Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where to get legal music dowloads from

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2016, 01:01 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to get legal music dowloads from

I buy my music on iTunes but I can't make a CD out of the tunes I download; from there. That's despite me paying for the numbers I like.

Currently, I've become Drake fan since I've heard his One Dance. Now, I don't want to buy his full album (I don't like all his songs, just the rhythmic ones), nor can I put his music for my car into a CD, so where do I go? I don't want to change my CD changer, nor can I listen to my iTunes music without 3G or WiFi, even if I attached my Apple device to the car speakers.

I want to buy these songs (original) in particular (I've already bought them from iTunes but can't put them on a CD):

One Dance (original):

Too Good Drake Cover:

Do any of you recommend a legal and virus free music download website?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Last edited by Turbohot; 17 May 2016 at 01:04 PM.
Old 17 May 2016, 01:31 PM
fat-thomas
BANNED

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Google play
Old 17 May 2016, 01:53 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You can convert the files from itunes to iso and burn to cd, need a converter program like nero or the like, think it can be done through itunes but typical apple its hard to work, cant stand itunes never use it now.
Old 17 May 2016, 01:55 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

So you can only stream them once bought from Apple ?!
Old 17 May 2016, 02:01 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Used deezer when it's cheap, you can download favorites .

Amazon for keeping. Think Iv got one album off Google
Old 17 May 2016, 04:13 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

@Jay: That's the thing, Jay. Makes me unhappy that even the good I buy of them has to be played just on their own device.

Anyway,

@fat-thomas and dpb: Thank you. Will try that. I really hope it's not complex business. I just want to buy, download and stick them on a cd; without having to faff about with various other programmes, I order to do that.
Old 17 May 2016, 04:22 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Daft question but have you actually tried doing it in iTunes? It's been a while since I have but i can't remember having any particular issues with DRM.
Old 17 May 2016, 04:23 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Umm. https://support.apple.com/kb/PH20378
Old 17 May 2016, 04:25 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by neil-h
Daft question but have you actually tried doing it in iTunes? It's been a while since I have but i can't remember having any particular issues with DRM.
Worst case is 7 burns of a playlist, but you can walk around that.
Old 17 May 2016, 05:03 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
Well, I downloaded from iTunes and then tried to shift them to the burning programme, but it wouldn't let me.

Now Jack has given link to Apple help.....

Originally Posted by JackClark
.....so I shall give it another go.
Old 17 May 2016, 06:30 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

I'm no tech freak so if I can do it
Give all my old mixing decks n stuff to my daughter ( sl 1210's - mixer 4 channel (2 phono 2 line ) CD player /burner - amp
Select said vinyl & said mp3 to mix & create playlist ..
Decks are connected to phono - I phone & pad connected to line in ... Thsts making music

In simple terms with just a iPhone or pad create your playlist press play & the cd will copy it through your mixer record out into your amp wich then is using line in to CD burner
Old 17 May 2016, 06:53 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze
I'm no tech freak so if I can do it
Give all my old mixing decks n stuff to my daughter ( sl 1210's - mixer 4 channel (2 phono 2 line ) CD player /burner - amp
Select said vinyl & said mp3 to mix & create playlist ..
Decks are connected to phono - I phone & pad connected to line in ... Thsts making music

In simple terms with just a iPhone or pad create your playlist press play & the cd will copy it through your mixer record out into your amp wich then is using line in to CD burner
That will sound terrible mate as its loosing any quality it had in digital form, apple aff removes most of the quality from the file so its not even 128kbs to start with, it would sound muffled to hell even trimmed to death through the mixer, best getting mp3 files from another source at 320k think hmv still do online downloads or amazon there is loads out there, i play underground house so traxsource wont be anygood too you lol
Old 17 May 2016, 06:53 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

There is a legit programme that costs around £7 as a one-off payment and you can download from Spotify as many tunes as you like straight to CD. The trick is to upgrade to Spotify premium for a month and then you can download without ads. dl
Old 17 May 2016, 06:56 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Well, I downloaded from iTunes and then tried to shift them to the burning programme, but it wouldn't let me.

