them, even if he did or didn't.

Would be easy for the Clinton campaign to roll out a few women to say he groped them.

To vote for Clinton is to vote for the same sh!te.
To vote for Trump is to vote for something different. Quite what difference he would make, is anyone guess.

However, I have always thought that voting in a Business man (or woman) into power, either here or elsewhere may not be such a bad thing. We have our countries ran by career Politicians who've never had a proper job in their lives. If a Business person ran the country like a Business, then maybe decisions would be based on what's best for the country, and not what's best for politics.

I do think that Clinton is going to win the election now though. They'll (Clinton's camp) will just hammer the groping thing to death now.
Old 15 October 2016, 12:34 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Apparently he's pulled out of spending on more campaigning in couple states.

I don't think we'll ever get to hear if he had any solid polices
Old 15 October 2016, 02:02 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Both are shyte. Both have shyte characters. Both are located underground, if we consider the normal level moral grounds as the bench mark. Not above, not the lowest level, but underground. But, when you round up their competencies, Trump is worse between the two. That's because not just due to his moral character being shyte, his brain is also as little as a pea. Imagine him discussing foreign policies with other countries on a round table. Imagine him using diplomacy to make America's international relations better. His supporters like him and applaud him for him being flippant, and this flippancy gets called as his fantastically brutal and colourful honesty. Being flippant like he is, the sort of 'honesty' and 'colours' he demonstrates, is a gutter level common man's trait, not of a country leader. The guy has no self-control, not enough intelligence and a very little knowledge/intellect; nor does he have the wealth of experience to be America's next president. Whereas Clinton, with all her serious flaws, at least has some professional experience to hold the fabric together. So, where these two shytsters are the only two in the market, Clinton is more buy-able.

I wish they had someone better in the market. Then Americans would have had the opportunity to buy comparatively better shyte to what these two are selling.
Old 16 October 2016, 09:10 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Both are shyte. Both have shyte characters. Both are located underground, if we consider the normal level moral grounds as the bench mark. Not above, not the lowest level, but underground. But, when you round up their competencies, Trump is worse between the two. That's because not just due to his moral character being shyte, his brain is also as little as a pea. Imagine him discussing foreign policies with other countries on a round table. Imagine him using diplomacy to make America's international relations better. His supporters like him and applaud him for him being flippant, and this flippancy gets called as his fantastically brutal and colourful honesty. Being flippant like he is, the sort of 'honesty' and 'colours' he demonstrates, is a gutter level common man's trait, not of a country leader. The guy has no self-control, not enough intelligence and a very little knowledge/intellect; nor does he have the wealth of experience to be America's next president. Whereas Clinton, with all her serious flaws, at least has some professional experience to hold the fabric together. So, where these two shytsters are the only two in the market, Clinton is more buy-able.

I wish they had someone better in the market. Then Americans would have had the opportunity to buy comparatively better shyte to what these two are selling.

I agree with everything you said, I would only add that I believe the Commander in Chief of the US should have served in the military and not "dodged " the draft like Trump did .
Mitt Romney , George W Bush and Bill Clinton all avoided the American draft.
Old 16 October 2016, 07:10 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

I see trumps taken Mr conspiracy Alex Jones onbpoard
Old 16 October 2016, 07:14 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

He has also started the "stolen victory" "stabbed in the back" meme

So beloved of fascist and demagogues everywhere
Old 17 October 2016, 01:47 AM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

He's been banging on about a 'rigged by the media' campaign. Either he will bail and say that he felt it was impossible with the media making him out to be a demon (although he really is a festering pile of **** of a human being), or he will lose and not do the concede thing but instead say that it was all rigged and have a big sulk.

Watching SNL has been hilarious, with all the Trump jokes, and he hates it!

Either way he'll use the negative press that he has generated, to spin a sh1tty web of lies.
Old 17 October 2016, 09:33 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He'll fight to the bitter end, and its likely to be a bitter end
Old 17 October 2016, 10:33 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobJenks
I agree with everything you said, I would only add that I believe the Commander in Chief of the US should have served in the military and not "dodged " the draft like Trump did .
Mitt Romney , George W Bush and Bill Clinton all avoided the American draft.
Yes, I heard Jeremy Paxman interviewed on this on my car radio this morning. He has same views as mine.

Trump is an imbecile.

