Notices
Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club The Official Dedicated Forum For The Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club.

Playing in the snow

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2012, 04:15 PM
Spectre 3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Playing in the snow

Went out with Mags and Mantas this morning to have a play

Mags the Loon got friendly with a hedge!! Now minus splitter!!

Then we found a bit of space

Then Mags needed to cool off a bit!!

These two look really impressed too don't they??

Cheers guys

Rich
Old 05 February 2012, 07:19 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hooligans
Old 05 February 2012, 07:39 PM
martin850
Scooby Regular

Loon-igans

Loos like you had good crack and not just your splitter
Old 05 February 2012, 07:53 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

Maggy hits another stationary object
God help us at Snetts
Old 05 February 2012, 08:26 PM
AWG
Scooby Regular

Making the most of the weather nice one
Old 05 February 2012, 08:26 PM
Saalro
Scooby Regular

Where was that space? I couldnt find anywhere local around here (Iver).

Thanks
Sam
Old 05 February 2012, 09:17 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saalro
Where was that space? I couldnt find anywhere local around here (Iver).

Thanks
Sam
I know Sam, its very near you
Nearer to me though
See the signs mate
I didn't get an invite though

Trending Topics

Old 05 February 2012, 09:22 PM
Saalro
Scooby Regular

Denham ahhhhh, someone tell me the road name it's off please.

Thanks
Sam
Old 05 February 2012, 09:39 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saalro
Denham ahhhhh, someone tell me the road name it's off please.

Thanks
Sam
I don't want to beat roundabout the bush but it is obvious
Old 05 February 2012, 10:03 PM
Flyinspanner
Scooby Regular

anyhooooo this morning at 0100, I went to collect daughter, set off on usual route, up Ducks Hil, at the start of hill there was a Beemer parked on the left, hazzards on, so I slowed then pulled past, and went up hill, much further up, came to a tangle of front wheel drive stuff all blocking the road, mostly revving the nuts off, and sliding sideways into each other!

Watched it for a few mins, then u turned to go an alternate route as they had all blocked the road.

Beemer driver is out of car and stopped me to ask "why I thought I could pass him and go uphill?" ( in a 'how very dare you' kind of p1ssed off tone)

"Sorry thought you were parked up, hazzards on, and I could because...
1. I've got 4 wheel drive
2. I've got snow tyres ...(fitted by the resident tyremaster! Cheers Maggs) which is why I'm not sliding.....anyway off to go the other route, - ..oh, don't follow your car isn't capable, ...........the look on his face was priceless!!

So drove from Ruislip (via Breakspear rd, thru Harefield (woodcock hill) to Rickmansworth, steep and windy road, snow about 6 - 8 inches, no problem, think I was one of the only cars to venture that way as pretty much virgin snow all the way. Return journey the same route again nil problems.

These cars are so capable! I think that the problems encountered earlier are due to a lack of training and experience in snowy conditions, and the lack of knowledge of their vehicles capabilities, and the poor choices made thereafter!

I feel a bit sorry for them, as it often ends up as a traumatic and possibly expensive learning lesson....or it looked that way for the silver saloon nose into the ditch opposite the Woodman pub after obviously not negotiating the turning at an appropriate speed.

Lovin the Leggy!
Old 05 February 2012, 10:04 PM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Budgie
I didn't get an invite though
You weren't the only one mate would have been no good for me though as mine's still on brick's my neighbours are asking me if i've had me wheels nicked
Old 05 February 2012, 10:15 PM
Budgie
Scooby Regular

Jackie and me stayed out at a local hotel last night due to no cabs being available
We set off this morning to go home and found our neighbours clearing their drive
Stopping in the road outside they told us of the problems getting on the driveways due to the slope of the road that the other neighbours had been having.
After exchanging pleasantries we moved off to our drive, selected manual dccd and lock mode, then revised into our drive as if nothing had happened
Nice to see them all shovelling their drives clear for tomorrow whereas we have stayed indoors
I love my awd
Old 05 February 2012, 10:21 PM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

Yeah we took the wrx wagon out in the snow and the mrs got well pieed off with me drifting every empty corner i come to i would have loved to have me dccd though
Old 05 February 2012, 10:32 PM
Spectre 3
Scooby Regular

It was the Lido car park
Old 06 February 2012, 06:59 AM
madisonmonkey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Flyinspanner
anyhooooo this morning at 0100, I went to collect daughter, set off on usual route, up Ducks Hil, at the start of hill there was a Beemer parked on the left, hazzards on, so I slowed then pulled past, and went up hill, much further up, came to a tangle of front wheel drive stuff all blocking the road, mostly revving the nuts off, and sliding sideways into each other!

Watched it for a few mins, then u turned to go an alternate route as they had all blocked the road.

Beemer driver is out of car and stopped me to ask "why I thought I could pass him and go uphill?" ( in a 'how very dare you' kind of p1ssed off tone)

"Sorry thought you were parked up, hazzards on, and I could because...
1. I've got 4 wheel drive
2. I've got snow tyres ...(fitted by the resident tyremaster! Cheers Maggs) which is why I'm not sliding.....anyway off to go the other route, - ..oh, don't follow your car isn't capable, ...........the look on his face was priceless!!

So drove from Ruislip (via Breakspear rd, thru Harefield (woodcock hill) to Rickmansworth, steep and windy road, snow about 6 - 8 inches, no problem, think I was one of the only cars to venture that way as pretty much virgin snow all the way. Return journey the same route again nil problems.

These cars are so capable! I think that the problems encountered earlier are due to a lack of training and experience in snowy conditions, and the lack of knowledge of their vehicles capabilities, and the poor choices made thereafter!

I feel a bit sorry for them, as it often ends up as a traumatic and possibly expensive learning lesson....or it looked that way for the silver saloon nose into the ditch opposite the Woodman pub after obviously not negotiating the turning at an appropriate speed.