Find the itunes folder on the pc it will be in program files then start nero or similar and set disc to burn to iso format and drag files in, should work but its been that long since i burnt cds, ive got a gig next week thats cd decks so need to burn cds, bloody hate cds to hell now lol
Old 17 May 2016, 07:08 PM
jazzyjembreaze
Scooby Regular

I get what your saying jay - but for it sounds ok coming out the speakers ( quality wise ) as she's mixing then it's the same quality getting laid down to format .. Prob not for you tho / but hey all my 90's rave & dance 12" were far worse quality , some are damn right nasty ha ha ... Sure goin through a headphone jack ain't no pro , but it does work / was just trying to help lol
Old 17 May 2016, 07:18 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jazzyjembreaze
I get what your saying jay - but for it sounds ok coming out the speakers ( quality wise ) as she's mixing then it's the same quality getting laid down to format .. Prob not for you tho / but hey all my 90's rave & dance 12" were far worse quality , some are damn right nasty ha ha ... Sure goin through a headphone jack ain't no pro , but it does work / was just trying to help lol
Am back using vinyl mate there just no sound like it
Old 17 May 2016, 09:01 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Instructions https://support.apple.com/kb/PH20379...ewlocale=en_US
Old 17 May 2016, 09:35 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot

I would, it's far easier than pratting about with other programs.
Old 18 May 2016, 12:08 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Won't Nero just burn a music cd from your mp3's in your iTunes music library.
Old 18 May 2016, 09:16 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by stevebt
Won't Nero just burn a music cd from your mp3's in your iTunes music library.
Why would you bother when you can just select a bunch of tunes in iTunes then press the burn button.
Old 18 May 2016, 03:04 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

On the subject of not being able to play music on an iOS device unless you have an internet connection. My guess would be the music hasn't been downloaded to the device, so it has to be streamed, hence the requirement for internet.

What you can do is get the music downloaded. To do this it should be a case of:
1. open the iTunes Store app on the iOS device
2. tap the "... More" button (bottom right)
3. Tap Purchased
4. Tap Music
5. Tap Not On This iPhone
6. Pick the artist, or All songs or recent purchases

To the right of the track name should be a cloud icon with downward pointing arrow. Tapping that will download the song to the phone. You can also use the Download All button to download all items that have not been downloaded.
Old 18 May 2016, 05:36 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
On the subject of not being able to play music on an iOS device unless you have an internet connection. My guess would be the music hasn't been downloaded to the device, so it has to be streamed, hence the requirement for internet.

What you can do is get the music downloaded. To do this it should be a case of:
1. open the iTunes Store app on the iOS device
2. tap the "... More" button (bottom right)
3. Tap Purchased
4. Tap Music
5. Tap Not On This iPhone
6. Pick the artist, or All songs or recent purchases

To the right of the track name should be a cloud icon with downward pointing arrow. Tapping that will download the song to the phone. You can also use the Download All button to download all items that have not been downloaded.
Markus, I followed your steps on my iPad. At step 6, I can only find a U2 album that I never bought and I see none of my recent purchases, although I see my recent purchases until step 4. I haven't a clue who bought that U2 album and how come it turned up in my purchased music . No one in our house would download U2 as we already have every U2 CD, and if they did, they would have done it on their own device; through their own account. Anyway, the additional news is that all U2 songs (that I really can't be bothered with; right now) have that cloud with the downward arrow sign, whereas the recent purchases simply show the label above them i.e. 'DOWNLOADED'. I'm really confused. I've checked the settings on my iPad. Everything seems to be fine, and I have 1.8 GB still available to play with; in my iCloud.

Also, Jack, on my stupid Windows laptop, I no more see any purchased music whatsoever in my iTunes account. I haven't a clue what happened there.

