Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

not a good day

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2016, 10:55 PM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Default not a good day

come home this evening and the neighbours have cut down conifer trees at the front on our boundary? They claim its their boundary? semi-detached house. Looking head on its the right hand side??

Long story short, they've cut it to the ground. No call around, no courtesy knock on the door. So I went guns blazing next door. The gent was calm and explained the tree had a bug and needed to be cut. What cooled me down was he aims to replant some matured trees. Which was great because I just lost a whole lot of privacy from the main road?

What are the legalities behind this? Report to council? To top it off his wife comes around declares she doesnt like my attitude . She got a mouth full

Whats the world coming to. If I showed you the site, anyone would flip out! Unbelievable.
Old 21 March 2016, 11:06 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Bang out of order!
The least they could of done is have a chat before hacking the trees down!!!
Get some pics up,or tell us what road so we can drive past and have a good nosey into your living room
Old 21 March 2016, 11:09 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

As above.
Old 21 March 2016, 11:29 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Bit naughty that I would flip nothing like neighbourly love. Private house or ?
Old 22 March 2016, 12:23 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know a couple that live in a semi-detached 17th century stoned house. Their neighbour was a celebrity hair dresser who was Israeli; along with her co. Apparently she had even chopped Sean Connory's hair in her glamorous career time! The couple I knew became dead matey to them and used to invite them for dinner etc. all the time. Anyway, when the couple I know got themselves a couple of Yorkies, their perpetual yapping drove their Israeli hairdresser lady neighbour so frikking mad that never mind Sean Connory's hair, she ended up chopping the middle boundary conifers as well that the couple I knew had planted, just for some mutual privacy. It's a 100% true story, I'm not making it up. The couple I knew were devastated! I think there was a revenge performed by the couple I know, but I don't remember that bit. I must ask and then post it here, still anonymously.

PS: one day post incident, The Isreali lady and co. divorced each other, sold their house and disappeared, eventually. I think they blame my friends' Yorkies for their divorce.

Last edited by Turbohot; 22 March 2016 at 12:29 AM.
Old 22 March 2016, 08:41 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I know a couple that live in a semi-detached 17th century stoned house. Their neighbour was a celebrity hair dresser who was Israeli; along with her co. Apparently she had even chopped Sean Connory's hair in her glamorous career time! The couple I knew became dead matey to them and used to invite them for dinner etc. all the time. Anyway, when the couple I know got themselves a couple of Yorkies, their perpetual yapping drove their Israeli hairdresser lady neighbour so frikking mad that never mind Sean Connory's hair, she ended up chopping the middle boundary conifers as well that the couple I knew had planted, just for some mutual privacy. It's a 100% true story, I'm not making it up. The couple I knew were devastated! I think there was a revenge performed by the couple I know, but I don't remember that bit. I must ask and then post it here, still anonymously.

PS: one day post incident, The Isreali lady and co. divorced each other, sold their house and disappeared, eventually. I think they blame my friends' Yorkies for their divorce.

Shocking story. They ought to have chopped down the yapping dogs, not the trees, or dropped the trees on top of them.
Old 22 March 2016, 09:08 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

First thing to do is establish whose boudary it is by referring to your land registry paperwork you would have been provided with by your solicitor when purchasing the house. If it's your boundary then look to take further action for damage to your property, if it's their boundary then not much you can do other than put up trees your side of the boundary line.
Old 22 March 2016, 09:17 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Some now pointless information

- if the tree is on their land and under a certain diameter they can do what they want

- if the tree is on their land and they need a permit (which it appears they didnt as conifers never meet the requirements on diameter) then they should of got a permit. You would of heard about this as you would of been offered to option to object.

