Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

An automotive rant

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2015, 08:58 AM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts
Default An automotive rant

I do a lot of driving and I see so many examples of bad driving it defies belief!

People driving without lights on!

Dark mornings or evenings, rain, horrible spray soaked motorways. Full of idiots without lights on. Must say they're mostly female too. I always look and there's a definate pattern to the offenders. I'm not going to give a run down on the top 3 offenders as I'll probably offend some busy body.

People driving in the middle lane.

Yep, the old classic! I do a lot of motorway miles and this drives me nuts. The amount of times I will be travelling on the motorway, approaching a junction and someone will enter the motorway and move straight into the middle lane! I'll be in the inside lane travelling at 70 and straight in they'll come, into the middle lane and I'll continue to approach and they just sit there, dumb as f&@k. If you're really lucky they won't have their lights on too.

Diesel drivers refuelling.

Now I drive a diesel during the week and a petrol at the weekend. But what is it with messy prats at the petrol station covering the pump handles in diesel?! Every time I refill my car with peteol you can guarantee some imbecile will have splashed diesel all over the petrol handle! Idiots!

Rant over, Happy Christmas!

Your turn..
Old 22 December 2015, 09:08 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fog lights on when it isnt ****ing foggy, drives me to absolute despair.

The number one for me is a two lane traffic jam and some ****** driving in the middle to stop people using the second lane. This is the number one way that will drive me ****ing loopy. ****ing dick heads....
Old 22 December 2015, 09:19 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Middle lane drivers............yup bane of the driver, usually slower than everything else too!

Fog lights is becomming a strange one as (I think) it's VW's who use the fog light as DRL's and when turning too so it's going to be more common - but i am guessing the older cars just do it to look cool (*****)
Old 22 December 2015, 09:34 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Slow and nervous drivers
Old 22 December 2015, 10:00 AM
Cpt Jack Sparrow
Scooby Regular

People spill petrol just a much a diesel, however it evaporates off of the handle where as the diesel does not as much.

I have seen people take the pump nozzle out of the car with the trigger still pulled ands spray the car with full and not even notice.
Old 22 December 2015, 10:03 AM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not forgetting the people who flash an indicator for 1 second then think they have the right to pull out,!!!

it's a sign of intention to pull out not a right you ****!!!

And tossers who think it's alright to enter a motorway at 40mph but give me the look of death as I overtake them on the slip road
Old 22 December 2015, 11:00 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

a big one for me is the people who assume that right of way at a roundabout is given to the person approaching the fastest
Old 22 December 2015, 11:14 AM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

**** me I can't believe how many of you know my Mrs
Old 22 December 2015, 11:18 AM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by donny andi
**** me I can't believe how many of you know my Mrs
Old 22 December 2015, 01:46 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
a big one for me is the people who assume that right of way at a roundabout is given to the person approaching the fastest
You mean it isn't.....
Old 22 December 2015, 02:23 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

I must say when I take the Citroen mobility van out people always give way and mostly ok soon as I take the scoob out I get surrounded by total idiotic morons almost like its a magnet for HATERS!! and this ones not even loud!!
Old 22 December 2015, 02:24 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jameswrx
...People driving in the middle lane...
Funnily enough, the first ever successful prosecution has been metered out.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...middle-5931458

Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja
Not forgetting the people who flash an indicator for 1 second then think they have the right to pull out,!!!
That drives me bandy! Without doubt my biggest motoring-based pet hate.

Last edited by joz8968; 22 December 2015 at 02:30 PM.
Old 22 December 2015, 02:43 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Women drivers. OAP's. Cyclists. Horse riders. Tractors. Dustcarts. Buses. Lorries around my area as roads aren't big enough for them. People driving too slowly forcing me to sit an inch off their bumper trying to get them to speed up. People sitting right on my back bumper trying to get me to speed up. Anyone that happens to be on the same stretch of road that I am on. Merry christmas.
Old 22 December 2015, 03:02 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

People who think that because you drive a Subaru, you must instantly want to race everywhere and everyone, at every opportunity.

People seem to forget how a roundabout works when they get to a mini-roundabout and they just stop, seemingly not knowing what to do.

Old people.
Old 22 December 2015, 03:19 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

People with defective lights, its really hard to check them but numpties still drive around with 1 headlight and no brakelights...

Oh and HID kits/bulbs in standard light fittings, just glare the **** out of everyone ffs

Will add rear fog lights in rain... so many inconsiderate morons, even though they see that they glare/dazzle other drivers, they still have them on...

Last edited by TonyBurns; 22 December 2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 22 December 2015, 03:54 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
People with defective lights, its really hard to check them but numpties still drive around with 1 headlight and no brakelights...

Oh and HID kits/bulbs in standard light fittings, just glare the **** out of everyone ffs

Will add rear fog lights in rain... so many inconsiderate morons, even though they see that they glare/dazzle other drivers, they still have them on...

