Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone remember my posts struggling with a newborn ?

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2014, 07:41 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone remember my posts struggling with a newborn ?

Well he's 5 today .. how scary is that
Old 09 May 2014, 09:01 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My little lad turned 3 in March. He's about the size of a 5 year old though
Old 09 May 2014, 09:03 AM
BLU
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Time flys eh

My eldest as 17 and youngest nearly 9!!
Old 09 May 2014, 09:11 AM
Graz
Scooby Regular

I know the feeling, our first born just turned 3 and is much easier now and more importantly sleeps for 12 hours straight pretty much every night. Problem is we had another and she's 1 in June. She was sleeping well but after a bout of colds, chest/ear infections etc. now keeps waking during the night, generally ending up in our bed, and then waking early (05:00 this morning). We should probably go down the controlled crying route and get her to settle herself much like we did with our boy, problem is we don't want her screaming the place down in the middle of the night and waking him up.

Also remembering what a pain it is when they first get mobile and they want everything they're not supposed to have - phones, remotes, drinks, fiddling with the AV stuff, and don't understand the word NO!
Old 09 May 2014, 09:41 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't realise you had it in you Pimmo Time does seem to go quickly these days and out of my friends that do have kids, they tell me all how fast they grow up.
Old 09 May 2014, 10:14 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

My youngest is 18 months. On her feet, into everything and goes down at 9 and up at 7 with no waking. I'd like to bring the going down to about 8.

Eldest is 12 and has been amazing with her sister. As some of you know I'm on my own and I wouldn't have been able to cope at all without my eldest and the support she gives me. I'm careful not to have her doing it all and make sure she has her own time.

I'm pretty sure I had post natal. Couldn't get my head round the baby at all. Did everything I could to get my mum or the wifes family to have her. I recently made a "friend" who kind of laced me a bit for what I was doing and pushed me to have her all the time. Now I look back and am surprised I didn't realise what I was doing.

Now if she's away for a day or so I miss her and can't wait for her to come home.
Old 09 May 2014, 10:39 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Mine is 11 months and sleeps from 7 till 7 every day since he was 9 weeks old. Easy life!
Old 09 May 2014, 10:43 AM
Carnut
Scooby Regular

My Harry(5) has been of school all week because he has chicken pox and I am a disabled waste of space. In short if somebody doesn't give him something to do and get him out of my face I think I am going to scream. I love him to bits but come on he's pacing up and down and wearing the carpet out.
Old 09 May 2014, 11:55 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
My youngest is 18 months. On her feet, into everything and goes down at 9 and up at 7 with no waking. I'd like to bring the going down to about 8.

Eldest is 12 and has been amazing with her sister. As some of you know I'm on my own and I wouldn't have been able to cope at all without my eldest and the support she gives me. I'm careful not to have her doing it all and make sure she has her own time.

I'm pretty sure I had post natal. Couldn't get my head round the baby at all. Did everything I could to get my mum or the wifes family to have her. I recently made a "friend" who kind of laced me a bit for what I was doing and pushed me to have her all the time. Now I look back and am surprised I didn't realise what I was doing.

Now if she's away for a day or so I miss her and can't wait for her to come home.
You've had it harder than most, Edd, and it's a credit to yourself that you're coming out the other end as well as you have
Old 09 May 2014, 12:25 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

My lad settles at around 2 and gets up with a struggle at midday

Mind you he is 26

dl
Old 09 May 2014, 02:07 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Well folks with the young ones.
They get very expensive later in life.
Old 09 May 2014, 05:13 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
My lad settles at around 2 and gets up with a struggle at midday

Mind you he is 26

dl

My lad doesn't sleep at all at night time. Not my problem, as his work has to put up with him all night.

He's also 26, mind.

This thread does make me think of those days when as an infant he kept me awake with his whinging and crying on many a nights. my mother was God-sent to me, then.

Originally Posted by urban
Well folks with the young ones.
They get very expensive later in life.
Yes, and they also lose their cuteness later in life. They're no more at your disposal, and their own agenda is more important to them than the hands that rocked their cradle at their littlehood. You get made redundant, and other things/people become their priority. That's the time you home cats, in order to fulfil the need for similar affection in your life.

I'm only part-joking. Actually, your kids remain cute forever to you even after losing their lapdog style love for you when their world revolved around you. It's a good thing that they're independent with their own agenda. You can't go around them holding their finger forever.

So basically, your kids are always cute, even if they are 50 or above one day, and you're always there for them; like a lighthouse standing all tall and unconditional in the sea. Well, until you snuff it, of course.

Cats are also your kids if you're a cat lover. That should go without saying, but I thought I'd say, anyway.
Old 09 May 2014, 05:18 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

He's not yours.
Old 09 May 2014, 05:25 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
He's not yours.

Exactly, if you look at it with open eyes. He's his, really. From the moment I made him arrive on this earth, that is. Applicable to all parents.
Old 09 May 2014, 07:15 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000

Happy Birthday.

