Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

30 million child abuse images

Old 29 July 2016, 06:14 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 30 million child abuse images

WTF is wrong with people?
500+ children found to have been abused and tens of millions of images have been discovered in just 6 weeks of an ongoing investigation into child abuse in Scotland.
This isn't a few 'oddball' fetishists that you can denounce as preverts and lock up for a few years. This is a major epidemic amongst the (mostly) male population of this country who are actively pursuing the development of child sexual abuse.
It's a pretty desperate situation when one computer is found to have 10 million images of child from the age of 3 upwards being subjected to abuse to satisfy the depraved cravings of sick minds.
Why is it so widespread? These people are walking amongst us and they appear to have no shame.
I'm speechless.
Old 29 July 2016, 07:08 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Needs tattooing on there foreheads for all to see , dirty ***** .
Charlie Chester child molester .
Country is far to soft on crimes like this
Old 29 July 2016, 11:51 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Blue by You
WTF is wrong with people?
500+ children found to have been abused and tens of millions of images have been discovered in just 6 weeks of an ongoing investigation into child abuse in Scotland.
This isn't a few 'oddball' fetishists that you can denounce as preverts and lock up for a few years. This is a major epidemic amongst the (mostly) male population of this country who are actively pursuing the development of child sexual abuse.
It's a pretty desperate situation when one computer is found to have 10 million images of child from the age of 3 upwards being subjected to abuse to satisfy the depraved cravings of sick minds.
Why is it so widespread? These people are walking amongst us and they appear to have no shame.
I'm speechless.
It's pretty desperate isn't it.

Words fail you because there are no words.
Old 30 July 2016, 08:33 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take away the content for a second .. do any of you have millions of **** photos on your PC? no? 1000's? unlikely .. maybe at push you have some in the internet history, this is the bit that perplexes me, why is it that people who like child **** have to have huge amounts of photos and videos?

That's not a sexual interest in children, that's a desire to see as many children as possible hurt and abused for their own sexual desires.
Old 30 July 2016, 08:53 AM
RAGGY DOO
Scooby Regular

Received 108 Likes on 72 Posts

String the ****ers up da the ***** and whip them with barbed wire
Old 30 July 2016, 09:37 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

If there are people out there who manage to convince themselves (or be convinced) it's the right thing to do to drive a lorry through a crowd and mow down dozens of innocent people, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise there are also people out there who will do this kind of stuff. Sad but tragic truth.
Old 30 July 2016, 09:55 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
If there are people out there who manage to convince themselves (or be convinced) it's the right thing to do to drive a lorry through a crowd and mow down dozens of innocent people, it shouldn't be that much of a surprise there are also people out there who will do this kind of stuff. Sad but tragic truth.

It's the number of them though .. it's almost mainstream ffs
Old 30 July 2016, 10:00 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Quite a different thing in my book, terrorist murder compared to child abuse.
Each has tragic consequences for the victims and their families.
However one is supposedly justified by a cause. Nelson Mandela was a terrorist in the eyes of those he sought to overcome, but the cause was just.
The other is purely for personal or financial gain. Never will there be any justification for the suffering of innocents for those goals.
Old 30 July 2016, 10:03 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Yeah, spot on.
This was the main point of my post. What is going on in society in a supposedly civilised country that we have such a (seemingly) endless stream of child molesters cropping up in the news every few weeks?
If it's not everyday members of the public, it's preists or teachers or doctors or celebs, all kiddy fiddling.
Dirty worthless scum.
Old 30 July 2016, 10:08 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

83 out of a population of 5.5 milion? I think it's pushing it a bit to call that mainstream. Pro rata, it's very close to the numbers who've gone to Syria from the UK to fight for IS. Obviously any amount is too many though.
Old 30 July 2016, 10:13 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