Those bloody dazzling 'fog' lamps are so rarely actually needed there is a good case for no longer including them as standard equipment. I reckon I have used mine a couple of times in 10 years, and in conditions when they are justified it's best not to go out. And it should be an offence to use them unnecessarily (ie most of the time).
Old 22 December 2015, 04:39 PM
WRXrowdy
Scooby Regular

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Paben
Those bloody dazzling 'fog' lamps are so rarely actually needed there is a good case for no longer including them as standard equipment. I reckon I have used mine a couple of times in 10 years, and in conditions when they are justified it's best not to go out. And it should be an offence to use them unnecessarily (ie most of the time).
I have always been under the impression it was an offence to use them when not needed. It always seems to be French cars that always have them on I have noticed.
Old 22 December 2015, 04:51 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

only done couple three decent length trips recently ( heathrow airport , Southampton etc from sussex)

must say didn't see anything particularly bad , ok the odd bit of impatient undertaking straight from the slip that sort of thing

middle lane , yes, I pass them outside but quite close and then go into slow lane and good half time I see them pull to inside in the rear view

if you live in total lit up streets and then totally lit up bit motorway you can see its not impossible to get it wrong , not problem with mine since comes with sensor

you want try driving some far flung places, its like impeccable here in camparison haha
Old 22 December 2015, 06:09 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I don't think I've ever used the fog lamps on my golf througout the whole period of owning it (8 years). Doesn't have front fogs either..Just bi-xenons and H7 spots to dazzle the f**kers that dazzle me with their badly adjust lights/incorrectly fitted bulbs.

But indeed those with defective lights and especially thouse that don't know how to operate a light switch top my list of idiot drivers.

If you have good lights, you should be able to see them working without needing to look at the switch position (I'll let them off on brake lights as they aren't so easy to check) regardless of how well lit the road is at night. If you can't tell - either your bulbs are blown or worn out (bulbs do wear out and get dimmer with age, or they are cheap and nasties from the market stall) or beam aim's too low. I find its the same mentality of drivers that drive with 10psi in the tyres...the only thing that stop them driving or makes them think about getting their car fixed is when it either fail MOT or breaks down.

Last edited by ALi-B; 22 December 2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 22 December 2015, 06:17 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

the fog lights on my Audi seem to be permanently (independent of any lights - just come on with the ignition) on for the last 3 or 4 years

I used to put electrical tape over them - but recently I have noticed most cars have low mounted front (LED) lights permanently on

so I don't bother any more (they are **** anyway - and don't dazzle tbh)
Old 22 December 2015, 06:26 PM
sprigeteer
Scooby Regular

Here's one that has really pi##ed me of recently. The good Samaritans who let people out at the wrong moment. Like the next person, if its safe and sensible to do so, I will hold back and let someone have the space they need to exit a junction etc - it's about being considerate. But those who let people out and completely muck up the flow of traffic do my nut in. By letting one person out they've caused carnage behind them and seem totally unaware. Merging in turn is another one, especially when the road goes two into one. Bah humbug.
Old 22 December 2015, 06:38 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes that's annoying , fair enough if traffic on main road is at standstill , but slowing too much to let some one out ( because you feel sorry for them or something ), and then another as well omg

especially when the side turning is not far off an unseen bend in the main rd

just backs up main rd for half mile
Old 22 December 2015, 06:42 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Can't believe no one has mentioned a peloton of cyclists riding two abreast in primary position live streaming to YouTube their journey whist shouting at motorists that they have a God given right to use the road how they like.
Old 22 December 2015, 06:45 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Never seen any cyclists ever....saying that I noticed a few scrapes down the side of the van the other day....maybe there are some of them about
Old 22 December 2015, 07:06 PM
1509joe
Scooby Regular

Received 278 Likes on 248 Posts

Making a mad dash out of a side road possibly causing a situation only to indicate for the next turn off
Old 22 December 2015, 07:27 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 1509joe
Making a mad dash out of a side road possibly causing a situation only to indicate for the next turn off
Beat me to it. (How apt lol).
Old 22 December 2015, 07:30 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
All car maufacturers that fit daylight running lights are seriously boiling my ****. And the sodding idiots that buy their cars.

The fit the bloody things, so they illuminate the instrument cluster, ergo the idiots think their lights are on.

HGV's with LED rear lights. The tail lights are bright as ****, it's hardly noticeable when they actually brake.
Old 22 December 2015, 07:31 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 1509joe
Or they dart out and trundle along at 10mph.

Get off the ******* roads, ffs!
Old 22 December 2015, 08:17 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by mickywrx

Maybe we should punish them Russian style

Old 23 December 2015, 10:03 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx

...Yeah, plus that.

Quick Reply: An automotive rant