Notices
Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club The Official Dedicated Forum For The Middlesex Subaru Owner's Club.

Bucket seats question

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2010, 10:48 AM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bucket seats question

Hi guys i'm recently brought Sparco Pro ADV(which is not shipped,but order is placed),now i have question what i need to fit Sparco bucket seats to my WRX?
I know i need rails and what else?
Also i have at home OMP Trek and boss/hub kit,how difficult its fit aftermarket steering wheels?
For any help i will be very appreciated?
Jura
Old 20 August 2010, 11:50 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steering wheel is quite easy, just don't remove the nut fully before you try and yank the wheel off unless you want £250 from 'You've been framed'. If you're nervous you can remove the battery before disconnecting the airbag, but I don't bother. You need torx bits for the airbag screws although I can't remember the size.

As for the seats, you'll need some side mounts and a subframe. You'll only need the rails if you want to adjust the distance from the wheel. Not being able to do this has its advantages as my misses can't reach the pedals anymore
Old 20 August 2010, 11:50 AM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steering wheel is quite easy, just don't remove the nut fully before you try and yank the wheel off unless you want £250 from 'You've been framed'. If you're nervous you can remove the battery before disconnecting the airbag, but I don't bother. You need torx bits for the airbag screws although I can't remember the size.

As for the seats, you'll need some side mounts and a subframe. You'll only need the rails if you want to adjust the distance from the wheel. Not being able to do this has its advantages as my misses can't reach the pedals anymore
Old 20 August 2010, 12:03 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonMc

Thanks,Jon
Old 20 August 2010, 01:33 PM
Shiver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And if you do remove the battery, remember to give it 15mins or so to discharge from the system before doing anything!