It's a good age, I have two boys a little older than that. At this age they're great fun, they have a sense of humour, you can play sport with them and they come out with hilarious things. Enjoy
Old 09 May 2014, 08:37 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Me and the Mrs are expecting our first in 4 weeks
Old 09 May 2014, 10:37 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by Aaron1978
Me and the Mrs are expecting our first in 4 weeks
Let me know if you need to know anything mate.
Married twice. Oldest son 44 this year.
Second marriage Sons of 20, 19 and 16. One induced, one natural and one out through the sunroof.

Take my advice, the room where a birth is taking place is NOT for chaps. Chaps should be scarce, preferably nursing a pint. I like my babies clean, wrapped and handed to me.
Old 09 May 2014, 10:40 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Congratulations Pimmo! My two turned 6 this year, no idea where all the time has gone...

Edd, I can't imagine how hard it's been and I couldn't do what you have done
Old 10 May 2014, 12:30 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Exactly, if you look at it with open eyes. He's his, really. From the moment I made him arrive on this earth, that is. Applicable to all parents.
I think he was suggesting someone else is the boys father .. if it's him I'm going to grass him up and get the child support ..
Old 10 May 2014, 08:47 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Cool

I think he was suggesting someone else is the boys father .. if it's him I'm going to grass him up and get the child support ..

Mark,

I love your work.

Never change mate!

Old 10 May 2014, 10:18 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Oh, right! How random. And I agree, grass him up.
Old 10 May 2014, 10:37 AM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
Take my advice, the room where a birth is taking place is NOT for chaps. Chaps should be scarce, preferably nursing a pint. I like my babies clean, wrapped and handed to me.
I was right there in the thick of it when all 3 of mine were born....Wouldn't have had it any other way...
Old 10 May 2014, 03:43 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

What's more scary for me is my daughter is doing her gcse's from Monday. Where the hell did that time go
Old 10 May 2014, 09:34 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

My son is 5 years old, and looking after him is the hardest thing ive ever had to do!! its also put strain on me and my missus relationship, and its rare you can get 5 mins rest(i even look forward to work some days)!!! and the reason, sad to say why we will not have anymore kids!!

He was diagnosed with ADHD about 2 years ago which he has to take tablet for, and from the time he wakes up to going to bed he is loud with none stop talking(with millions of questions??), he cant wait his turn to talk, and we spend every night up/down the stairs trying to get him to sleep.
And to cap it off he was suspended from school last week for biting the teacher.

But with all the heartache and stress that he gives me and my missus, he is a lovable child and would not swap him for the world, funny as he has this condition and though he seems like a naughty child to others, he is very intelligent and maths/numbers and how the world works in the only way that keeps him calm, and we have to take his I-pad everywhere as that seems to help when were out and about in public spaces!!!
Old 10 May 2014, 11:39 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott

As some of you know I'm on my own
Sorry to hear thar Edd.
Didn't realise.

I have a 12yo daughter and can't imagine her life without her mum.
Old 11 May 2014, 12:00 AM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
My son is 5 years old, and looking after him is the hardest thing ive ever had to do!! its also put strain on me and my missus relationship, and its rare you can get 5 mins rest(i even look forward to work some days)!!! and the reason, sad to say why we will not have anymore kids!!

He was diagnosed with ADHD about 2 years ago which he has to take tablet for, and from the time he wakes up to going to bed he is loud with none stop talking(with millions of questions??), he cant wait his turn to talk, and we spend every night up/down the stairs trying to get him to sleep.
And to cap it off he was suspended from school last week for biting the teacher.

But with all the heartache and stress that he gives me and my missus, he is a lovable child and would not swap him for the world, funny as he has this condition and though he seems like a naughty child to others, he is very intelligent and maths/numbers and how the world works in the only way that keeps him calm, and we have to take his I-pad everywhere as that seems to help when were out and about in public spaces!!!
Lol i had that as a kid, i used to take 3 10mg ritalin a day which made no difference other than suppress my appetite and stunt my growth lol

I sort of grew out of it at around 15 but even now i occasionally do and say stupid things on impulse then afterwards i think why
Old 12 May 2014, 10:40 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
You've had it harder than most, Edd, and it's a credit to yourself that you're coming out the other end as well as you have
+1. Hear hear.

and Pimmo - I remember your posts well - I also remember saying that before you know it you'd be up and running like this. It's just impossible to see past the fatigue when you're in the middle of it though.

My first one - who didn't sleep through once until she was 9 months and took two hours over every feed whether at 3 pm or 3 am- has just got into a good secondary school near us for next year.

How the hell did that happen when she was a helpless blob yesterday and now she's already doing test papers that her dad cant answer...
Old 12 May 2014, 08:35 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
My little lad turned 3 in March. He's about the size of a 5 year old though
our Edward is 3 at the start of June & Tommy turned one in February.

How time goes so fast
Old 12 May 2014, 11:31 PM
Richy P1984
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Coming at it from the other side, I'm 29 and the rents are in their 50's and 60's. Sitting here thinking what they would be saying - it's a bit weird.
Old 13 May 2014, 12:11 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone remember me saying I have no interest in having kids?????
.....mine was 2 last Monday

Quick Reply: Anyone remember my posts struggling with a newborn ?