Before Neil asks, I must say in advance that I did sign into my account.

I think I'm doing something wrong; technically.

Oh, does my stupid Toshiba laptop need to have that iOS thingy in it or what?

I really do appreciate all the fool proof help, and I'm now obsessed with sorting it out. I AM going to sort it, may it be with my tooth or my nail!
Old 19 May 2016, 01:07 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

yeah, U2. Don't fret, Apple and U2 decided to give everyone that album for free a few years ago.
Sounds as though some of the music is downloaded then, so it should play without internet. Easy way to tell would be to turn on airplane mode, then try and play a song and see what happens.
Old 19 May 2016, 07:59 AM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Its all downloaded, its filed away in a itunes folder in programs in the pc, apple converts the files to aff a type of crappy low grade quality file, best to find the files and convert back to audio or mp3 if you want to play them in a mP3 compatible cd player(will get way more files on the disc)
Old 19 May 2016, 09:51 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by **jay**
Its all downloaded, its filed away in a itunes folder in programs in the pc, apple converts the files to aff a type of crappy low grade quality file, best to find the files and convert back to audio or mp3 if you want to play them in a mP3 compatible cd player(will get way more files on the disc)
Maybe in the 80's they did.

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19608?locale=en_GB
Old 19 May 2016, 03:35 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
yeah, U2. Don't fret, Apple and U2 decided to give everyone that album for free a few years ago.
Sounds as though some of the music is downloaded then, so it should play without internet. Easy way to tell would be to turn on airplane mode, then try and play a song and see what happens.
Oh, right! Thank funk for that! I would have never paid to buy U2, meself.

Markus, regarding my music playing without internet even on my Apple devices, well, that's not what's happening at all. When I turn on the airplane mode, it says "Turn off the airplane mode or use wifi to access your iTune data". Why is that happening?

Originally Posted by **jay**
Jay, I was really at it yesterday whenever could squeeze in my mighty endeavours. But ...last night, I think I lost my patience..... and I hope you can take it, I hope you can take it! and nearly launched my laptop in the air! However, I controlled myself by my breathing meditation, and slept on it. This afternoon, I worked out what had happened. My computer somehow unauthorised itself to inefficiently disable my iTunes playing or even showing. I think my kid messed about with it, because once re-authorised, I found that there are two computers authorised. Now the other one is my little madam's who's out of station; exploring away. Well, I have my folder alright on my laptop now. Just played 'Oh, yaye, yayaaye............... Oh, yaye, yaayeh!' and sang with it on a victorious pitch, man. All I need to work out is how to stick that music on a CD, now. I shall report back after I've followed the Apple link that Mr. Jack Clark provided.

Last edited by Turbohot; 19 May 2016 at 03:46 PM.
Old 19 May 2016, 09:20 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Thats where itunes belongs, back in the 80s its a pathetic program that ties you too apple, even though i dont use it its built into my mac i i use for music production and djing, every now and agin it thinks its being nice and trys to take control of my rekordbox files and causes all sorts of issues I'd love to wipe itunes from it completly and never see it again, its crap at best.
Old 19 May 2016, 10:02 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Why don't you uninstall it then? And try not to be so angry.
Old 19 May 2016, 10:19 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Why don't you uninstall it then? And try not to be so angry.
Im very happy all the time as my life does not revole around apple loli just dont let apple rule my life its just a tool for me thats all i tried to un install it but that last crap update has put it back on again and gone thorugh my external drives indexing and trying to control flac and mp3 files, if apple where not so restrictive then folk my get on better with it. if it was not a brand new macbook pro id bloody jail brake it and be done with the apple conrol crap lol

Last edited by **jay**; 19 May 2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old 19 May 2016, 10:39 PM
cjquicksilver
Scooby Regular

I download from

http://megaboon.com

Quick Reply: Where to get legal music dowloads from