83 out of a population of 5.5 milion? I think it's pushing it a bit to call that mainstream. Pro rata, it's very close to the numbers who've gone to Syria from the UK to fight for IS. Obviously any amount is too many though.
That's just the latest crop of abusers to be caught.
Not saying it's 1 in 10 or anything like that, but for anyone to accummulate 10 million images of any one thing, let alone images of this kind of thing, would seem to imply there are many more people involved in the production and supply chain.
Old 30 July 2016, 10:23 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Quite a different thing in my book, terrorist murder compared to child abuse.
Each has tragic consequences for the victims and their families.
However one is supposedly justified by a cause. Nelson Mandela was a terrorist in the eyes of those he sought to overcome, but the cause was just.
The other is purely for personal or financial gain. Never will there be any justification for the suffering of innocents for those goals.
Where did I try to say they were the same thing? The point I was making is that the human mind seems to have an almost infinite capacity to think up the weirdest nonsense (the fact someone actually went to the bother of making a sequel of "Human Centipede" should be proof enough of that). Most of the time, the more extreme end of it thankfully stays safely locked-up inside the person's head who thought of it, and never causes anyone any harm. The problem comes with that small fraction of a percent who act it out, whether that be by blowing up tube-trains packed full of passengers, abducting and murdering scores of defenceless young women, or abusing young kids. Whatever the motivation, the people behind all of those things have managed to convince themselves that their special aims in life take priority over the rest of society, regardless of the harm they'll have to inflict on others to achieve them.
Old 30 July 2016, 10:28 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

That's just the latest crop of abusers to be caught.
Not saying it's 1 in 10 or anything like that, but for anyone to accummulate 10 million images of any one thing, let alone images of this kind of thing, would seem to imply there are many more people involved in the production and supply chain.
You could be right, but I suspect a big part of that is in fact down to the general obssessive-collector type mentality of the people involved. It wouldn't surprise me if easily 90% of those images have been shared around from one group of paedos to the next almost since the very start of the internet. Again though, any amount is too much.
Old 30 July 2016, 10:40 AM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Where did I try to say they were the same thing?
I didn't mean to imply you were drawing a direct parallel of consequence between the two, sorry if you thought that. I was trying to explore the differences between the mentality that exists when committing a terrorist act when it's for a political or secular end, and committing depraved acts on minors for personal benefit.

You could be right, but I suspect a big part of that is in fact down to the general obssessive-collector type mentality of the people involved. It wouldn't surprise me if easily 90% of those images have been shared around from one group of paedos to the next almost since the very start of the internet. Again though, any amount is too much.
Even for an avid or obsessive collector the numbers are staggering.
How many people can genuinely contemplate the reality of having 10 million of anything? I can't? I know £10 million would buy a very nice house, but I really can't imagine the sheer enormity of having a pile of 10 million £1 coins.
This is what I'm struggling with, the generation of so much material by, and for, a really small percentage of the population.

Last edited by Blue by You; 30 July 2016 at 10:42 AM.
Old 30 July 2016, 11:04 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

As above the 83 have been caught, you think those 83 took the millions and millions of photos and videos??

This chap tried to meet a young girl and it cost him his life

http://www.stinsonhunter.com/sickeni...he-was-killed/

right or wrong?
Old 30 July 2016, 11:04 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Take away the content for a second .. do any of you have millions of **** photos on your PC? no? 1000's? unlikely .. maybe at push you have some in the internet history, this is the bit that perplexes me, why is it that people who like child **** have to have huge amounts of photos and videos?

That's not a sexual interest in children, that's a desire to see as many children as possible hurt and abused for their own sexual desires.
I suspect there is an element of the "collector" mentality about keeping so many images

I also suspect that it is an addiction too - it pervades everything they do or think

which is why so many actively seek out jobs & activities that involve children
Old 30 July 2016, 11:05 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-28526106
Old 30 July 2016, 11:07 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
I suspect there is an element of the "collector" mentality about keeping so many images

I also suspect that it is an addiction too - it pervades everything they do or think

which is why so many actively seek out jobs & activities that involve children
That to me again suggests more than physical attraction. I'm interested in women, think about them all the time, but I don't choose my work, my exercise or anything else in my life to support it. Do you think there are a number of people who are as obsessed with women like these people are with children?
Old 30 July 2016, 11:18 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

That to me again suggests more than physical attraction. I'm interested in women, think about them all the time, but I don't choose my work, my exercise or anything else in my life to support it. Do you think there are a number of people who are as obsessed with women like these people are with children?
No, but it's legal and of course generally considered normal to be attracted to women, so there's absolutely no pressure on you or anyone else who feels the same way to make special arrangements in your life to ensure you'll have adequate and continued access to them. You can just live normally more or less anywhere and there are sure to be plenty of them about.
Old 30 July 2016, 11:29 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

As above the 83 have been caught, you think those 83 took the millions and millions of photos and videos??

