Notices
Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club The Official Dedicated Forum For The Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club.

Legacy Ltd (GT-B Ltd project)

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2011, 09:14 PM
Sketch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Legacy Ltd (GT-B Ltd project)

Well I've had a couple of Leggies over the years they were originally brought as we needed a family estate and you wouldn't see me driving a Vauxhall or every day Ford so looked at the imports Skoob, Mitz and Datsun equivalent the Leggy with its flat 4 and the overall looks and drive ability won through! :bow:
Well I loved my first Leggy (Kaito) he was mint and after a few lil Bspoke Mods he was complete unfortunately as some of you know he kicked the bucket after a 30mph BLACK ICE accident I was gutted but after the insurance payout and a few weeks looking the LTD turned up it was like fate as I'm not to keen on the size of the lights on the BH so having the last of the BG's with the added extra's was ideal for me!
Now I'll put wheels on everything I drive to make it a bit more personalised so that was the fist thing then exhaust airfilter its a turbo so dumpvalve its all for noise and show as the locked ECU stops more mods I wouldn't ever wack a Mines or Apexi aftermarket in as they are still locked on 102ron and no matter how much nitro additive you ain't making it 102.
I then got a bit fed up with the Billies don't get me wrong lovely for everyday but needed a bit better for a spirited drive :whistling: and for the look I was going for not to keen on the Outback stylie so the BC full topmount adjustables came next and my headlight conversion (check out the how to) HIDs and LEDs. The LTD comes with a completely different front bumper than other GT-Bs so with a quick spanner and a can of satin black made that my own too. I do have a colour coded Symms front grille but that was ditched after fiddling with the bumper it looked better with a stock dark grille. I had a set of 18x7.5j Inovit Apis black with polished lip but got fed up with that style plus wanted to try something I know no one would try and because of the BC's its possible so I've chucked on some 18x9.5j Rota Grid drifts in Gunmetalic 2 I think the only set of 5x100 in the country at the time Maggy got these straight from Rare Rims who is the Rota importer for England couple of twists on the hight (lower!!) and bashed the camber right over and wallah fitted no probs now I'm still adjusting every now and then but getting it spot on is work!!
I have now sitting in my hallway some more mods that with my Symms Front and rear strut braces lower H brace and rear lower diff brace should finish of the handling.
There's still a few more styling mods but nothing noticeable to do now I've found a company to finally make a mappable piggyback for the BG5 I would mess with the TT but to be honest the max you can get out because of the primary around the 320hp mark and for a little more ££s I'd go for a single turbo conversion and then the skies the limit I wouldn't want anything over the 370-400 but a lot easier to do.

Here's some pics!
Bits in hallway to go on.
Silicone intercooler pipes (Black)Thanks Jock!

Earthing kit (black) Thanks Nutty!

Siliconed Solenoid box (Black) Thanks Nutty!

12m Roll of 3mm to silicone the rest. (Black)

CDF alloy droplinks not universal BG5 GT-B only! made up for me!!

22mm adjustable front and back ARB's Whiteline of course!

Uprated Whiteline nylon ARB bushes for 22mm adjustable ARB's!

Pics of the rims!
Test fit of 18x9j Rota force with a 225-40

Not quite enough stretch on the tyre want more!!

Quick order the 9.5!

WOW!!! now deck it!!!!

STRETCHA ROONY!! WHOOP WHOOP!!

A Pic of my first Leggy Kaito. Colour coded, Wheels, clear side repeaters.

This how the LTD looked when I got him except the paint was dull and moss around the windows and edges where it had sat waiting for a engine for 2 years.

When the wheels went on.

Before the Headlight Mod!

After Mod!

Pic of the Symms grille and stock bumper.

The day I took out the extra spots and satined my bumper. Excuse the lil'Poser!

Stock ride height with Billies (front)

(Back)

The BC's going on.

Running Ride height.

The only aftermarket Engine mods!

Kakimoto Exhaust. (click link)

4 pot brake mod!

HID Mod.

Another pic of Rim from different angle.