Lovin the Leggy!
Jackie and me stayed out at a local hotel last night due to no cabs being available
We set off this morning to go home and found our neighbours clearing their drive
Stopping in the road outside they told us of the problems getting on the driveways due to the slope of the road that the other neighbours had been having.
After exchanging pleasantries we moved off to our drive, selected manual dccd and lock mode, then revised into our drive as if nothing had happened
Nice to see them all shovelling their drives clear for tomorrow whereas we have stayed indoors
I love my awd
We was out in Northwood Sat night. Had a nice meal, drove our friends home to south Harefield, then chose to make our way back via the "Chalfont Straights".
Got to the hill to be confronted by a stationary queue of traffic, some with hazards flashing, blocking both of the lanes up the hill. Nowhere to turn around and traffic accumulating behind we sat for five minutes whilst nothing moved.
I then engaged 4 wheel drive low, drove up the kerb onto the grass verge, and felt only the slightest pang of guilt as I effortlessly went around various luxury vehicles of a german rear wheel drive persuasion
Rest of the journey was undramatic, and ended following a classic turbo wagon up the hill to my house.

Thanks to Maggs for the General Grabber winter compounds
Thanks to me for having, and choosing to use, the appropriate equipment when heading out into forecast snow
Old 06 February 2012, 08:23 AM
AWG
Scooby Regular

I love my awd
Overnight hotel! You smoothie!

That would of made a great Subaru advert going up the drive with ease while the neighbours slip a disc shovelling snow
Old 06 February 2012, 10:14 AM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Lol looks like so much fun guys wish I was there. Had to drive up the M1 yesterday and that was no where near as much fun.
Old 06 February 2012, 10:24 AM
chet123
Scooby Regular

Budgie, is that best dccd setting for driving in the snow. I've not had a chance to play with myself in the snow but curious to know.

After exchanging pleasantries we moved off to our drive, selected manual dccd and lock mode
Old 06 February 2012, 10:48 AM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chet123
Budgie, is that best dccd setting for driving in the snow. I've not had a chance to play with myself in the snow but curious to know.
Playing with yourself ?? Make sure the misses don't catch you!
Old 06 February 2012, 10:59 AM
chet123
Scooby Regular

.....not in the snow anyway? Hows yours

Originally Posted by a5h
Playing with yourself ?? Make sure the misses don't catch you!
Old 06 February 2012, 11:06 AM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chet123
.....not in the snow anyway? Hows yours
Good mate just put my coilovers on but not had a chance to play with the weather like this
Old 06 February 2012, 11:33 AM
Guv
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madisonmonkey
We was out in Northwood Sat night. Had a nice meal, drove our friends home to south Harefield, then chose to make our way back via the "Chalfont Straights".
Got to the hill to be confronted by a stationary queue of traffic, some with hazards flashing, blocking both of the lanes up the hill. Nowhere to turn around and traffic accumulating behind we sat for five minutes whilst nothing moved.
I then engaged 4 wheel drive low, drove up the kerb onto the grass verge, and felt only the slightest pang of guilt as I effortlessly went around various luxury vehicles of a german rear wheel drive persuasion
Rest of the journey was undramatic, and ended following a classic turbo wagon up the hill to my house.

Thanks to me for having, and choosing to use, the appropriate equipment when heading out into forecast snow
The same happened to me on the North Circular Road, I gently jumped a kerb and off I went the snow grabbers did work well........ MAGGS my guitar hero....

After a bit of skid racingss in Wembley stadium car park Saturday night
Old 06 February 2012, 11:35 AM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madisonmonkey
Jim Im surprised you didnt go for the other brand of tyres that Mags was offering you at the time: " Backshot Mothers" IIRC one of Mags favourite brands that he like to mention, but must be said with a bit of an inbred lisp !!!! lolol
Old 06 February 2012, 12:41 PM
legacy_gtb
Scooby Regular

I was out ove the weekend making the most of the slippy stuff in my brat ..... epic epic epic car in the snow! Wide tarmac t1R's (wide for the brat anyway), a locked centre diff, and no weight on the back ..... good combo!

Old 06 February 2012, 12:42 PM
Flyinspanner
Scooby Regular

Sunday morning at work.... plenty of 'Subaru Only' parking up on the roof

Old 06 February 2012, 12:51 PM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Guv
The same happened to me on the North Circular Road, I gently jumped a kerb and off I went the snow grabbers did work well........ MAGGS my guitar hero....

After a bit of skid racingss in Wembley stadium car park Saturday night
Nice pic Guving.
Old 06 February 2012, 01:04 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

buckshot mudders ftw

yesterday i battled through the abandoned cars on ducks hill to go to the woods and ended up towing people out of the car park in the wagon i feel god like now and will be available for worship as of today

but on a peckerhead note ,as i was puling people out i was stopping people from coming in as they would get stuck in their feeble golfs , alfas etc , they took no heed to my warnings looking at me as if i was talking jibberish. i chuckled as i ploughed out of the carpark leaving them trying to push their cars out fail

mags
Old 06 February 2012, 01:09 PM
a5h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
buckshot mudders ftw

yesterday i battled through the abandoned cars on ducks hill to go to the woods and ended up towing people out of the car park in the wagon i feel god like now and will be available for worship as of today

but on a peckerhead note ,as i was puling people out i was stopping people from coming in as they would get stuck in their feeble golfs , alfas etc , they took no heed to my warnings looking at me as if i was talking jibberish. i chuckled as i ploughed out of the carpark leaving them trying to push their cars out fail

mags

Old 06 February 2012, 01:24 PM
IAN WR1
Scooby Regular

St Mags
Old 06 February 2012, 01:42 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

bless you