Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A5 the most policed road in the uk

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2002, 09:05 PM
paul corrigan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it was 1030 on a wed night the road was quiet very dark and very well protected.how meny criminals are there in this rural area at this time to warrent 12 coppers
2 in a volvo 8 on bikes and 2 in a LDV 3.5t
the criminals are SPEEDERS yes thats how meny it takes to catch these dangerous people in a rural area, they must be on hedgehog protection week because that was the only other thing out on this road at that time.
what a waste of my taxes there must be more dangerous things happening at this time of night
the amount of kit in the unmarked LDV was unbelevable .its a white L reg. with no markings ,so all you local criminals (SPEEDERS)near the A5 watch out
ok speeding is not clever but at this time in that sort of place is uncalled for
CATCH THE REAL VILLANS COPPERS
Old 31 May 2002, 09:14 PM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

I'm sure there would have been more but the Police are short on resources

Ha Ha Ha...
Old 31 May 2002, 09:20 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Well, now I can sleep well at night knowing that I will not be harmed by speeders in a rural village. All that I have to worry about now are your usual murderers, carjackers, burglars and rapists. Good to know that my tax money is put to good use.

Oh, shall we have a group raid on the bank tommorrow? I doubt they'll ever catch us....
Old 31 May 2002, 09:42 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

The police are the new Dick Turpin. The fines they get from "speeding motorists" is highway robbery [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Incidently, the A628 Stocksbridge bypass Sheffield - Manchester, claimed another life this week. That road IS a hazard by the sheer nature of its design (3 lanes with double white lines on one side where people STILL overtake on blind bends etc). Guess what a senior South Yorks officer said today in the press ? "The road is not dangerous, it only claims 2 deaths or injuries per annum and doesn't warrant any safety measures as such"
Well blow me down, why the hell then do officers from the same force set up speed traps on safe roads where the accident rate is none existant ? They claim that "speed enforcement" in these areas helps reduce accidents and deaths. Contradiction in terms here I feel. Its more like setting up traps in order to catch more motorists in order to rake in more money. ITS CALLED SPEED TAX and this government and the do-gooders condone it.

Climbs down off soap box.

Yorkie
Old 31 May 2002, 10:55 PM
scooby_si
Scooby Regular

Er da A5 is a pretty damn long road so it's nice 2 c the resources aint spread too thin
Si
Old 01 June 2002, 01:12 AM
paul corrigan
Scooby Regular

they were just after the weaton aston turning the traps were set for trafic going towards telford
there were no villages or anything about
they probably chose this quiet isolated area because its easier to sleep without trafic noise
Old 01 June 2002, 06:05 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Got my ABD newsletter this morning. Some statistics I found interesting:

Road deaths in the uk 3500
Deaths from infections contracted in hospitals 5500

And yet, where do the government spend most money to reduce deaths?
Old 01 June 2002, 07:32 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

...not only that, but it is now a FACT that GATSOs actually kill more people than if they weren't there ! See http://www.northantsnew.co.uk/ref/ma...at.asp?ID=8394 and visit http://www.abd.org.uk/ for more fascinating information.

mb