Well it's the new year so thought I'd let you guy's know whats been happening over the last few months.
I had plans on getting the ARB's and droplinks on but had this niggling worry I had been noticing that the gearbox had been crunching at high revs and had a resonating noise if using the gears to slow down, Me being me thought it wise to get the box recond or swap it out after inquiries and some asking about and some searching I decided on replacing with a UK spec box. 1) easier to get , 2) to change my 5th gear or final drive,
For better motorway cruising 3500 at 65mph with my exhaust was getting hard to cope with and the petrol it was using was unbelievable.
So managed to find one in Brum but didn't mind the drive as he was doing a good deal on box diff linkage and shafts and it was a recently recon box! so picked up box planned on a day for Rich (FB Tuning) to fit it got there about 08.30 waited half hr for it all to cool down I went for breakie was just tucking into my Breakfast No:4 with extra bubble and got a text from Rich!

Yes box was out all going well WHAT!! so soon not even touched me beans!! So after a walk around town and a rather good haircut for a diver I went back he was just buttoning everything back together job made longer as I had asked him to fit my F&R Whiteline 22mm X/HeavyDuty ARB's and my F&R CDF alloy Droplinks,

Oh and my Silicone Intercooler and turbo pipes But still this was only 2-3 O'clock.

So he tops the box up with oil after checking every nut and bolt he touched and others dropped it down and I went for a test drive.............After a short drive the front end had a squeal and the front wheels were locking and dragging front diff was ****ed........my old box was better I was absolutely gutted! Well after a frantic week trying to get hold of the bloke in Brum after I said mate i'm not going away and I do have your address he suddenly agreed to supply another box free of charge (what a shock :whatever: ) but I still had to drive back up so quick cheap job no more!
Well Rich gave me an even better price than before (think he felt sorry for me) Bless him he had to do all the work so he had to refit another gearbox and diff and do the mod to it again as a Imp box is slightly different somewhere near the starter

He also re-welded my exhaust to tidy up the bird **** and cover a small blow.

So now after two boxes and a bit more money than I had planned for (But still cheaper than if I had got anyone else to just fit once!!)I had the Leggy back on the road just in time for it to go undercover for the winter!!
At least I know that when the cover comes off the car I have nothing to worry about and thats all thanks to
RICH @ FB TUNING!!!!!!

I've heard about people bending over backwards to help you out but!! :whistling:

So the next few jobs I got are I have brought some higher rated front springs for my BC's not that I wanted to change the fronts but needed to put the rate up in the back and was advised by BC to put the 7's in the fronts and the 5's I have already put in the back to replace the softer 4's.

Also need to do my front wheel bearings as the camber and offset are putting a bit of a strain on them.

I also have a new White Richbrook gear **** (finally gunna lose my wood effect!)

I gotta fit my boost gauge too! (nutty must hate my gutts and think i'm a reet Git) As I wanna fit gauge before the Nutty box goes in I've had it for months!! :whistling:

To finish of this epic of today I will just let you guy's know how I got on with my Whiteline saga, After having many prob's ordering parts from local dealers and Whiteline UK I got in touch with Whiteline AU who put me in touch with Redranger the company that make the stock for Whiteline after helping them sort out the catalogue and update their product info I finally got my parts and some freebies and the ability not to use any dealer but to order straight from them so no dealer charges WOOHOO!! After I ordered my F/R ARB's and correct bushes they gave me a heavy/duty track only Anti-lift kit £170 uprated steering rack bush kit £30 and a couple of Whiteline T-Shirts (Priceless :lol2: )

I will be putting in another order very soon so if anyone wants anything drop us a Pm?

Russ! :thumbsup:

Last edited by Sketch; 24 February 2011 at 04:07 PM.
Old 20 February 2011, 09:46 PM
stevie turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you bored mate lol this threads longer than a trip to australia,have you won the lottery! the old girl must think all her christmases have come at once,you will have to put a 60 plate on it soon it will be like a new car with all that,but she does look good in them pics i miss the look of mine the bugs ok but the legacy was cleaner i need to get body work done i miss the clean white look like martin 850 thats my kinda car just cant afford one gutted steve.
Old 21 February 2011, 07:00 AM
martin850
Scooby Regular

Thanks stevie looking forward to our light swap session in a couple of weeks.

