Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Real or fake?

Search this Thread

Old 27 December 2015, 12:00 AM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Real or fake?

Christmas trees that is, haven't had a real one for years, always found them messy, but think that they are nice.

So, what do you do, lets see them before they all get taken down.
Old 27 December 2015, 12:08 AM
ossett2k2
Scooby Regular

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Fake for the last few years,I would of liked real! Maybe next year?
Also the missus wanted a few lights on the tree 750 lol!!!

Old 27 December 2015, 01:06 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Fake one.

I gave up on the real ones since they gave me breathing trouble. Prior to using the real ones, I used a fake one for years, because I could not justify killing or chopping a real one merely for its aesthetics. I did start to buy potted Christmas trees so that I could replant them, but I couldn't keep them alive. I had to give up on the real ones.

This is my fake one this year>

Name:  10e23161-cb4b-4a56-8905-d4be18f6d9a6.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  636.3 KB
Old 27 December 2015, 04:45 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

two young kids, a cat and a dog .. I haven't had a real tree, or nights sleep in years.
Old 27 December 2015, 08:04 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Real ones. Our one last year was perfect and lasted for over a month. This years is OK. It looked great for 3 weeks and started to droop on the 20th. The needles don't drop so it's not mess, it has just browned a bit and looks a little...limp. Still nicer than a fake though.
Old 27 December 2015, 08:18 AM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Fake
Old 27 December 2015, 09:50 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

This is ours for this year. We don't do tinsel or those cheap multipack bouballs. We try to buy a few nice individual decorations each year from nice garden centres and stalls etc. This was taken on the first day but we do have more hanging decorations on it now;

Old 27 December 2015, 10:20 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Prior to using the real ones, I used a fake one for years, because I could not justify killing or chopping a real one merely for its aesthetics.
I'd like to argue with myself here. If I can justify killing (or a pre-killed one) a turkey for a one day wonder, then why not a cone shaped tree for the whole season?? That's very true, but imagine me with a live turkey prancing around on our dining table with its 'cluck, cluck' talk for our Christmas dinner. We won't be able to eat it. Instead it would eat with us, with some tinsel around its neck. The thought is a mind resting one, I must admit. Whole turkey on the table does look a bit cruel to me, although we all like to eat it.

Back to my compassion for the Christmas tree, frankly, you try to save what you can. Just because you kill a turkey doesn't mean you kill everything. In addition, you don't have something standing in your house for whole season that gives you allergic rhinitis and crap like that. These are my logical arguments in favour of a plastic Christmas tree. I must admit I hate plastic with passion, but my Christmas tree is an exception. I adorn it so much because I want to forget that it's plastic. I have no Tupperware container or a utensil in my house.

P.S.- 'You' in above script means me. Not anyone else. Anyone else can do what they like, I'm not bothered.

Last edited by Turbohot; 27 December 2015 at 10:21 AM.
Old 27 December 2015, 05:22 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Fake one.

I gave up on the real ones since they gave me breathing trouble. Prior to using the real ones, I used a fake one for years, because I could not justify killing or chopping a real one merely for its aesthetics. I did start to buy potted Christmas trees so that I could replant them, but I couldn't keep them alive. I had to give up on the real ones.

Are you sure there is a tree under there
Old 27 December 2015, 05:28 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

We bought a 7ft fake tree some 20+ years ago for something like £50, which was a lot of money to us back then. It's still going strong and only lost a couple of branches in last few years. No pine needles and creating a base is a blessing
Old 27 December 2015, 06:50 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie
Are you sure there is a tree under there
Believe me, it's not me under all that bling. I'm not that tall. If I were, I would have been able to reach the tree top and stuck an angel, a star or even a Ganesh there.

Anyway, This gaudiness is the first point I identified after spontaneously decorating it to its overwhelmed state. I've already stated that one of the unconscious reasons (that I was unaware of; at the time) I might have overdone it with tarting it up because I wanted to forget that's it's effing plasticated to fekk! Another underlying reason is that it's a multicultural Christmas tree. It has been adorned like you would adorn a Hindu God statue. They just literally bury the Gods under the masses of jewellery and fresh flowers! I'm sure that Hindu God suffers from breathing issues, then.

Another unconscious reason (unknown to me; at the time) that I'm as colourful, laden with the riches (of experiences, nothing else), cheerful and vibrant as my holy Christmas tree in a real sense, not in a tarted up fake sense, though. In my opinion, your Christmas tree symbolises you. Look at Sharett's. He's a clean cut, minimalistic youngster with ample room for more experiences (good and bad) hence the gap on his tree. With further growing, he will fill in the gaps; surely. Ossett's is a fuzzy one. It means that he's either somewhat confused or quite private.

We have a Christmas game going with the guests- 'Guess what's under the bling of Swati's so called Christmas tree! Anything but not a Christmas tree. The wittiest answer wins 50p!'

Anyway, show us yours now, and let me analyse it.

Last edited by Turbohot; 27 December 2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 27 December 2015, 09:12 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Ok, only fair that I show you mine as you have shown me yours.

This is in the hallway

This is in the living room, and have no idea what the below is, but the misses puts it out each year no matter how much I protest, looks like some starved version of Christmas tree past or something ......