Nichola Sturgeon was asked on the TV last night; whether she'd want Trump to become the America's next president because he has Scottish blood running through his veins, and he funds many Scottish golf clubs. She was good with saying straight and flat out 'NO' to that. She said that business (like Trump's investment in Scottish golf courses) is different to the politics. I like Nicola Strutgeon for being reasonable. Not just due to her NO from Trump, but generally, she seems to have the clarity and she doesn't evade questions by talking inane, wordy shyte; like other politicians do.

Anyway, back to Trump, I hope his big ego (due to his big pocket) gets punctured even further.
Old 17 October 2016, 11:31 AM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Queen Nicola is in the opinion of many an opportunist who is presiding over growth in Scotland at a third of the rate of the UK. She is damaging relations with the trading partner with whom we do quadruple the trade than with the EU. I'm not sure why the UK don't just dump Scotland TBH.

Not that I prefer Donald or Hillary.

Although I would probably think more republican than democrat, I find Obama very impressive.

What a choice the US electorate now have!

Last edited by john banks; 17 October 2016 at 11:35 AM.
Old 17 October 2016, 11:46 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

We don't have the opportunity to dump Scotland !
Old 17 October 2016, 12:19 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by john banks
Queen Nicola is in the opinion of many an opportunist who is presiding over growth in Scotland at a third of the rate of the UK. She is damaging relations with the trading partner with whom we do quadruple the trade than with the EU. I'm not sure why the UK don't just dump Scotland TBH.

Not that I prefer Donald or Hillary.
Yes, I know. Not everything is great inside Nicola's mind, by the hear of it.

Although I would probably think more republican than democrat, I find Obama very impressive.

What a choice the US electorate now have!
Well, Obama looks impressive with the air he carries around him. If you analyse his performance over his leadership years, he has been a weakling tbh. Just 'I iz da first black, and perhaps the only ever black P of America; with a bouncy walk and arrogant talk ' doesn't cut it. I know that's not what you're saying. You've never said that Obama is impressive becoz he'z black and walks the walk. I'm just saying, like.

I agree that Obama is still way better then both Clinton and Trump put together. Definitely. To be more real, one can't even compare his graciousness to these two crooks.

Disclaimer: I'm not implying that any president should walk like a loser, with his whole body crunched up and head down. I think they need to walk with their head held high as the country's top most leaders, but they need to talk the talk in the sense that they walk their talk. They should say what they mean and do what they say, and that's what I mean.

Talking of walking, Alan Carr Chatty Man on JR Show did Theresa May's signature walk quite well. I was doubling myself with laughter at that, because it was so out of the context i.e. while learning dancing steps from the Darcey lady.

Last edited by Turbohot; 17 October 2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 17 October 2016, 12:54 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

IMO Obama is a class act head and shoulders above anyone from the last 20 years in US politics - his wife is even better !!!

the worry I would have for America is that after 8 years of his leadership - it still looks like a basket case

Hillary does come over as a very polished establishment figure / politician

and in some senses is not a very sympathetic character

But I believe the Clintons have been the subject of a bitter hate campaign by the right wing republicans, that started in the early 90's

for some reason they seem to have a irrational hatred of them
Old 17 October 2016, 01:01 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
IMO Obama is a class act head and shoulders above anyone from the last 20 years in US politics - his wife is even better !!!

the worry I would have for America is that after 8 years of his leadership - it still looks like a basket case

But I believe the Clintons have been the subject of a bitter hate campaign by the right wing republicans, that started in the early 90's

Agreed.
Old 17 October 2016, 01:43 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

I like Obama - the fact he tried to change the frankly fcuked up healthcare system there is good enough for me - something like 8 out of 10 bankruptcies in good ol USA is from insane medical bills - its the land of the free - just don't dare get ill!

The 'murcicans hatred of Obama for trying to change this fcucked up healthcare system is totally irrational

Most yanks hate Obama, yet most europeans think he's great! Weird vibes huh!

And don't even get me started on Gun Control!! He has a voice on that too - or tries to!

Last edited by Dr Hu; 17 October 2016 at 01:45 PM.
Old 17 October 2016, 02:12 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Yes, HC is polished; despite some pretty objectionable muck underneath, whereas Trump is a synonym for turd; from above and underneath. He's a cheaper-than-chips idiot with his repulsive looks and shyte character.
Old 17 October 2016, 02:19 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

despite some pretty objectionable muck underneath, .
and what exactly is that?
Old 17 October 2016, 03:05 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

and what exactly is that?