The leggy looks superb Russ you do like changing the wheels alot Great write up must of taken you ages. Hopefully will see you a meet soon
Old 21 February 2011, 08:04 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow Russ, you been taking writing lessons off Ricky

Looks good mate
Old 21 February 2011, 08:08 AM
Mikee
Scooby Regular

This thread should have a tea and biscuit warning at the top of it.

Great stuff though Russ, you've done the leggy proud, it looks sweet!!! Nice to see you're doing things properly, the car is a credit to you mate.
Old 21 February 2011, 10:21 AM
Sketch
Scooby Regular

Yeah sorry guy's I should have put a warning!
It wasn't to bad as I had cut and pasted a few bits from my Project thread on my Leggy site It doesn't really get noticed on there so thought I'd let you guy's know what's been going on too.

What I'll do is keep adding to this instead of keep starting new ones.

Engine next RICH!!!

Russ!
Old 21 February 2011, 12:11 PM
Shiver
Scooby Regular

Nice one Russ! Didn't realise you'd done all that chassis stuff too, I'm thinking about the same.

We'll get out for some slammed wagon photos when the weather's a bit better!
Old 21 February 2011, 01:56 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Great thread, never knew you had done so much
Old 21 February 2011, 02:53 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

great thread russ very good
Old 23 February 2011, 11:25 PM
Flyinspanner
Scooby Regular

Big thumbs up from me.....and I finally got your old Billies onto the back of mine!!!
Old 24 February 2011, 04:32 PM
Sketch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shiver
Nice one Russ! Didn't realise you'd done all that chassis stuff too, I'm thinking about the same.

We'll get out for some slammed wagon photos when the weather's a bit better!
Yeah to be honest if I was to stick a set of 17's with some good rubber it would make a great track car with the handling mods apart from it being a wagon and weighing as much as the Titanic!

I gotta meet up with Alan() again for another fiddle & height adjustment and I've gotta give it a good compounding now it's drying up but deffo on a "SW" shoot again!

Originally Posted by Flyinspanner
Big thumbs up from me.....and I finally got your old Billies onto the back of mine!!!
Cheers Steve, Hope the Billies are ok they should be? how's the Leg?

Russ!
Old 17 May 2011, 10:55 PM
Sketch
Scooby Regular

Project Update:

Ok so started last Tuesday with finally getting round to having a look at my front bumper, I know I should've taken it off but it was only gunna be a quick fix as it's going in for paint in June. So after a bit of Dremel work, Kitty hair, strengthened the back, DA sanding more Kitty hair more DA sanding, Top Stopper, even more DA sanding, Plastic Primer & flat coat, hand sand, more Plastic primmer and then a **** load of hand sanding a quick mask up blast of U-pol Satin Black and some Satin Lacquer job done.

Before.

During.

After.

The second lot of work that was done was on Saturday, Started by switching my front R5 springs to the back of the car chucked out the R4's, new Camber tops for the rear new R7 springs in the front and another set of camber bolts in the front (thats 4 sets now!) at the same time the Whiteline Steering rack bushes were fitted along with the Whiteline ALK my God what an improvement! also my Rear Diff front support lock kit. That's the bushes Subframe - lock kit. thats the bolts.Big THANKS to Alan (Woodbutch) for all the hard work and thanks to Rich (Fiestaboy) for the loan of the ramps at FB HQ!

I still have my Whiteline Roll centre/Bumpsteer kit, wheel bearings, alignment and fluid flush for Rich to do when he can fit me in.

So I spent today fiddling a bit more with the ride height at the back and a bit more camber on the front. I can guess what Alan and Rich will do when reading this bit! but I gotta be happy with the stance after paying out all this money to do it!

Pic's to come of final Stance set up!

Russ!

Last edited by Sketch; 17 May 2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 18 May 2011, 12:35 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Great work on the bumper mate
Old 18 May 2011, 01:13 PM
mantazini
Scooby Regular

Looking good... I wish i could do this to my fridge...
Old 23 May 2011, 08:06 PM
Sketch
Scooby Regular

Update:

As you have seen in my other thread.

Ok so after 3 or 4 different bosses untold trips to peoples houses to check out theirs, I finally have my Steering wheel on!
(BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FIREWORKS THE LOT!)