- if the tree is on your land but the branches go over into their land, they are entitled to cut down or trim any branches that that go onto their land without the need for consulting you.
Old 22 March 2016, 11:56 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

And they are supposed to give any cropped branches back to you...but that doesn't mean just dumping them on your land.
Old 22 March 2016, 12:34 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
Shocking story. They ought to have chopped down the yapping dogs, not the trees, or dropped the trees on top of them.
I think they should have talked with each other and sorted it out, IMO. I think it was obvious that my friends' Yorkies were p7ssing their neigbours off, but the female owner had no kids and her husband's kids lived with his ex-wife, so the Yorkies were like their living-in kids to them. In my experience, Yorkies are naturaly very yappy and notorious. I noticed a lady bowing down to the edge of my garden the other day. I said 'hello' and recognised as one of my neighbours with a miniature Yorkie. Apparently he poo-ed at the edge of my garden when that woman's husband was walking him. Husband went home all scared (I don't know why) and told his missus that their naughty dog had poo-ed in Swati's garden. Therefore, the missus was out, pickign up the pieces, and trying to do one before I caught her. I was fine about it, and even picked up that Yorkie to give him a cuddle. But he was just yapping and yapping and yapping! More so, when he saw my cats guarding our territory. Honestly, very migraine causing creatures these Yorkies are.

Last edited by Turbohot; 22 March 2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 22 March 2016, 02:31 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

I think they should have talked with each other and sorted it out, IMO. I think it was obvious that my friends' Yorkies were p7ssing their neigbours off, but the female owner had no kids and her husband's kids lived with his ex-wife, so the Yorkies were like their living-in kids to them. In my experience, Yorkies are naturaly very yappy and notorious. I noticed a lady bowing down to the edge of my garden the other day. I said 'hello' and recognised as one of my neighbours with a miniature Yorkie. Apparently he poo-ed at the edge of my garden when that woman's husband was walking him. Husband went home all scared (I don't know why) and told his missus that their naughty dog had poo-ed in Swati's garden. Therefore, the missus was out, pickign up the pieces, and trying to do one before I caught her. I was fine about it, and even picked up that Yorkie to give him a cuddle. But he was just yapping and yapping and yapping! More so, when he saw my cats guarding our territory. Honestly, very migraine causing creatures these Yorkies are.

Death cures their yapping, guaranteed!
Old 22 March 2016, 02:38 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Head on RHS, it's their border as I understand it. Still should have spoken to you first IMHO.
Old 22 March 2016, 08:24 PM
harry007
Scooby Regular

Ladies and Gents:

We have an update. Its a good one. Ive been lazy I admit! I've still not determined whos boundry it is. Title deeds says its our, however I cant determine wether the trees are on my side or not. Because I built the metal gate railing around the trees, So one would assume its in my land!?

Because of the racket I caused yesterday, the Irish lads who were doing the work, I know the main heads. Guess what? They havent turned up today to finish the work Whats more better, as Im leaving for work, she left her car outside assuming they were coming and got a parking ticket

It sounds harsh, but the reality is they both never communicated with me, therefore I am not bothered. As it stands the work has come to a stand still and no one wants to finish it

Enjoy:

Name:  58110503-CEDC-4A4F-9E4F-6F618D9CBBE2_zpsbazdvgie.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  158.9 KB

Name:  9E524393-E6DD-46AA-AAC9-899EC8930ED7_zpssfugijr8.jpg
Size:  412.1 KB

Name:  8ADF98BF-115F-49D7-BBFD-5FEBCF4E5370_zpsub33jyrf.jpg
Size:  340.4 KB

Name:  F1FAA006-DCFD-4836-9DAA-3675305A8A91_zpssmpkxngm.jpg
Size:  201.3 KB

Name:  AFAC86E9-F7F7-4221-BC16-6CB0382AE24E_zpsmmxqyfkc.jpg
Size:  226.4 KB
Old 22 March 2016, 08:31 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hating your neighbours is hard work, buy them a bottle and go say sorry.

They're replacing them so all is well.
Old 22 March 2016, 09:51 PM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree,don't hate them,they made it look so tidy

Edit: to be fair,if they replace with some nice foliage then love thy neighbour

Last edited by ossett2k2; 22 March 2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 22 March 2016, 10:38 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

grumpy old ******* that lives two houses away from me cut down two conifers in my front garden - pissed me off at the time, but was intending to take them down any how. Every year he gets a hand made Christmas card which says Merry Christmas across the top and has a picture of a Christmas tree lying on its side. 5 years on and he still will not speak or acknowledge my wife, kids or I in the street. Life is too short.