Exhibit 1: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-own-standards
Old 17 October 2016, 03:13 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Exhibit 2: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7362861.html

I don't care what Trump says and wants, I'm sure any normal person/voter out there would raise the same questions.

These are just two exhibits within a common man's (or woman's) instant reach on tinterbet. Not to forget her questionable stance against her own boss in past. The boss who you like i.e. Mister Obama.
Old 17 October 2016, 03:20 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

This one as well; as a round up>

I'll call it Exhibit 3: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-her-unpopular
Old 17 October 2016, 03:52 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

so this is basically an examination of their marital relationship and the fact that she stood by her husband

OK - well plenty of people behave like that

the flip side would be that she abandoned him

but fine not very edifying - but hardly earth shattering tbh

more like continued tabloid tittle tattle
Old 17 October 2016, 03:54 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

so this is basically an examination of their marital relationship and the fact that she stood by her husband

OK - well plenty of people behave like that

the flip side would be that she abandoned him

but fine not very edifying - but hardly earth shattering tbh

more like continued tabloid tittle tattle
Ok.
Old 17 October 2016, 03:55 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Exhibit 2: http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7362861.html

I don't care what Trump says and wants, I'm sure any normal person/voter out there would raise the same questions.

These are just two exhibits within a common man's (or woman's) instant reach on tinterbet. Not to forget her questionable stance against her own boss in past. The boss who you like i.e. Mister Obama.
from the article you link to

"As yet there’s been no smoking gun, a jaw-dropping revelation to upstage even what’s been happening with the opposition, though there still might be: WikiLeaks has probably got enough stuff to keep the pot bubbling right up to 8 November. Meantime, there’s already plenty that would be pretty embarrassing, in a normal campaign against a normal opponent."

so sort of nothing to see here - yet
Old 17 October 2016, 04:08 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

This one as well; as a round up>

I'll call it Exhibit 3: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...-her-unpopular
this one just seem are-hash of earlier reasons

but I am not saying she is perfect, and she does come over a bit secretive etc

the email server was a mistake - she has admitted that

but lets not forget we have a Trade Secretary - Liam Fox, that had to resign from government in abject disgrace because he had a totally inappropriate relationship with a character called Adam Werritty

the former Defence Secretary Liam Fox allowed a friend with no connection to government attend official Government meetings with foreign dignitaries and potential hawk is personal business interests
Old 17 October 2016, 04:37 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Hodgy, those links flag up some reasons why a lot of American voters have a problem with her, and why I would see her as more imperfect than just slightly imperfect.

Regarding 1st exhibit, You say in your #22- well plenty of people behave like that. Ok, but again, we're talking America's next president, who should be reaching the bar as high as set by someone like Obama; who you like. Do you think her behaviour in that said context does that? I don't think so.

You also dismiss the 2nd exhibit. Fine. You're entitled to your dismissal.

You take slight note of the 3rd one and say that she has admitted it. Her admission doesn't make her act of deleting those emails all right. Her admission doesn't make her deleted emails public. Many American people don't see it just as her being a 'bit secretive', but more corrupt than you think it is.

So, yes, she may be polished from top, but she has some blemishes underneath that make her only a few points ahead that trollop Trump. If it were some other experienced person with a cleaner moral grounds record and more integrity, Trump wouldn't have been able to do as well as he has done; against HC.
Old 17 October 2016, 04:37 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Clinton is as bad as any politician but a massively more strong candidate than Trump (then again that's what the idiot Trump supporters are saying!). Most of the hate against her seems to be conspiritard guff (and forget the emails, most of the senate and politicians in general do exactly the same as she did, allegedly).

Trump, however, is dangerous. He is not a successful businessman, he is an awful speaker, he is constantly effing up and has no idea what a decent policy is and is constantlyusing things that divide and create hate amongst the common people in order to create a following.

Obama has been amazing as a POTUS and has defied senate on matters that really would help the country. Most of the haters are weirdo anti communist and anti Muslim people, constantly saying he was not born in the US and he is somehow a supporter of ISIS. He ain't been perfect but he's been one of the best presidents.

I'd also say Bill Clinton was pretty good, actually. But then that's a whole other conversation.
Old 17 October 2016, 05:21 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

You also dismiss the 2nd exhibit. Fine. You're entitled to your dismissal.

