Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A question for cat lovers, or even cat haters.

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2015, 04:01 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default A question for cat lovers, or even cat haters.

How ON EARTH do I stop one of the local cats using my back garden as it's personal toilet????????

It doesn't bury it, just leaves it on the lawn. Cutting the grass I've disturbed one lot and trodden in two others. it's fukcing disgusting, stinks to high heaven, my trainers have had to be washed.

Before I do something lots of you won't like, any advice?

Because I WILL stop it..........

And please..........no stuff about lion ****..........
Old 21 April 2015, 04:06 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Old 21 April 2015, 04:17 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.forwallpaper.com/wallpape...ds-158485.html

Old 21 April 2015, 04:21 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

cats hate strong smelling things.......

lavender
lemon
coffee
orange rind
pepper
curry plant
moth *****

also they hate water so either amuse yourself with a super soaker or get a sprinkler
Old 21 April 2015, 04:49 PM
Pross
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a bigger cat.
Old 21 April 2015, 06:19 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone's gotta....

£50 shotgun cert
£50 old side by side off gun trader

BTW I have a Bengal before the cat lovers come for me and she's spot on....still a house cat though
Old 21 April 2015, 06:22 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

This sounds disgusting but i think the way to do it is put down another cats sh*t.
That apparently stops them from doing it more.

Can you find out who the cats belongs to? If it was me and i knew whos cat it was i'd march round there and kindly explain that if it carries on then you will take matters into your own hands. It would drive me mad!

Many years ago when i was living at my parents they had an issue with the neighbours cat doing this in their front garden, but they couldnt prove it was their neighbour and they wouldnt let me go round there and sort it out !

Ended up getting some cat poo pellets or something, put them down then it buggered off.

I hate cats.

Trending Topics

Old 21 April 2015, 06:23 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

cats are normally far cleaner than dogs.....
Old 21 April 2015, 06:24 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Oh yes i forgot, in my first house this cat kept coming into my garden and pissing on our garden ornaments.
I caught it in the act a couple times, so got my hose out, switched it to jet and blasted it.
It worked, never caught it doing it again.
Old 21 April 2015, 06:25 PM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1
cats are normally far cleaner than dogs.....
If someones dog takes a dump in your garden watch the uproar it causes.

For some reason people think its acceptable for their cat to do it.
Its not!
Old 21 April 2015, 07:00 PM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Easy to stop a dog. No so easy to stop a cat though!

Water spray, keep spraying it, it'll soon get the message!
Old 21 April 2015, 07:01 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

lol

Don't see many cats doing that!

They are private.And I love cats,dogs,donkeys,horses,snails ,spiders etc etc

Dont know where the hate comes from??!
Old 21 April 2015, 07:23 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Cats are bloody awful things. People think it's fine to kick 'em out when they need a dump and they wander off where they like and leave their **** for someone else to clear up.
As said, if I allowed my dog to take a crap in someone else's garden all hell would let loose.
Next door to me has 3 cats, two doors up the other way there's another, and a further two doors up there's another three. One of them got run over a few months back and lost a leg. Sad that.
Should have been its head.
Old 21 April 2015, 07:42 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from the bedroom window, i saw as a cat curled one out on the opposite side of the road on the kerb, sniffed it and then walked off.

the cats around here **** on the grass, the stones along the side of the house, on the paths, anywhere they like tbh.

sometimes i think when i'm servicing my car, and changing the coolant, i might forget to clean up all the antifreez
Old 21 April 2015, 10:25 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1
Dont know where the hate comes from??!
Brilliant question, Loz.

FAO Alcazar, just find an arm chair, sit in it with a water pistol in your hand in between your DIY disasters, wait for them to turn up, and when you see them approaching, just soak the little rascals! That's all what you need to do. Bit of an entertainment for you, which may even prove to be quite therapeutic for your discomfort due to your DIY project failures.

Seriously, easy, and please don't give those little creatures hard time. I know that deep down inside, you actually like cats.
Old 22 April 2015, 09:33 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

We've got a major problem with cats in our back garden, the neighbours on both sides have at least two cats + there are a fair few other local moggies that seem to wander in and out. Fortunately they tend to leave the parts of the garden with more established shrubbery alone but what is annoying is that they like to use our raised vegetable beds as their favoured toilet area. Pretty disgusting and we want to grow stuff to eat in there.

The other big issue I have with it is that we have two young children and we like to let them loose in the garden where possible but they doing like doing a bit of digging in the soil from time to time and the youngest still likes to put things in her mouth. This worries me as you can get toxoplasmosis from cat sh*t which can be pretty bad for young children.

