Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Chronic daily headache and migraine

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2015, 06:49 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Chronic daily headache and migraine

Having been a sufferer for over 25 years, anybody else suffer from these daily headaches and migraines.

I've had every preventative known to man, the one that worked they stop making it, Im due on the 24th to have my 6th 36 injection Botox jabs, don't work but hey ho.

Best thing I have is imigran or sumatriptan,

Just laid in bed with a killer and though I'd vent my steam on here... Bloody things
Old 14 November 2015, 06:59 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You need to learn to chill out dude, try smoking pot, then even if you do still get a headache, you won't care.
Old 14 November 2015, 07:08 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Have the medical profession got any ideas what is causing it?

Is it a migraine?
Old 14 November 2015, 07:38 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
Have the medical profession got any ideas what is causing it?

Is it a migraine?
Nah brain tumour I imagine!
Old 14 November 2015, 08:29 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Genetic they say, if you suffer for 25 years it ain't anything sinister, I'd be dead by now...
Started around when I was 20, they'd shove loads of pills at you, ant depressants, epilepsy , beta blockers

I'm off to see him week after next see what's next on the cards...
Best drug I had was would you believe it based on LSD but they stopped it.... I'm waiting for them to start making it again. And no I'm not gonna buy acid tabs lol
Old 14 November 2015, 08:42 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I symphathise and hope JG was just joking.(some joke though).
Old 14 November 2015, 08:54 PM
The Joshua Tree
Scooby Regular

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

LittleTed

Hows your diet and fitness, do you smoke ?

I have a mate that has suffered from exactly what you have experienced, when it got bad he had to lie down in a dark room and couldn't be around people. He kept going the doctors but didn't get answers, it was just pill after pill and nothing seemed to work. I remember he had these nasal sprays which did help but they wasn't a long term cure, they just helped when he got a bad headache/pain in his head.

What helped him massively was he changed his diet, he did a lot of exercise and got out in the fresh air and gave up smoking. He cut out take aways totally, he eat a lot of salads and pastas, lots of fish like tuna and also plenty of chicken, very little red meat if any. He also took things like cod liver oil, he exercised daily and stuck to his regime. He doesn't drink beer or alcohol very often either, doesn't have coffee or tea as you need to cut out caffeine from what he told me and also chocolate.

He also kept himself hydrated with a lots of water as i remember him drinking a ton of the stuff, apparently dehydration is a big cause of headaches.

From knowing him now to knowing him back then the change has been massive, he suffered from these headaches for around 15 years, now it's rare he gets a bad headache.

Last edited by The Joshua Tree; 14 November 2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 14 November 2015, 09:00 PM
micabluematt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littleted
Having been a sufferer for over 25 years, anybody else suffer from these daily headaches and migraines.

I've had every preventative known to man, the one that worked they stop making it, Im due on the 24th to have my 6th 36 injection Botox jabs, don't work but hey ho.

Just laid in bed with a killer and though I'd vent my steam on here... Bloody things
Alcohol works very well
Old 14 November 2015, 09:26 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One of my ex girlfriends started suffering from these out of the blue after we split up (I'm sure there's potential for a smart comment in there somewhere!) and they persisted for a long time. All sorts of tests done and, like you, she was diagnosed with 'chronic daily migraines' - nothing more. They did disappear in her case thankfully.
Old 14 November 2015, 09:41 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by micabluematt
Alcohol works very well
+1 idiot above.
Old 14 November 2015, 10:26 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted

Sumatriptan stopped working on me whereas imigran (the cheap version) half works still ?
I get 12 per month prescribed but they don't last
100+ co codomols as well

Do you have a pattern of them starting? Mine always start on the left hand side of my head , 24 hours later (if blockers haven't worked) it moves to the right...24 hour later gone. (This can happen twice in a week )

******* **** life to live, even worse being self employed and having a young family
Doctors.....waste of ******* time "eat anti depressants " , eh? ******* clowns are to lazy to do anything .
In 5/6 years I've had a brain scan and that's the lot , no offer of anything else just a prescription .....lazy ****
Old 15 November 2015, 10:33 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Joshua Tree
LittleTed

Hows your diet and fitness, do you smoke ?

I have a mate that has suffered from exactly what you have experienced, when it got bad he had to lie down in a dark room and couldn't be around people. He kept going the doctors but didn't get answers, it was just pill after pill and nothing seemed to work. I remember he had these nasal sprays which did help but they wasn't a long term cure, they just helped when he got a bad headache/pain in his head.

What helped him massively was he changed his diet, he did a lot of exercise and got out in the fresh air and gave up smoking. He cut out take aways totally, he eat a lot of salads and pastas, lots of fish like tuna and also plenty of chicken, very little red meat if any. He also took things like cod liver oil, he exercised daily and stuck to his regime. He doesn't drink beer or alcohol very often either, doesn't have coffee or tea as you need to cut out caffeine from what he told me and also chocolate.