HC.
I did not dismiss Exhibit 2 - I quoted from the article

in reality strip away all the huffing and puffing and simply "nothing to see here"

because if you think about - they stole all her emails

what have they actually released? nothing really - maybe, just maybe that is because there is nothing really there

sure a bit of tittle tattle, people being mean and nasty about each other in private emails - wow!!!!! who knew

that's basically what the article says

in fact to me it actually reinforces that they have really got j4ck **** on her

do a thought experiment - pick any world figure, pick any powerful / famous person

then steal all their private emails - would you be able to fill a newspaper front page with few "revelations"

my null hypothesis would be that if you told me you have managed to get ALL the emails of a world figure and they contained nothing of interest - I would not believe you

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 17 October 2016 at 05:24 PM.
Old 17 October 2016, 05:36 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Not like getting caught with dead girl or live boy !
Old 17 October 2016, 10:35 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I did not dismiss Exhibit 2 - I quoted from the article

in reality strip away all the huffing and puffing and simply "nothing to see here"

because if you think about - they stole all her emails

what have they actually released? nothing really - maybe, just maybe that is because there is nothing really there

sure a bit of tittle tattle, people being mean and nasty about each other in private emails - wow!!!!! who knew

that's basically what the article says

in fact to me it actually reinforces that they have really got j4ck **** on her

do a thought experiment - pick any world figure, pick any powerful / famous person

then steal all their private emails - would you be able to fill a newspaper front page with few "revelations"

my null hypothesis would be that if you told me you have managed to get ALL the emails of a world figure and they contained nothing of interest - I would not believe you
I wouldn't dispute any of that. Good post.

But In your previous message, you say:

this one just seem are-hash of earlier reasons

but I am not saying she is perfect, and she does come over a bit secretive etc

the email server was a mistake - she has admitted that

but lets not forget we have a Trade Secretary - Liam Fox, that had to resign from government in abject disgrace because he had a totally inappropriate relationship with a character called Adam Werritty

the former Defence Secretary Liam Fox allowed a friend with no connection to government attend official Government meetings with foreign dignitaries and potential hawk is personal business interests
HC as 'bit secretive' and her 'admission' to her 'mistake' doesn't show her under some great light yet there seems to be 'something to see', as opposed to 'nothing to see'. Not weighty enough for you, but it is; to the ones who dislike her, I suppose. Perhaps they are just looking for something to slate her. Perhaps they're just prejudiced/jealous of her? God knows.

I get that you're putting the onus on the investigative and blaming parties, but their 'nothing to show' doesn't remove the fact for her haters that Hilary would have had 'something to hide'. Otherwise, she wouldn't have deleted her emails. Perhaps she mass deleted them because they were just her eBay purchase emails or something. Who knows.

Regarding her standing by her dodgy husband, many Americans don't seem to write it off with 'many would behave like that' and 'hardly earth shattering'. Standing by and supporting a sexual criminal predator of a husband is wrong, even for a faithful, long standing wife. She's not some Ched Evan's girlfriend who no one knows. Clinton is an American presidency candidate! Anyway, any of that 'many would behave like that'' aren't eligible to pick on a predator Trump with some holier-than-thou shyte thus pretending to save all the women of this earth from Trump's mysogyny. That 'any' of 'many' will be grilled and disliked by many others for her hypocrisy and be considered not as fit for the post; if not completely unfit as Trump.

Like I said about Trump, his acts are of a gutter level commoner, not of a potential American president. In the same way, no matter how how polished Mrs. Clinton comes across, her support for her dodgy husband is also an act of a gutter level commoner, not of a person who should be a president of America; in many Americans' eyes.

The competencies that make HC a better candidate than her rival are her in-depth political knowledge and long term political experience. Perhaps she is more educated than that fluffy haired pillock hence much better with her big words, her composure and with masking the blemishes and leaving 'nothing to see' behind? Who knows! Americans seem to know, though.

Many Americans (including Trump) on TV say that HC is a liar. So what. Big deal! Who doesn't lie? Everyone does, hardly earth shattering, is it? Everyone might as well stand for the American Presidency. Nothing to see. Have a ***, go for a walk. Case might as well be closed.

Anyway, I do get why a lot of Americans grade Clinton as 'crap' and Trump as the 'crappest'.

Last edited by Turbohot; 17 October 2016 at 11:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Will Trump Bottle It?