This chap tried to meet a young girl and it cost him his life

http://www.stinsonhunter.com/sickeni...he-was-killed/

right or wrong?
I think there are two problems here. The first is that mob rule is rarely, if ever, the answer to anything. The second is that the only time we ever hear about paedophiles is in connection with the criminal justice system, when their arrest, trial or conviction is mentioned in the news. If the percentage of them among the population is really as widespread as your other link says, why aren't there treatment centers all over the country where they can go and get help to deal with their urges before they actually start abusing?
Old 30 July 2016, 11:35 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

No, but it's legal and of course generally considered normal to be attracted to women, so there's absolutely no pressure on you or anyone else who feels the same way to make special arrangements in your life to ensure you'll have adequate and continued access to them. You can just live normally more or less anywhere and there are sure to be plenty of them about.

Ok, true that's a good point, so it's more like a stock pile than a fixation on numbers? (in your opinion)
Old 30 July 2016, 11:38 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Ok, true that's a good point, so it's more like a stock pile than a fixation on numbers? (in your opinion)
Yep, pretty much. And I freely admit this is just my opinion, based on what seems like a few basic common-sense assumptions.
Old 30 July 2016, 01:13 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Like all other contributors to this thread the whole thing is sickening. I've puzzled over this for many years - why - why - why?

I think I can understand the reasons behind most serious crimes, even rape sometimes and, at a stretch, some ISIS atrocities by brainwashed individuals.

But I simply cannot understand the sexual satisfaction in damaging a 3 year old or getting a kick out of looking at the pictures. Was it always like this? Of course before computers no one could keep 10 million images. I veer towards thinking it has got worse but I have no evidence to show this. Surely it has to be a warped mind perhaps going back to childhood? Were these evil people born like this or did their sick desires develop as they grew up? OK string 'em up but that's not going to solve the problem. I don't believe there is a solution. And now 4 cops will spend 6 months trawling through these images to try and identify the kids involved. Can you imagine a more damaging and soul destroying task.

A very sad reflection on parts of society today.

David
Old 30 July 2016, 01:21 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Well to some it is more than physical - they justify their feelings by conflating it with "love" too, and then deceive themselves that the child is a willing participant in the sexual abuse (accept they simply don't see it as abuse, but a loving willing sexual relationship)

In fact the more deluded play the victim and suggest when caught, that the child "led them on"

No, but it's legal and of course
generally considered normal to be attracted to women, so there's absolutely no pressure on you or anyone else who feels the same way to make special arrangements in your life to ensure you'll have adequate and continued access to them. You can just live normally more or less anywhere and there are sure to be plenty of them about.
Yes good point
Old 30 July 2016, 01:43 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

the problem lies with the punishment when/if caught,
i remember watching a program on channel 4 about sydney cook who took a little boy from a funfare abused and then killed the boy with several friends,
the interviewer asked a peodophile his fantasy and his reply was ,
to do a sydney cook
the interviewer then said but you realise you will do 10-15 years
yes the peodiphile replied buts thats good value and you have to get caught,
the interviewer then said would you do it if the death penalty was brought back for such crimes,
peodo's reply HELL NO
and there lieth the problem,
Old 30 July 2016, 02:00 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
And now 4 cops will spend 6 months trawling through these images to try and identify the kids involved. Can you imagine a more damaging and soul destroying task.

A very sad reflection on parts of society today.