About feckin' time GOD what a palaver, the problem was I didn't want to loose my horn or my turn signal delete. It started off all wrong as MOMO sent me a Boss with fitting kit for a Legacy Twin Turbo 94-98 (which is mine) but wouldn't go anywhere near my set up. Woodbutch had a look and said it all look like Newage Imp stuff and not Classic as you would think, so managed to see Budgie & his HawkEye, but still no luck as his has been fettled with to much (anti Lag, Launch Control) eventually managed to get to see JonMc, he'd been saying for ages to pop and try the one he has sitting in his garage but as we know he's never in the country, so anyway we made plans, got to him, took the wheel off he put the boss straight on, fitted wheel, job done!!!

I'm so chuffed with the way it looks, I know it won't be to everyone's taste and the "why get rid of a airbag" debate might start but it's sooooo much better then the Wood effect MOMO LTD one!

Also managed to dump the Wood effect MOMO LTD Gear-*** for my Richbrook!

Also today more STANCE! Fettling, I don't know about anyone else but who the **** designed the C spanners that the companies supply with the Coilies! Well the ones that came with the BC are a Chrome jobby with BC engraved in the handle (which I wouldn't admit to making!) had to wrap foam and tape round the handle as they were killing me to use and bruising my Palm! and now shaped like bananas and eat the collars when undoing, I thought it was me being heavy handed but others have done the same, so borrowed WhatswiththeR's from his Apex set not chrome dipped so did a bit better but still eating the collars!
BUT......Oh.....My.....GOD.....Would.....You.....L ook.....At....These.....Bad...
..Boys!!!!!!!

They are like the STi the Gucci the Don Pooper of C Spanners it's knocked about 3/4's of the time off lowering and adjusting the height. Three times as thick made out of stronger steel got a hole for adding a 1/2" ratchet for more lever-ability (did I just make that word up?) Well anyway life savers!

FB's in the morning for my Roll/centre kit Fluid flush plugs & alignment!

Photo Shoot tomorrow as well so hopefully some quality "Stance!" pic's soon!

Russ!

Last edited by Sketch; 23 May 2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 24 May 2011, 03:14 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Old 14 June 2011, 03:01 PM
polly_20
Scooby Regular

the car is a credit to you! Looks really cool ... I think Legacy might be my next car
Old 14 June 2011, 10:04 PM
Sketch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by polly_20
the car is a credit to you! Looks really cool ... I think Legacy might be my next car
Thank you Polly you have great taste!

The Leggies are a lot of car for the money not seen a lot on the road and a sleeper as they go like stink! I have only good things to say except upgrade the brakes!

Russ!
Old 15 June 2011, 05:40 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

you can pick them up relatively cheap and they are massive inside

my mate just bought one for £1000 in very good shape
Old 15 June 2011, 06:03 PM
dantastic
Scooby Regular

I think i have seen this car a few times around the Ashford area, the last time was this Monday night about 10:10pm turning right out of Tesco at Sunbury heading towards Sunbury cross roundabout, stunning looking motor.
Old 15 June 2011, 06:22 PM
polly_20
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
you can pick them up relatively cheap and they are massive inside

my mate just bought one for £1000 in very good shape
What?????????????????!! 1k????? very good price! bl$%y hell!
Old 15 June 2011, 06:33 PM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Love the steering wheel & gear ****
Much better.
Old 15 June 2011, 08:06 PM
Sketch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dantastic
I think i have seen this car a few times around the Ashford area, the last time was this Monday night about 10:10pm turning right out of Tesco at Sunbury heading towards Sunbury cross roundabout, stunning looking motor.
That won't be me fella and i'm sure it won't be a LTD as mine is the only White BG5 LIMITED in the country at the mo lots of standard white GT's-GT-B's and I'm sure It won't have my set up?

Originally Posted by polly_20
What?????????????????!! 1k????? very good price! bl$%y hell!
Ava Look in the forsale section on UKLegacey a few there and the lads will give you pointers.

Originally Posted by rickya
Love the steering wheel & gear ****
Much better.
Cheers Rick, It gets different reactions on UKL!

Russ!