Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Islamic terrorism: The far-right, the far-left and the middle ground.

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2016, 02:17 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Islamic terrorism: The far-right, the far-left and the middle ground.

Old 31 January 2016, 03:13 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I've seen this American Media Circus thing before. A Western Caucasian friend of mine said on this: "My position is that I daren't say anything. Neither to match the opinion of the Far Right, nor of the Far Left or not even of the Bang in the Middle. if I say anything at all, they'll call me an Islamophobic racist and tell me that it's so because I'm a white Westerner with a non-deserving aggravating opinion." He also said that he's safer than Mr. F.S. Al Mutar for saying anything, if he ever did. That's because he can't be called practising Taqiya. He said he's happy to be called a Kafir, if he can't help himself one day, and ends up saying something.
Old 01 February 2016, 11:29 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Turbohot
A Western Caucasian friend of mine
What a terribly racist thing to say
Old 01 February 2016, 01:24 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

It is strange how we don't get this with any other religion.
Old 01 February 2016, 01:50 PM
just me
Scooby Regular

It was actually jews that invented terrorism.
Old 01 February 2016, 06:29 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
What a terribly racist thing to say

Sorry, my Welsh Scoobynet co-poster.

From-

Your little Indian Welsh Scoobynet co-poster.

See, I've been a size-ist toward myself as well, now.
Old 01 February 2016, 06:39 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by just me
It was actually jews that invented terrorism.
Eh?

Trending Topics

Old 01 February 2016, 08:11 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Geezer
Eh?
He's not wrong...
Old 02 February 2016, 11:53 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

FAO Just Me and JGlanzaV:

Please explain and answer Geezer's 'eh?' by elaborating on how the Jews are responsible for inventing terrorism. You can't leave this with your fleeting one liners without any supporting evidence/s, come on.
Old 02 February 2016, 12:16 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

The first century Zealots used terrorist tactics in rebellion against the Romans. That was a good half a millennium before Mohammad was even a twinkle in Abdullah's eye. Besides, as well as being the founders of monotheism, the Jews have either invented or discovered far more than their numbers ought to allow.

Last edited by JTaylor; 02 February 2016 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02 February 2016, 12:48 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought he was alluding to The People's Front of Judea...
Old 02 February 2016, 12:49 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
I thought he was alluding to The People's Front of Judea...
The Judean People's Front!
Old 02 February 2016, 01:17 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JTaylor
the Jews have either invented or discovered far more than there numbers ought to allow.
a bit like the scots then

comparatively few in number - but the contribution to modern society (in the fields of technology, philosophy, economics, politics) is pretty impressive

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 02 February 2016 at 01:18 PM.
Old 02 February 2016, 01:22 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
a bit like the scots then

comparatively few in number - but the contribution to modern society is pretty impressive
Yes, although our Gaelic cousins peaked and flourished during the Scottish Enlightenment whereas the Jews have been fairly consistent across the best part of three and half thousand years.
Old 02 February 2016, 01:35 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

The first century Zealots used terrorist tactics in rebellion against the Romans. That was a good half a millennium before Mohammad was even a twinkle in Abdullah's eye. Besides, as well as being the founders of monotheism, the Jews have either invented or discovered far more than there numbers ought to allow.
And this is why some academics are forecasting the fate of the Islam followers similar to what the Jewish people faced; in coming their centuries. Such scholars identify a pattern of causing the terror then get recognised as the martyrs one day- as a result of some table turning mass terror against them. I cannot provide the sources I derive this info from, as they're in form of some students' unpublished copyrighted works. Google may have something similar knocking about, anyway.
Old 02 February 2016, 01:49 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

