Might vote lib dem

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2015, 08:19 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Might vote lib dem

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31141549

so, to pay things back there going to raise tax, at last a party that isn't totaly living in a dream world of 'we can pay things back by not spending as much, we dont need extra tax'
Old 05 February 2015, 11:45 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Aye, vote for a mob who have offered the moon for years, just to get seats, knowing they would never have to provide...dishonest, is the word you need.

Vote for a mob that, when they DID share power, IMMEDIATELY went back on BOTH their major election promises.

SCUM.
Old 05 February 2015, 12:05 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Aye, vote for a mob who have offered the moon for years, just to get seats, knowing they would never have to provide...dishonest, is the word you need.

Vote for a mob that, when they DID share power, IMMEDIATELY went back on BOTH their major election promises.

SCUM.
sorry which party are you refering to? cant see anything that seperates any of them from what you aid,,,, lol
Old 05 February 2015, 12:59 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that is your opinion of politics, why are you considering voting Lib Dem based on policy that you believe they'll never deliver?
Old 05 February 2015, 01:00 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
If that is your opinion of politics, why are you considering voting Lib Dem based on policy that you believe they'll never deliver?
was more a flippant post, but admittting a tax increase is needed is a good first step
Old 05 February 2015, 01:13 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31141549

so, to pay things back there going to raise tax, at last a party that isn't totaly living in a dream world of 'we can pay things back by not spending as much, we dont need extra tax'

Just kick out all the benefit stealing immigrants, and Tax can stay the same.

Less money needed for NHS, Education, Welfare, and housing. Lots of problems solved all at once.
Old 05 February 2015, 02:00 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

If public bodies were more efficient then tax rises wouldn't be needed.
Old 05 February 2015, 03:49 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

You mean the ones who put more in than they take out, of course

Last week our local rag had an Eastern European fined big time for stealing benefits...so he's here to work, isn't he?
Old 05 February 2015, 06:15 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

No party will ever tell the electorate their taxes will rise.

Or that their houses won't go up

Political suicide / honest talk
Old 05 February 2015, 06:19 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

any party that get's the likes of costa etc to pay 15% corp tax gets my vote, but it will never happen, it has been said that if they all payed 15|% no one earning under 25k a year would have to pay tax
Old 05 February 2015, 09:59 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
any party that get's the likes of costa etc to pay 15% corp tax gets my vote, but it will never happen, it has been said that if they all payed 15|% no one earning under 25k a year would have to pay tax
This^^^^ but the media and the government have demonised all benefit claimants as scum and all immigrants as asylum seeking benefit thieves and then we get posts like number 6 here.
Old 05 February 2015, 10:17 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

No, what he said was:

And as I pointed out, there ARE benefit stealing immigrants...they need to go.

In FACT, NO immigrant should be ON benefits...they are SUPPOSED to be here to work, aren't they?
Old 05 February 2015, 10:23 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

No, what he said was:

And as I pointed out, there ARE benefit stealing immigrants...they need to go.

In FACT, NO immigrant should be ON benefits...they are SUPPOSED to be here to work, aren't they?
I think the point is though that the benefit stealing immigrants' burden on our system is insignificant compared to the tax avoided by the big corporations so maybe your ire should be directed there first.

My point is that it isn't directed there because of the media and the government's propaganda and demonisation of certain sections of society. Of course it doesn't suit Osborne and Cameron to bite the hand that feeds does it now, benefit receiving scum are fair game however!
Old 05 February 2015, 10:25 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
Would that be the same Costa that is owned by Whitbread who do pay corporation and have campaigned for certain other coffee chains ie Starbucks to pay their fair share.
Old 05 February 2015, 10:26 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Would you work if there's free cash here?

We are talking about EU migrants I hope
Old 05 February 2015, 10:31 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by f1_fan
I think the point is though that the benefit stealing immigrants' burden on our system is insignificant compared to the tax avoided by the big corporations so maybe your ire should be directed there first.