I think you have your partner under your tree, you can send the 50p to charity as am sure I am right
Old 27 December 2015, 09:13 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Fake for us

Old 27 December 2015, 10:11 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Ok, only fair that I show you mine as you have shown me yours.

http://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.scoo...f87b440eef.jpg

This is in the hallway

http://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.scoo...cadfa6236d.jpg

This is in the living room, and have no idea what the below is, but the misses puts it out each year no matter how much I protest, looks like some starved version of Christmas tree past or something ......
http://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.scoo...926bee5913.jpg
Good trees, SN. They're quite cute, which means the ones whose Christmas trees they are (in your case, you and your wife) are quite cute.

I like the little white twiggy one. It's quite cute, too.

I think you have your partner under your tree, you can send the 50p to charity as am sure I am right
Nope. I'd never do that to my partner. I'm not that callous. I mean, dress him up pretty and stick him all quiet in the corner for a number of days like that; just to stare at him. So, that 50p remains mine.

Anyway, your trees are cool, man. I can see that your good lady likes purple. Or is it you who likes purple?
Old 27 December 2015, 10:24 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Tis the lady that likes purple and green, at the moment, am sure it will change.

When we moved in, not that long ago, the kitchen was all lime, but then she decided that orange was the way to go, so the chairs, tea and coffee pots as well as everything else had to be changed

more purple and green, which is not my taste....

I do have a couple of rooms that are more to my taste though
Old 27 December 2015, 10:27 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Tis the lady that likes purple and green, at the moment, am sure it will change.

When we moved in, not that long ago, the kitchen was all lime, but then she decided that orange was the way to go, so the chairs, tea and coffee pots as well as everything else had to be changed

more purple and green, which is not my taste....

I do have a couple of rooms that are more to my taste though
Wow! That's jazzy! She'll love Barbados. They have lime and purple colour scoobies there.
Old 28 December 2015, 04:02 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I like the real ones for the smell more than anything, but saying that their smell has definately almost vanished over the years.
Old 28 December 2015, 05:20 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Nice and lofty Christmas tree on a very nice floor.

Originally Posted by jameswrx
I like the real ones for the smell more than anything, but saying that their smell has definately almost vanished over the years.
One can get pine spray to make any Christmas tree smell all festive, but that also would make me choke.

Sellers apparently spray the Christmas trees with certain spray so that the needles don't fall, but that spray is responsible to give some people a terrible unrest. I think even without any spray, real tree itself could make some people's life difficult due to its personal quality of containing damp in it and its tendency to go musty and fungal.
Old 30 December 2015, 04:39 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fake one.

....get some more decorations on there you cheapskate....pass me the tinsel gun
Old 31 December 2015, 12:30 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matty01
....get some more decorations on there you cheapskate....pass me the tinsel gun

Old 31 December 2015, 12:36 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

That tree looks like the equivilent to the "Halfords car".
Holy sheeit, were you not exhausted after that?
Old 31 December 2015, 12:52 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by brendy76
That tree looks like the equivilent to the "Halfords car".
Holy sheeit, were you not exhausted after that?

If you guys don't get exhausted polishing every bit of your scoobs on weekly basis, What makes you question whether I was exhausted after decorating my Christmas tree just once a year for only a few days?

Not sure about the tree itself, though. You can talk to the tree and ask it directly, if you like. I'm sure it posts on Internet- somewhere.
Old 31 December 2015, 01:16 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Fake, fake, fake
Old 31 December 2015, 01:30 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Fake, fake, fake
Guess what, you and the teasers like you can just take da pith of others' Christmas trees, but you have no bobbles errrr....***** to put the pictures of your own pathetically bare Christmas trees.

Fake, so what! What's the smug factor about having a real one, eh? What's the big deal? It's usually the same-ish people who try to glorify their roast potatoes by saying that they only use goose fat to roast them and toss them in frikking diamonds rather than salt - Big funking deal! There's no guarantee that their Christmas roasties taste any better than yours, it there?

Bleddy Morris dancers dancing around their scoobs, as Lewis says.

Last edited by Turbohot; 31 December 2015 at 01:40 PM.
Old 31 December 2015, 02:16 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

If you guys don't get exhausted polishing every bit of your scoobs on weekly basis, What makes you question whether I was exhausted after decorating my Christmas tree just once a year for only a few days?

Not sure about the tree itself, though. You can talk to the tree and ask it directly, if you like. I'm sure it posts on Internet- somewhere.
Polished? Me? Haha def not, it hasn't seen a cloth in 2 years easily..

Old 31 December 2015, 02:28 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Polished? Me? Haha def not, it hasn't seen a cloth in 2 years easily..

Yes, I can see that the wheels are so covered with dirt that they now look black.

Now please, do the morris dancing around your car with your jingle bells on, and post the YouTube of it, here.
Old 31 December 2015, 02:38 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Ha, that'll never happen!
Old 31 December 2015, 02:51 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Ha, that'll never happen!
Ok, post a pic of your very sensible Christmas tree, then.
Old 31 December 2015, 02:57 PM
brendy76
Scooby Regular

Ok, post a pic of your very sensible Christmas tree, then.
That, I can do

Understated with less tinsel and more little bits and bobs...missus did it btw, not me! It goes away tonight mind.

Last edited by brendy76; 31 December 2015 at 02:59 PM.
Old 31 December 2015, 03:06 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

That, I can do

Understated with less tinsel and more little bits and bobs...missus did it btw, not me!
Nice. It looks as if it ought to home some little birds with their nests full of eggs inside its fullness. I won't be surprised if they're homing in there. Also, the person who has decorated is economic with, or to exhibit their joy, which is fine. We're all different.

Quick Reply: Real or fake?