Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Be careful in the West Midlands!

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2002, 02:14 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Following on from my unwelcome visitors thread in http://www.scoobynet.co.uk/bbs/threa...hreadid=134644, i spoke to the local Police earlier tonight to check on the latest on the situation.

It seems as though there has been a "bit of a problem" over the last few months with certain persons who "know what they are doing" with regard to obtaining nice fast cars without permission.

Thus take a little extra care, keep your keys upstairs and your house secure! At least until these scum die a slow, horrible, painful death [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

mb
Old 26 September 2002, 02:35 AM
KAIBO
Scooby Regular

Angry

there was a scooby taken from a garage in tamworth last week to of them were caught i don't know what happened to the car but
Old 26 September 2002, 06:22 AM
NM
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Hi M8

Dave from Nuneaton had a recent spout with some of these scum, they broke into his house to try and find his keys when he was out one night. He called the boys in anti stab jackets to find out he was a lucky one as 4 other cars had been removed from his street that night including another Scooby.

Roomer have it another Scooby was seen pulling away from his house at 3am the previous night!!!!!!

Cheers

Neal
Old 26 September 2002, 11:16 AM
Topjimo
Scooby Regular

scum scum scum, kill all the scum. I have my tracker conected to a big block of C4 under the drivers seat,LOL
Old 26 September 2002, 07:46 PM
Jonto
Scooby Regular

The thing is where do your draw the line in terms of defending your car. I some scum bag i willing to do over your house for your car, they won't think twice about doin over you ! I have a RAC Trackstar and if challenged with a weapon i would hand over me car keys and let them go (Then they would be caught). I challenged by hand, then i would be fair game !

Just in case anyone is wondering i have a .25 air rifle by my bed !
Old 27 September 2002, 12:24 PM
fukyouscooby
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Jonto

Bet that impesses the ladies

Neal
Old 27 September 2002, 12:27 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Here's my view on this theft stuff -

Although I TOTALLY understand wanting to protect your property (apart from anything else, it's the fuggin' principle!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]),
it IS only a car - that's why you pay insurance (also why we pay extra for protected NCB )

If I'm challenged for the Scoob :-

(1) I'll weigh up if I can take him (people who know me, I might not be a big person, but I'm big enough to cause grief!!!)
(2) If my family are in the car, hey, I'll even fill it up for them!!

My keys are kept in a safe place anyway, but let's also be honest here - if your Scoob gets nicked, do you REALLY want it back? I've got as much security on the car as anybody else, but, if mine get's nicked, I do not want it back. End of story. I'd rather pay the excess and have a new car. Simple as that.

Most importantly, I just make sure that each time I leave the car, I take my sunglasses, CD caddy and Minidiscs!!!!

They're MUCH more valuable!!

Dan