Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Real FX Racing or Anki Overdrive slotless racing sets?

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2015, 12:13 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Question Real FX Racing or Anki Overdrive slotless racing sets?

Anyone else seen these slotless racing sets? My children have shown an interest in the adverts on TV and they look a damn site more fun than Scalextric (of which I have loads).

I'm looking into which is the better of the 2 manufacturers and sets on offer but wondered if anyone here has used either/bought them for their children?

I remember TCR as a kid and thought it was the coolest thing ever Christmas Day until after 4 hours it broke and my Dad took it back and exchanged it for Scalextric
Old 08 November 2015, 12:19 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i,d never seen these but they both look fun! anki overdrive would be my choice based on the videos ive watched but you do need to use a smartphone or tablet/ipod to run the app but it does seem to offer more gameplay and interaction. most kids have a tablet or phone/ ipod im guessing anyway.
Old 20 November 2015, 10:44 AM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Yeah the Anki system does look good but it's pretty limited on tablet compatibility as requires bluetooth 4 which is on later products and therefore expensive. I've contacted them and they think Hudl 2 will work and sent me the app if I want to try it with a guarantee if it doesn't work they will give me a refund if I buy direct from them. It's also bloody expensive.

The RealFX system is much more like radio controlled cars with the handset which i'm leaning towards however the extras aren't out yet and calling the customer support line is pretty vague on the products, guessing it's just a hired call centre which know very little.

Going to have to watch more videos I think before deciding.
Old 20 November 2015, 12:31 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

hmmm. pity about the bluetooth issue, makes it a gamble as to wether it would work or not with your brand of tablet/fone. maybe realfx is the way to go.
Old 27 December 2015, 06:04 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Got both. Anki is very impessive tech wise and Real FX is basically 2 rc cars and a track with auto and maual modes and race configs. The kids have spent equal time playing both.

Anki also has worked on phones/tablets not on the compatibility list but meet the minimum requirements which I was very pleased with.