He also kept himself hydrated with a lots of water as i remember him drinking a ton of the stuff, apparently dehydration is a big cause of headaches.

From knowing him now to knowing him back then the change has been massive, he suffered from these headaches for around 15 years, now it's rare he gets a bad headache.
Fitness not great overweight by a stone and half I only weigh 14.5 I am going to the gym and have been so it'll start showing in the next 6 to 12 months.

Diets not bad, However it's not good as ya mates, I could change and should really, no patterns but beer and curry don't help..

Never smoked and don't drink, only have beer when it's lads night.

But some ideas that josh.

Last edited by Littleted; 15 November 2015 at 10:37 AM.
Old 15 November 2015, 10:35 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Sumatriptan stopped working on me whereas imigran (the cheap version) half works still ?
I get 12 per month prescribed but they don't last
100+ co codomols as well

Do you have a pattern of them starting? Mine always start on the left hand side of my head , 24 hours later (if blockers haven't worked) it moves to the right...24 hour later gone. (This can happen twice in a week )

******* **** life to live, even worse being self employed and having a young family
Doctors.....waste of ******* time "eat anti depressants " , eh? ******* clowns are to lazy to do anything .
In 5/6 years I've had a brain scan and that's the lot , no offer of anything else just a prescription .....lazy ****
Sumatriptan is immigran however I know what you mean, I was on immigran radis but they moved me to sumatriptan cos it's same but cheaper like Asda aspin is to anadin and I also get 12 a month but don't take anything else co codomonl is bad and has bad rebounds and give piles and costapation
Mine are all right side and I wake most morning with one , soon as I stand up and shower I can feel them building, like blood pressure they will either go or get worse or just nag... Hate em

Last edited by Littleted; 15 November 2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 15 November 2015, 11:45 AM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Good fun arn't they.....not
My Mrs got one 5-6 months ago for the first time in her life, she was in bed 2 days and asked me how I cope with them .
Being self employed I just 'put up with them' nowadays and carry on the best I can , the really bad ones will wake me up in the early hours which to be honest I prefer.... Gives me chance to take a pill and try and get half hours sleep whilst they start working .
I'd rather have tooth ache , broken bones ....anything other than migraine
Plug in air freshners instantly set me off, if I'm working on occupied houses I walk round and unplug them
Old 15 November 2015, 01:07 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Ok being serious this time.

When I get a migraine,about once every couple of months thankfully, first thing I do is 2 paracetamols and a big glass of water, then I jump in the shower, quite hot and have it hitting my head and neck, I also stick my thumb in the little indentation at the base of my skull press hard and massage it and my temples.

I find this helps me, I guess it's because it gets the blood flowing, if it's a really bad one and a little persistent I get in the shower again and then go to bed while the pills take effect, no lights and no sound or people around, quite often I assume the fetal position or get on my knees with head between legs, pillow over head, anything just to find the smallest amount of relief and always rubbing my head, pinching the brow of my nose, the list goes on, best thing that can happen is I fall back to sleep.

Like above I tend to think mine are related to dehydration more than anything and sometimes stress, lots of water and a bit of a detox seems to keep them at bay.
Old 15 November 2015, 01:59 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Sudafed nasel spray helps a bit , but as like the co codomols once you start you are on it for good
Old 15 November 2015, 05:16 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I hate co-codamol, it almost instantly constipates me...in fact I'll probably be constipated tomorrow just for TYPING it

I now take Di-Hydro-Codeine, which, for some reason, doesn't have that effect. I USED to take Co-Proxamol, which were excellent, then ended up on Morphine when Andy know-it-all Burnham and co removed Co-Prox from the market, but I had to go off morphine as I was sleeping my life away.

If Burnham ever comes near here, I WILL punch the guy out!
Old 15 November 2015, 05:50 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Coproxamol were the daddys, I remember hitting myself in the head with a pair of pliers, long story, and having a splitting headache, girlfriend at the time gave me 2 coproxamol and I couldn't feel my whole body.
Old 15 November 2015, 06:26 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I hate co-codamol, it almost instantly constipates me...in fact I'll probably be constipated tomorrow just for TYPING it

I now take Di-Hydro-Codeine, which, for some reason, doesn't have that effect. I USED to take Co-Proxamol, which were excellent, then ended up on Morphine when Andy know-it-all Burnham and co removed Co-Prox from the market, but I had to go off morphine as I was sleeping my life away.

If Burnham ever comes near here, I WILL punch the guy out!
made me laugh....
Ive had 2 of the best guys in the UK on tap to help me with them, Codeine is bad for rebounds after only 3 days, and as you say constipated or what which in turn causes the grapes to appear.

