Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

pic request exhaust sytems

Search this Thread

Old 29 February 2012, 07:27 PM
aRSekicker
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pic request exhaust sytems

hi chaps, any1 got pics of the underneath of their scoob classics & newage of exhaust systems fitted showing bends / hangers etc. i'm trying to identify my system as it doesnt seem to fit right so trying to narrow it down to which bit is wrong or what year i have fitted ? i have a classic scoob with full 3" system with jp 3" sports cat fitted havent a clue on the rest
thanks
Old 29 February 2012, 08:06 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aRSekicker
hi chaps, any1 got pics of the underneath of their scoob classics & newage of exhaust systems fitted showing bends / hangers etc. i'm trying to identify my system as it doesnt seem to fit right so trying to narrow it down to which bit is wrong or what year i have fitted ? i have a classic scoob with full 3" system with jp 3" sports cat fitted havent a clue on the rest
thanks
Which part does not fit ??? ,If you are talking about the backboxes then if you have a newage system it will fit bar the front hangar on your backbox,which will not line up on a classic as it points to the right. A classic exhaust points to the left.
Old 29 February 2012, 08:34 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

And the pipework is slightly different. I have a full newage system on my classic and had this issue. The hanger on the centre section needed lowering as it was tapping the propshaft mount on the silencer. As well as the 3rd hanger on the backbox needing tweeking to prevent tapping on the rear diff. £35 it cost me and it lines up brilliantly now. New it was a newage system as the downpipe is longer than on a classic.
Old 29 February 2012, 08:41 PM
aRSekicker
Scooby Regular

backbox has numerous hangers on it they all fit in oem classic posistions however backbox falls a little short from the edge of rear bumper and it also has a 75mm ish spacer fitted between front & middle pipe ? the backbox has a very short length of pipe before it connects to the centre pipe and almost is at a 45 degree angle ? ive searched google & most scooby forums but damned if i can find it
Old 29 February 2012, 08:42 PM
aRSekicker
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
And the pipework is slightly different. I have a full newage system on my classic and had this issue. The hanger on the centre section needed lowering as it was tapping the propshaft mount on the silencer. As well as the 3rd hanger on the backbox needing tweeking to prevent tapping on the rear diff. £35 it cost me and it lines up brilliantly now. New it was a newage system as the downpipe is longer than on a classic.
any pics mate
Old 29 February 2012, 11:35 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

backbox has numerous hangers on it they all fit in oem classic posistions however backbox falls a little short from the edge of rear bumper and it also has a 75mm ish spacer fitted between front & middle pipe ? the backbox has a very short length of pipe before it connects to the centre pipe and almost is at a 45 degree angle ? ive searched google & most scooby forums but damned if i can find it
Sounds like a bodge up or heavily modified system. With my experience I found the downpipe longer with a shorter centre section but equal length backbox. I found this out as I took my old catback off with the standard downpipe on SMS offered up the new catback. There was a gap basically till I for the decat pipe on. That's how I knew but there are two different newage systems I bekieve for uk/jdm Subarus.

any pics mate
Sorry mate I haven't.
Old 01 March 2012, 09:14 AM
Road Warrior
Scooby Regular

This any help?
Newage WRX system and Blitz that replaced it...

Old 01 March 2012, 09:59 AM
chrishigham
Scooby Regular

Old 01 March 2012, 10:40 AM
nash_wrx
Scooby Regular

Old 01 March 2012, 12:50 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nash_wrx
Having had the Cobra Sport version I can confirm these are bloody loud but good fun
Old 01 March 2012, 11:31 PM
WarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

here's mine, It's a Tracktive Solutions Trackday exhaust slip jointed system and sports cat