Notices
Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Subaru / Prodrive STI7 Track Day 19th April

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2002, 02:27 AM
t888-sti7
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An absolute "bostin" day at the Prodrive test track with fine weather to boot.

All started at 12:30pm with lunch and a quick intro. and lecture followed by 3.5 hours of STImulating driving. All 40 (approx. including instructors) each had a few laps in the STI7s round the high speed track without cones. Afterwards we all went to the purpose built rally tarmac stage for a blast.

In the last Prodrive/Subaru/Listers day (April 5th) all drivers were passengers for the tarmac rally stage (in the rally car) - today we were the drivers (in the STI7s).

Also did a comparison against the regular WRX. Very wild and less predictable - the STI7 trick chasis and drive train is the dogs!

To sum up, never expected the STI7 could do the things it could do on the track. Certainly a very interesting notch in the Scooby learning curve. All that hype in the magazines about the car's handling is true!!!

A big up for the boys at Prodrive/Subaru who arranged this. Certain now of what to do in my STI7 in a sticky situation when not on the track.

Also to add, 2 STI7 with the PPPs were present (one with a trick body kit). Definately looking to get mine done when it is finally available (2 months time). Goes better than a P1!! (sorry lads!!)

Must also apologise for not posting any piccies. Didn't take the digicam. Even if I did, I would be too busy wiping the grin off my face after the laps I did or hands were just too shaky afterwards.