And this is why some academics are forecasting the fate of the Islam followers similar to what the Jewish people faced; in coming their centuries. Such scholars identify a pattern of causing the terror then get recognised as the martyrs one day- as a result of some table turning mass terror against them. I cannot provide the sources I derive this info from, as they're in form of some students' unpublished copyrighted works. Google may have something similar knocking about, anyway.
Well, the academics that you mention are talking absolute poppycock. It's not even wrong.
Old 02 February 2016, 01:57 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Well, the academics that you mention are talking absolute poppycock. It's not even wrong.
Well, the credit isn't just yours, you know. They're other poppycocks available in the world. I did tell them to research the Wikis as you do, but they're more into proper books.
Old 02 February 2016, 02:01 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Well, the credit isn't just yours, you know. They're other poppycocks available in the world. I did tell them to research the Wikis as you do, but they're more into proper books.
What do you think, Swati? I assume that you alluded to parallels between the Jews and Islam because you concur in some way. Let's have a discussion about it.
Old 02 February 2016, 02:17 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

What do you think, Swati? I assume that you alluded to parallels between the Jews and Islam because you concur in some way. Let's have a discussion about it.
Of course! I am on for a discussion as I'm the one who kick-started this thread today for this reason.

By the way, it's some academics that are forecasting it from their perspective. It's not my forecast, as you assume. They foresee similar (to the Jews') fate for the ones that terrorise others, and end up becoming martyrs. It doesn't have to be particularly the Judaism and Islam. It could be other religious sects. The important thing for these scholars is the pattern that they identify. There's one blatantly obvious parallel between/among all religious sects. I'll leave you to identify it.
Old 02 February 2016, 03:34 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Of course! I am on for a discussion as I'm the one who kick-started this thread today for this reason.

By the way, it's some academics that are forecasting it from their perspective. It's not my forecast, as you assume. They foresee similar (to the Jews') fate for the ones that terrorise others, and end up becoming martyrs. It doesn't have to be particularly the Judaism and Islam. It could be other religious sects. The important thing for these scholars is the pattern that they identify. There's one blatantly obvious parallel between/among all religious sects. I'll leave you to identify it.
So your point is what?
Old 02 February 2016, 04:13 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

So your point is what?
It's in my posts if you look at them carefully; the point that some people have identified the pattern from their perspective, I found it interesting. If it's not something that interests you, then no worries. Now, you may like to explain what your point is, with your first opening post. What new are you trying to say or inform?
Old 02 February 2016, 04:51 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

It's in my posts if you look at them carefully; the point that some people have identified the pattern from their perspective, I found it interesting. If it's not something that interests you, then no worries. Now, you may like to explain what your point is, with your first opening post. What new are you trying to say or inform?
That I share the same position as FSAM. The pic' was on my FB feed and it resonated with me so I posted here. So, back to you, is it your point that history can judge so-called terrorists as martyrs and or freedom-fighters and vice versa and that it's dependent upon one's vantage point? If you are, then I agree with you. However, I subscribe to the notion of absolute truth; I am not a moral relavatist and anyone in this or any other age who describes Islamic State (and their ilk who are the central point of the opening post) as anything other than evil are, quite simply, wrong.
Old 02 February 2016, 06:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

That I share the same position as FSAM. The pic' was on my FB feed and it resonated with me so I posted here.
Thanks. Luckily, you're not a Muslim like Mr. FSAM is. I indicate that in my second post on this thread of yours. You may now like to ask me why a Muslim is in a worse situation than yours and not really comparable to you. It's because repercussions for him would be harsher, because he belongs to that faith. Luckily, you don't.

So, back to you, is it your point that history can judge so-called terrorists as martyrs and or freedom-fighters and vice versa and that it's dependent upon one's vantage point? If you are, then I agree with you. However, I subscribe to the notion of absolute truth; I am not a moral relavatist and anyone in this or any other age who describes Islamic State (and their ilk who are the central point of the opening post) as anything other than evil are, quite simply, wrong.
I never said that the Islamic State are anything but evil, so that's out.

Martyrdom requires a sacrifice and a cause in minimum. For a sect, their discriminated being itself could become a cause for their martyrdom. Politically, sacrifice can be done by letting your innocent people get killed, or by pretending that you're innocent and then self-destruct. Please try to understand. I'm not saying that all so-called martyrdom is rational, ethical or morally correct. It could simply be a product of a distorted worldview and/or the view of self. Have you heard of the perpetrators pretending to be the victims; followed by them known as martyrs (at least among their likes) one day? This happens quite a lot on the world stage politics.

