Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Virtual Reality

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2016, 10:21 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Virtual Reality

Do you use this concept to promote your business or have you considered doing so? David
Old 09 August 2016, 05:31 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Yet another of my popular posts attracting zero interest

So let me explain why I was asking, bearing in mind technology has largely passed me by.

My boy came to see me yesterday and he had a Virtual Reality headset operated using a Samsung phone. I was pretty impressed although I gather the picture quality would have been better using a computer but it would need a physical connection and the computer would be expensive with a top of the range graphics card. I appreciate that it is early days for VR development and now mostly used by rich kids for gaming although the concept is used in the medical profession.

But it immediately struck me that there are a number of commercial applications but I don't know if these have caught on yet - that was really the point of my question. Let me give 2 examples. 1) An upmarket Estate Agent in London may have a client who wants a million quid property investment but is too busy to traipse around town to see a dozen or more properties or even fancies a country mansion but not sure where. So if the Agent had a decent VR system the client could view the properties through the headset at the agents or even at home and with sound and get a very fair idea of the properties which would be much more realistic than photos or even a 2-D video. The Agent could offer sellers the option of having their properties included (at a premium of course). 2) As previous example but for a quality travel agent who could show a prospective client a selection of 3-D films for expensive holiday destinations. The opportunities are endless. My guess is that most Estate Agents and Travel firms know sod all about computers so I think there is a market for someone who does to offer a start-up and support package say £5,000 for the basic kit and advice and then a monthly retainer.

What do you think?

David
Old 12 August 2016, 10:10 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...t-lets-7698685

The only virtual reality most men are seriously interested in.
Old 12 August 2016, 04:58 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stilover
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...t-lets-7698685

The only virtual reality most men are seriously interested in.

Well thanks you so much for that very helpful response. Brave of you to admit to using this exciting bit of kit. I am sure it's a turn on for your g/f as well when she arrives. I am told the gay version is also pretty good, ecstasy with your face buried in a pillow. Do let us know how you found it.

d
Old 12 August 2016, 05:15 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by David Lock
Well thanks you so much for that very helpful response. Brave of you to admit to using this exciting bit of kit. I am sure it's a turn on for your g/f as well when she arrives. I am told the gay version is also pretty good, ecstasy with your face buried in a pillow. Do let us know how you found it.

d
Ouch!
The estate agent and travel are a great idea for VR,you could even go on holiday to Mars
The sexy time VR booth would make you more money tho
Old 12 August 2016, 05:56 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ossett2k2
Ouch!
The estate agent and travel are a great idea for VR,you could even go on holiday to Mars
The sexy time VR booth would make you more money tho

Hadn't thought about space travel And I think for Mars I'd rather use VR than the real thing - at least there is a chance I could get home. Perhaps we could put together a VR experience called Peake Travel

The booth sounds all a bit too messy for me.

David
Old 12 August 2016, 06:33 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

d
Posts a thread with no responses. (maybe its a boring subject)

Posts a post on said thread complaining that no one has responded. (adding fuel to the fire, that maybe its a boring thread)

I (Out of the kindness of my own heart) respond to make you feel better about yourself and to maybe get the ball rolling for you.

Duly another member then responds, making your thread seam less boring than what it originally appeared to be.

You should be thanking me, not criticising. Some folk

PS,
This is Scoobynet. What did you expect? Sensible responses?

Old 12 August 2016, 08:08 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

PS,
This is Scoobynet. What did you expect? Sensible responses?

Of course not - that's why you didn't get one

D

PS. And don't forget to change the batteries
Old 12 August 2016, 09:47 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Yet another of my popular posts attracting zero interest

NOW THATS FUNNY...!

So let me explain why I was asking, bearing in mind technology has largely passed me by.

My boy came to see me yesterday and he had a Virtual Reality headset operated using a Samsung phone. I was pretty impressed although I gather the picture quality would have been better using a computer but it would need a physical connection and the computer would be expensive with a top of the range graphics card. I appreciate that it is early days for VR development and now mostly used by rich kids for gaming although the concept is used in the medical profession.

But it immediately struck me that there are a number of commercial applications but I don't know if these have caught on yet - that was really the point of my question. Let me give 2 examples. 1) An upmarket Estate Agent in London may have a client who wants a million quid property investment but is too busy to traipse around town to see a dozen or more properties or even fancies a country mansion but not sure where. So if the Agent had a decent VR system the client could view the properties through the headset at the agents or even at home and with sound and get a very fair idea of the properties which would be much more realistic than photos or even a 2-D video. The Agent could offer sellers the option of having their properties included (at a premium of course). 2) As previous example but for a quality travel agent who could show a prospective client a selection of 3-D films for expensive holiday destinations. The opportunities are endless. My guess is that most Estate Agents and Travel firms know sod all about computers so I think there is a market for someone who does to offer a start-up and support package say £5,000 for the basic kit and advice and then a monthly retainer.

What do you think?

David
GO FOR IT...
They do use 360 degree videos for showing properties via the Estate agents website already but hey the holiday one could work...
But unfortunately .....Im Out..!