David
Yes it's not just the immediate victim that suffers.
We're all worse off by varying degrees for knowing about these hideous crimes. You can't 'un-know' such a thing when you hear about it and it must have an effect, however small, on the way we perceive the world and the people we share it with.
As for the damage it does to the people charged with sifting through the evidence who can say how well they sleep at night. I know the police hace counselling to get them through the trauma of what they see in the line of duty, but it must have a lasting effect.
Old 30 July 2016, 10:02 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

It would be revealing to have the copine grading of those millions of images.

If you are a parent you will almost certainly have images of your own kids that fall into grades 1, 2 & 3 on the copine scale, it is those upwards of 6 (I think) are the deeply disturbing and sinister stuff.

I was a talking to someone this week about an initiative where someone was developing an app, encouraging users to take geotagged images of hotel rooms they stayed in, which get uploaded to a central source to provide a set of reference data which could be cross referenced with backgrounds in child abuse images. Something as insignificant as the type of power outlet in the image for example can offer an indication to help narrow down the country(s) where the image has been taken.
Old 30 July 2016, 10:55 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I clicked on this thread hoping to see 30 million images of children being abused

Obviously not!

How can anyone possess 30 million images?????
Surely they can't have looked at every single image????
If anyone is aroused by pictures of a 5 year old being abused, they should be hung!

We fostered a baby boy and he was in care due to his mum and her partner videoing his 3 year old sister being abused! There was a 3 minute video of the mum 'exploring' the 3 year old girls 'bits' with the boyfriend filming it! Thank god I never had to see it and it's what we were told from court! How can any woman abuse her own child?
Old 31 July 2016, 10:30 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BoozyDave
I clicked on this thread hoping to see 30 million images of children being abused

Obviously not!

How can anyone possess 30 million images?????
Surely they can't have looked at every single image????
If anyone is aroused by pictures of a 5 year old being abused, they should be hung!

We fostered a baby boy and he was in care due to his mum and her partner videoing his 3 year old sister being abused! There was a 3 minute video of the mum 'exploring' the 3 year old girls 'bits' with the boyfriend filming it! Thank god I never had to see it and it's what we were told from court! How can any woman abuse her own child?
So this thread got me researching and there are two main types of paedophiles from what I can gather. Those that believe they love the children and those that find sexual gratification in viewing or abusing. You also have the lesser groups who abuse for the satisfaction of others, the mothers who either support or turn a blind eye when their children are abused.

In my opinion and from what I've read the people who believe they love children are not a threat in the abduct and abuse sense and should be able to seek help and support. Normally I'd say someone's preference is theirs to own but in the case of children, no matter how clean the motives a child is going to get impacted. Convincing a child they love you and that love allows for sexual contact wouldn't be difficult for an adult conveying love and that isn't acceptable in my mind, I think there is room for levels of counselling, etc when the person is genuine in their believe.

Those who abuse, directly or indirectly are selfish animals and I feel their actions if proven should result in a more sever punishment. Castration, long prison sentences and in some cases death.

Last edited by pimmo2000; 31 July 2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 31 July 2016, 02:27 PM
Paul71
Scooby Newbie

So this thread got me researching and there are two main types of paedophiles from what I can gather. Those that believe they love the children and those that find sexual gratification in viewing or abusing. You also have the lesser groups who abuse for the satisfaction of others, the mothers who either support or turn a blind eye when their children are abused.

In my opinion and from what I've read the people who believe they love children are not a threat in the abduct and abuse sense and should be able to seek help and support. Normally I'd say someone's preference is theirs to own but in the case of children, no matter how clean the motives a child is going to get impacted. Convincing a child they love you and that love allows for sexual contact wouldn't be difficult for an adult conveying love and that isn't acceptable in my mind, I think there is room for levels of counselling, etc when the person is genuine in their believe.

Those who abuse, directly or indirectly are selfish animals and I feel their actions if proven should result in a more sever punishment. Castration, long prison sentences and in some cases death.
First thing its out of control now has been for years I can't get my head around how can you abuse a baby or children ? A good video made by the BBC around the same time as Pete Townsend got arrested

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 30 million child abuse images