My point is that it isn't directed there because of the media and the government's propaganda and demonisation of certain sections of society. Of course it doesn't suit Osborne and Cameron to bite the hand that feeds does it now, benefit receiving scum are fair game however!
Watching Saints and Scroungers it's quite cynical the number of times Matt Allwright preaches how benefit cheats are stealing our money, money that would be building schools and hospitals. I wouldn't mind but they're shutting schools and hospitals in my area! What he should say is money that would be spent on MPs expenses and tax breaks for the corporations.
Old 05 February 2015, 10:54 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Maz
Watching Saints and Scroungers it's quite cynical the number of times Matt Allwright preaches how benefit cheats are stealing our money, money that would be building schools and hospitals. I wouldn't mind but they're shutting schools and hospitals in my area! What he should say is money that would be spent on MPs expenses and tax breaks for the corporations.
Yep, one can only wonder why the media seem to be doing the government's dirty work for them these days. It's almost as if some report full of recommendations to clip their wings was published and they struck a deal to preach the government message if the government put the report in the bin, but that would never happen in our fair and wonderful land would it?
Old 06 February 2015, 07:44 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

why is it a discussion about tax having to go up to cover debt ends up in imigrant bashing? you all voting UKIP?
Old 06 February 2015, 01:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

But no....big corporations employ loads of UK people who DO pay tax.

Your scrounging immigrant is a taker, just a taker.
Old 06 February 2015, 01:18 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

i work with at least 8 'imigrants' who have live in the uk for a few years, never claimed benefits and pay tax's.

think you have a very biased view in imigration.
Old 06 February 2015, 01:29 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Sorry but you have perspective issues here.
Old 06 February 2015, 05:41 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Tidgy: I mentioned one immigrant from Scunthorpe recently done for stealing benefits. He exists. there will be others.

My point is simple: they are supposed to be here to work, NOT TAKE ANY FORM OF BENEFIT, INTO WHICH THEY HAVE NOT PAID.

I have nothing against those who work..except I',m not overly kean on those who do the jobs our youth could do...for less money, so stealing jobs

And yes, I have examples of that too.

f1: What perspective?

Those companies may owe many millions of tax, but that's between them and our bottleless, dishonest, looking for directorships, government.

What is without doubt is that their employees DO pay in huge sums of tax, income, Vat, fuel, etc etc etc every year. No employment: no tax, more on benefits.

It's like being between a rock and a hard place.

Would I like to see NO tax avoidance? YES!

Is it ever going to happen, given the amount of laws governing it, the shysters who run the companies and those who help them avoid tax? NO!

Is the government serious about tax avoidance? For the little man, YES!!! For big companies. NO!

Since they provide employment, and government aren't serious about their tax habits, why should I bother?

I'm FAR more worried about what appears to be an attitude which says it's OK for immigrants to come here and claim benefits, benefits neither we NOR THEY would get in their own country.
And it STILL seems OK for them to come here and do the jobs our youth would do, given the chance, for less money.

Somehow, we have got it wrong.

MY priorities don't come into it...it's the government's priorities that we need to worry about.
Old 06 February 2015, 06:12 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

OK, so on the face of it the Diverted Profits Tax due to come into force in a few months (first announced in Osborne's Autumn statement) seems to do exactly what several posters in this thread have said needs to be done, re. big corporations paying a proportionate amount of tax. I'm wondering though how come this got so little publicity at the time?

http://www.tax-news.com/news/CBI_Urg...____67179.html

Last edited by markjmd; 06 February 2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06 February 2015, 06:18 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

any party that sorts out the below would get my vote all day long
1 any immigrant (regardless of where they come from) would only get the same benefits as they would of got in their home country if they have no job to come to
2 anyone on benefits found to be pregnant as of 07/02/2015 with their 3rd or more child will recieve no additional benefits
3 any company wishing to trade in the uk(regardless of where their head office is) will pay corp tax at 18% or bugger off,
of course this will never happen as the state needs unemployed as they vote,and of course will vote for whichever party lines their pocket the most, and the mp's are probably shareholders in the companies avoiding paying corp tax.
Old 06 February 2015, 08:39 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Aye...and you might be surprised at how many ex-ministers end up with lucrative directorships from those self-same companies....