Anyway I've now got a BB gun from which I fire airsoft pellets at them, enough to make them feel like they've been stung by something but not causing any actual damage to them. So far the ones that have been hit a few times now seem to be staying out of the garden and if they do wander back in again a single reminder seems to be enough to keep them away for a few more months. Basic guns don't cost much and you can do a bit of target practice first to fine tune your skills.
Old 22 April 2015, 09:39 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Graz
We've got a major problem with cats in our back garden, the neighbours on both sides have at least two cats + there are a fair few other local moggies that seem to wander in and out. Fortunately they tend to leave the parts of the garden with more established shrubbery alone but what is annoying is that they like to use our raised vegetable beds as their favoured toilet area. Pretty disgusting and we want to grow stuff to eat in there.

The other big issue I have with it is that we have two young children and we like to let them loose in the garden where possible but they doing like doing a bit of digging in the soil from time to time and the youngest still likes to put things in her mouth. This worries me as you can get toxoplasmosis from cat sh*t which can be pretty bad for young children.

Anyway I've now got a BB gun from which I fire airsoft pellets at them, enough to make them feel like they've been stung by something but not causing any actual damage to them. So far the ones that have been hit a few times now seem to be staying out of the garden and if they do wander back in again a single reminder seems to be enough to keep them away for a few more months. Basic guns don't cost much and you can do a bit of target practice first to fine tune your skills.
:-(

Its a living thing
Old 22 April 2015, 09:39 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Barxy
If someones dog takes a dump in your garden watch the uproar it causes.

For some reason people think its acceptable for their cat to do it.
Its not!
It is, you just don't think it is. One's fact the other's opinion and a dumb one at that
Old 22 April 2015, 09:42 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Some really awful posts on here
Old 22 April 2015, 10:11 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
It is, you just don't think it is. One's fact the other's opinion and a dumb one at that
Is there not some legal basis behind that comment? I have some vague recollection that legally there is in fact a difference.
Old 22 April 2015, 10:12 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I tried lots of things, none of them worked, we've had a cat lady move in a few doors down, you scare one off the others move in for a dump. Spraying them with the hose is the best fun. A friend bought a motion sensing cat scarer that sprays them and I'd get one of those if I could get in the garden myself without getting soaked.

I allegedly collected the **** in a bucket and dumped it on her drive.
Old 22 April 2015, 10:34 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Hmmm, not much help so far.

The soaking thing is OK, but it's coming at night and a) I'm not sitting up, b) I can't see the damned thing.

What are these motion sensor soakers?
Old 22 April 2015, 10:40 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
Is there not some legal basis behind that comment? I have some vague recollection that legally there is in fact a difference.
The law relating to the trespass of domestic animals is contained in the Animals Act 1971. However, cats enjoy a unique position as the Animals Act 1971 does not apply to them. A cat cannot, therefore, in law trespass. As a cat cannot trespass its owner cannot be legally responsible for what their cat does outside of their property.

You can try and sue your neighbour on the basis of a public nuisance, but there has been no recorded successful case of a public nuisance charge sticking when brought about a cat fouling a private garden.

So.... end of argument

Last edited by f1_fan; 22 April 2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 22 April 2015, 10:40 AM
Barxy
Scooby Regular

Maybe set up a load of mouse traps
Old 22 April 2015, 10:44 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Graz

I can feel history about to repeat itself....

... do you think this is a good example to set to your kids? How do you think it will affect their personalities in the future?
Old 22 April 2015, 10:55 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
What are these motion sensor soakers?
PestBye Jet Spray Repeller Motion Activated Animal Deterrent: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors PestBye Jet Spray Repeller Motion Activated Animal Deterrent: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors
Old 22 April 2015, 11:10 AM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As someone said above, cats dislike strong smelling things......
Try squirting a bit of lemon juice around the garden and see if that works. Our cat kept clawing my new sofas, but ive given them a light spraying of lemon juice and it doesn't touch them now. Obviously you might need a bit more for a whole garden! but worth a shot....
Old 22 April 2015, 11:12 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Barxy
Maybe set up a load of mouse traps
Get a cat far better at dealing with rodents.
Old 22 April 2015, 11:26 AM
Vodkaa
Scooby Newbie

I love the bb gun idea, the real problem is the cat owners who just let the little ****s roam free, if a cat come into my garden there is a good chance it would be skinned alive.

Stupid owners need to learn to keep the damn things indoors, or get a lead and walk them when they need to ****e.
Old 22 April 2015, 11:27 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alcazar
How ON EARTH do I stop one of the local cats using my back garden as it's personal toilet????????

It doesn't bury it, just leaves it on the lawn. Cutting the grass I've disturbed one lot and trodden in two others. it's fukcing disgusting, stinks to high heaven, my trainers have had to be washed.

Before I do something lots of you won't like, any advice?

Because I WILL stop it..........

And please..........no stuff about lion ****..........
I hate it too, but I can't really see you will stop it.
Kill one cat, and another will appear no doubt.
One of my neighbours has one of those dopey high pitched cat detergents - doesn't really seem to help her

What about one of these?

http://www.cat-traps.co.uk/

Quick Reply: A question for cat lovers, or even cat haters.