Research academics make predictions, basing upon the historical evidence/by examining the historical patterns and by studying current affairs. The light that those academics are casting at is the future. They say that the future could be very bleak for all Muslims (including peacefully innocent as well as the criminal terrorist ones), and that could mean the world wanting all or any of them to be wiped out indiscriminately. I find this prediction an interesting one. It's not some sensational and dramatic, conspiracy type bull$h&t but a mindful view, as they're talking about the systematic development and spread of it in this day and age; as opposed to one big Shoah type of event in next 5 years or anything like that. Their focus is on the mindsets of the terrorised whereas their colleagues continue to focus on the mindsets of the terrorists. It's not some short sighted biased study. They are taking many other factors into consideration such as the triggers; aggravating agents; grounded belief systems; scapegoating; international political climate; culture; how human brain responds to situations like that in long term etc. etc. I think it's an interesting one, anyway.
Old 02 February 2016, 06:30 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry, my Welsh Scoobynet co-poster.

From-

Your little Indian Welsh Scoobynet co-poster.

See, I've been a size-ist toward myself as well, now.
He's a Gog. Simples!
Old 02 February 2016, 06:49 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Thanks. Luckily, you're not a Muslim like Mr. FSAM is. I indicate that in my second post on this thread of yours. You may now like to ask me why a Muslim is in a worse situation than yours and not really comparable to you. It's because repercussions for him would be harsher, because he belongs to that faith. Luckily, you don't.

I never said that the Islamic State are anything but evil, so that's out.

Martyrdom requires a sacrifice and a cause in minimum. For a sect, their discriminated being itself could become a cause for their martyrdom. Politically, sacrifice can be done by letting your innocent people get killed, or by pretending that you're innocent and then self-destruct. Please try to understand. I'm not saying that all so-called martyrdom is rational, ethical or morally correct. It could simply be a product of a distorted worldview and/or the view of self. Have you heard of the perpetrators pretending to be the victims; followed by them known as martyrs (at least among their likes) one day? This happens quite a lot on the world stage politics.

Research academics make predictions, basing upon the historical evidence/by examining the historical patterns and by studying current affairs. The light that those academics are casting at is the future. They say that the future could be very bleak for all Muslims (including peacefully innocent as well as the criminal terrorist ones), and that could mean the world wanting all or any of them to be wiped out indiscriminately. I find this prediction an interesting one. It's not some sensational and dramatic, conspiracy type bull$h&t but a mindful view, as they're talking about the systematic development and spread of it in this day and age; as opposed to one big Shoah type of event in next 5 years or anything like that. Their focus is on the mindsets of the terrorised whereas their colleagues continue to focus on the mindsets of the terrorists. It's not some short sighted biased study. They are taking many other factors into consideration such as the triggers; aggravating agents; grounded belief systems; scapegoating; international political climate; culture; how human brain responds to situations like that in long term etc. etc. I think it's an interesting one, anyway.
FSAM may be from a Muslim background, but he is a secular humanist. Pogroms against Muslims are a distinct possibility which is why the far-left and the far-right need challenging and why moderate 'cultural Muslims' need to be as brave as our man here. If he were to be murdered for apostasy he would be a real martyr.
Old 02 February 2016, 07:02 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

FSAM may be from a Muslim background, but he is a secular humanist. Pogroms against Muslims are a distinct possibility which is why the far-left and the far-right need challenging and why moderate 'cultural Muslims' need to be as brave as our man here. If he were to be murdered for apostasy he would be a real martyr.
Yes, I agree with this.

I'd like to meet Salman Rushdie as well. I don't know what he's up to, these days.
Old 02 February 2016, 07:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
He's a Gog. Simples!
Forgive my ignorance, but what does Gog mean? I've Goggled it but I can't find the meaning if it.
Old 03 February 2016, 04:58 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

"Out beyond the ideas of wrong and right there is a field... I'll meet you there" Rumi