PS - Irish lads doing ground works = travellers, keep your doors locked.
Old 22 March 2016, 10:51 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Death cures their yapping, guaranteed!
I thought you liked dogs in general, Paben? I thought it was the cats you were against? I may be wrong, like.

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
grumpy old ******* that lives two houses away from me cut down two conifers in my front garden - pissed me off at the time, but was intending to take them down any how. Every year he gets a hand made Christmas card which says Merry Christmas across the top and has a picture of a Christmas tree lying on its side. 5 years on and he still will not speak or acknowledge my wife, kids or I in the street. Life is too short.
LOL at the picture oF a Christmas tree on the card, lying on its side. Very thoughtful.

I think they could be less of a risk than the Polish lads for the job. I may be thinking wrong again. I don't f**king know, I give up.
Old 22 March 2016, 10:55 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror

Old 23 March 2016, 08:59 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

I thought you liked dogs in general, Paben? I thought it was the cats you were against? I may be wrong, like.

Otherway round actually. Encounters in the past with attack dogs has put me off the entire species. Other than the odd scratch my cat has yet to attempt to kill me.
Old 23 March 2016, 10:23 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Otherway round actually. Encounters in the past with attack dogs has put me off the entire species. Other than the odd scratch my cat has yet to attempt to kill me.
Ah! Good guy for liking cats.
Old 23 March 2016, 12:13 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

looking by your pics and assuming you are taking them from your side then judging from the railing and wall post it looks like the trees are on their land.
Old 23 March 2016, 12:31 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
looking by your pics and assuming you are taking them from your side then judging from the railing and wall post it looks like the trees are on their land.
That's what I thought and if correct then I can't see what the fuss is about?
Old 23 March 2016, 02:07 PM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by harry007
Ladies and Gents:

Title deeds says its our, however I cant determine wether the trees are on my side or not. Because I built the metal gate railing around the trees, So one would assume its in my land!?
this is what he said on the boundary
Old 23 March 2016, 02:38 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cpt Jack Sparrow
this is what he said on the boundary
Yes but looking at the pics the boundary is where the fence is as it aligns to the neighbours brick wall at the front of their property. Those conifers are the other side of the fence and inside the line of that brick wall so would appear to be the neighbours trees.
Old 23 March 2016, 04:31 PM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

I see what you mean looking at the block wall at the house end of the metal fencing
Old 23 March 2016, 11:42 PM
BoozyDave
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the 3rd pic, you can see where the fence had to be stepped across onto your property to avoid the trees. It looks like they were slightly on your property, but mainly on their side

Life is too short to create issues just for the sake of it. They are going to replace them, sorted

If you are thinking of buying a bottle, just send it my way
Old 24 March 2016, 12:06 AM
harry007
Scooby Regular

at this rate i have drank the bottle lol
Old 24 March 2016, 10:21 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

The more I see the pictures the more I think the OP is completely in the wrong here and the trees belong to the neighbours in which case they can do whatever they like with them and it's none of his business ultimately.
Old 24 March 2016, 10:29 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

The more I look the more it appears that they are on the neighbours land but may be said to be encroaching on the OP's.

A question springs to mind to the OP: when you built the fence did you do it with the thought that the trees maintenence would be the responsibility of the neighbour?
Old 24 March 2016, 06:48 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

FAO the victim:

I've just looked at the pictures. To be honest, the trees were in the neighbour's territory so they were technically his. Therefore, he had a right to chop them down. Since he knows that they gave you some privacy from the main road as well, it would have been nice if he had pre-informed you of his intentions. But I don't think you should have gone around all angry to him, instead it would have been nice had you talked to him without the 'blazing gun' business. Anyway, as now it's all done, basically, you need to understand that there's no law in your favour about suing your neighbour etc. for this. Your neighbour is not legally obliged to protect your privacy with his trees, you need to ensure it yourself. what I suggest is that you take some bricks off your drive's edge near the fence and plant some of your own trees. Then you will be boss to your own trees by planting them in your own territory, you can ensure your privacy by yourself. Good luck.

Last edited by Turbohot; 24 March 2016 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply: not a good day