I remember once my grapes were that bad i had to go to A n E you can see me whispering to lady behind glass, ive got Piles. anyway i went into a line of beds and they said the nurse will be with u soon, FFS it was my mates wife, i was ****ting it, luckly she wasn't doing me....

ANyway to cut a long story short surgeon came shoved me in a shoe cupboard 3 injections in my Japs eye and cut it out... never had them since.... nasty things though used to hurt driving...

i think fitness and diet may sort mine, i just need to pull me finger out...

I'm with you Donny mate, luckily i work at home most of the time, its a godsend otherwise id probably be sacked by now...
Old 16 November 2015, 05:26 AM
baz999
Scooby Regular

Codeine can make your headache or migraine worse if you regularly.
It can cause a medication induce headache.
Are you using it a lot?
Old 16 November 2015, 07:05 AM
Lillyart14
Scooby Regular

Migraine's run in my family, courtesy of my mother's side. She used to get chronic migraine's and always had to wear sunglasses, even when indoors or it was dark out. I get bad one's myself, usually every couple of weeks and they last all day and sometimes into the next day.

The ONLY thing I found that remotely works are the 55p packets of paracetamol you can get from Tesco. The little blue boxes you'll find next to the hard and expensive stuff. Each tablet is 500mg so I usually pop 4 of the buggers, lay down in a dark room, place a cold/damp flannel on my forehead and close my eyes. More often than not, it'll start to clear within a couple of hours and I can slowly start to get my day back on track. Give them a try, you never know...

Hope this helps!!
Old 16 November 2015, 08:11 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have also had migraines since I was a teenager - They tended to be in clusters .Invariably after exercise .
I have been on blood thinners and anti clotting medication for CHD and since taking the meds no migraines.
Try daily aspirin , Brilinta and Crestor.
I believe - no proof though , that micro blood clots cause arterial blockages in the brain , resulting in a migraine. The medication above eliminates or minimizes these clots.
Old 16 November 2015, 08:34 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobJenks
I have also had migraines since I was a teenager - They tended to be in clusters .Invariably after exercise .
I have been on blood thinners and anti clotting medication for CHD and since taking the meds no migraines.
Try daily aspirin , Brilinta and Crestor.
I believe - no proof though , that micro blood clots cause arterial blockages in the brain , resulting in a migraine. The medication above eliminates or minimizes these clots.
I'd go along with that theory because getting the blood flowing in my head seems to help me, so there's probably some truth in it for some sufferers.
Old 16 November 2015, 08:59 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Yeah asprin is a good point.

One thing that youll all know is when we get these MF, your digestion stops, so sometimes what i find is if you've had your Imigran and pills and still no change, take an Alka Seltzer XS within 35mins its gone...

I'm gonna try the asprin route too see what happens. Just get Nose bleeds then LOL
Old 16 November 2015, 09:31 AM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

Try seeing a cranial osteopath. It worked well for the chap at work who has cluster headaches.
Old 16 November 2015, 09:39 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

A few years ago I went through an 8 month period of having severe headache and dizziness. From the moment i opened my eyes to the minute I went to sleep it was one big headache. Had episodes of falling down the pain was so bad sometimes....had tests, saw countless doctors and they could not find anything wrong....after much debate they said all they can think of was stress....I did not feel stressed so dismissed it. Pain continued and one day I was fed up so gave a thought to what did bother me in my life, that could cause stress, known or unknown, and came up with a few things. Made some slight adjustments and the headache went....I remember waking up one day with no headache and the relief was so great I actually cried.
Old 16 November 2015, 07:04 PM
dazsti72
Scooby Regular

I find deep heat helps.
When sprayed directly into the eyeballs it will not cure the migraine but takes your mind off it..
Old 16 November 2015, 08:32 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Ear piercing is the cure if you want to believe the Daily Mail.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...headaches.html
Old 16 November 2015, 10:31 PM
hedgecutter
Scooby Regular

Received 641 Likes on 467 Posts

Long shot, but ever been bitten by ticks ? They are a hazard of my job, and over the years I have suffered from various strange aches, tendon problems and migraines, with blurred vision. After 4 more bites this sept, during a cold, I had multiple symptoms of constant headache, neck and jaw pain, random aches in all joints and immune collapse, now being treated for Lyme disease; hard to diagnose, harder to be rid of the longer it`s left.
Also, Mrs H is a sports masseur, and neck/back tension, from stress/driving/overloading the arms can defo cause headaches... Good luck... constant headaches are the worst thing to put up with
Old 16 November 2015, 10:48 PM
Hatch WRX
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try seeing a physio to work on your neck, shoulders & back. Should also help with posture .....all of which may alleviate pressure & stress build up causing headaches.
This has worked for me & others.

Quick Reply: Chronic daily headache and migraine