Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

My first Scoob (fingers crossed)

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2011, 06:22 PM
Evil Nuts
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first Scoob (fingers crossed)

Hi guys......due to needing a bigger car for the family.....I've traded in my Supra for this......Its my first Scoob....let me know what you think....

Chris

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2457005.htm
Old 24 April 2011, 06:26 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Evil Nuts
Hi guys......due to needing a bigger car for the family.....I've traded in my Supra for this......Its my first Scoob....let me know what you think....

Chris

Hi Chris

have look on this JDM STi,not WRX

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...l#post10004121

Jura
Old 24 April 2011, 07:06 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Hallo Chris, that one in your ad has had a fair amount of money spent on it. However the STI that Jura has put up is a good car at a great price. Crucially it's off a member on here so comes with a little extra peace of mind.

Doh just realised you've already traded it in. It's a great spec, hope you enjoy it. Just not sure on the pink calipers.

Last edited by Maz; 24 April 2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 24 April 2011, 08:11 PM
Razorwrx1
Scooby Regular

Looks really nice mate!
Old 24 April 2011, 08:22 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a bad buy, I'm sure it'll serve you well
Old 24 April 2011, 08:27 PM
Evil Nuts
Scooby Newbie

thanks everyone, yeah, the calipers will be going, and maybe a set of coilovers to get her a little lower.....other than that we'll see........
Old 24 April 2011, 08:29 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

Looks good mate , welcome to the world of subaru.
Old 24 April 2011, 08:31 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Red face

Chris

I hope you knocked 2k atleast off the price of that UK 300 (3k would be a more suitable price for it).

Tony
Old 24 April 2011, 08:31 PM
* * * KEV * * *
Scooby Regular

thanks everyone, yeah, the calipers will be going, and maybe a set of coilovers to get her a little lower.....other than that we'll see........
Chris, those headlights don't look right for the car, do you want to do a deal ??? See you next week m8
Old 25 April 2011, 05:22 AM
ironbridge
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like a really nice one, well done! as mentioned above, not sure about the pink calipers though.
Old 25 April 2011, 06:30 AM
* * * KEV * * *
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I hope you knocked 2k atleast off the price of that UK 300 (3k would be a more suitable price for it).

Tony
Tony, show me a UK300 for £3k with those mods and i'll buy it. In fact, before you write comments like that, do a search on pistonheads and see how much they're bringing. Its the Lads first ever Scoob and i know he said let him know what you think but get your facts right first !!!!
Old 25 April 2011, 07:36 AM
Evil Nuts
Scooby Newbie

Yarp.....I've spent quite a bit of time looking into them....and tho it has had a rebuild and the milage is a tad high, i'm confident that all this was done correctly....I hope to maybe just have a iccle fettle, to put my stamp on it, maybe coilovers, a different spolier maybe...and big massive brakes....cos they look mint, and stop you...lol

Chris
Old 25 April 2011, 08:05 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by * * * KEV * * *
Tony, show me a UK300 for £3k with those mods and i'll buy it. In fact, before you write comments like that, do a search on pistonheads and see how much they're bringing. Its the Lads first ever Scoob and i know he said let him know what you think but get your facts right first !!!!
Nope I'm totally correct, it's waaaaaay over priced like all the uk 300's on there, well except the my05 for 200 quid more than what the op paid, 56k less on the clock and ppp, which would have been (for a small cost) easily modified to 320-340bhp (vf35, 400 quid) sti pinks, 300 quid, 3 port, 70 quid, decat exhaust, 400, open source remap, 300.
If you actually know what a uk 300 is, you would have bought either a standard wrx or an sti (hence when they came out everyone was really miffed that a couple of months later they announced the sti type uk).
Sorry op if you would have come on here first we would have saved you some money and pointed you towards an sti which is just a better all round car for tuning, and if you want a uk 300 then you don't change what they look like, they hold about 500 quid over a standard wrx of the same year....

Tony
Old 25 April 2011, 08:41 AM
* * * KEV * * *
Scooby Regular

Thats only your opinion Tony but as i said, show ME where you can get a V7 UK300 for £3k. I think you'll find that you can't. You seem to be compairing the pricing to bog standard WRX's to me.

I think when people start threads like this, especially when they are new members and new to the Scooby scene, all they really want to hear is people say that the car looks nice etc as 99.9% of the replies so far have said. At the end of the day, a cars worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it and as he's been happy to do a deal with someone and trade in his Supra, then why try and make him feel like he's been ripped off?
Old 25 April 2011, 09:08 AM
Evil Nuts
Scooby Newbie

Jesus. Bit feisty in here aint it.......i cant find a uk300 for under 5k anywhere. I know jdms are more tunable, but this car imo is a great way to start my scoob ownership. I wont be trading the spoiler in. Just replacing it for something more my taste and keeping the uk one in my shed....
Old 25 April 2011, 09:54 AM
* * * KEV * * *
Scooby Regular

Ever heard that saying Chris, "Knows everything yet knows f**k all"?

Just get the car m8 and enjoy it. There are loads of tuning/styling parts about to make your new car your own and you'll find they are lot cheaper than they were a couple of years ago. You'll also get loads of good sound advice too, but then again.....lol
Old 25 April 2011, 10:02 AM
Evil Nuts
Scooby Newbie

Nice one Kev........should be a nice driver to pick it up.....
Old 25 April 2011, 10:10 AM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

It's your car and if you are happy with it and it offers you enjoyment then that is all that counts.

It looks like a nice car but perhaps the pink calipers could do with a colour change.

Enjoy the car.
Old 25 April 2011, 10:37 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Angry

Thats only your opinion Tony but as i said, show ME where you can get a V7 UK300 for £3k. I think you'll find that you can't. You seem to be compairing the pricing to bog standard WRX's to me.

I think when people start threads like this, especially when they are new members and new to the Scooby scene, all they really want to hear is people say that the car looks nice etc as 99.9% of the replies so far have said. At the end of the day, a cars worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it and as he's been happy to do a deal with someone and trade in his Supra, then why try and make him feel like he's been ripped off?
No such thing as a v7 uk 300, one here thats still over priced, now if you see the extra's list compared to a standard wrx you would cry
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/u.../sort/priceasc
Oh and there is one just down the road here up for sale, reduced again, not much over 4k and it still wont sell.
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2461485.htm

Differences between a UK 300 and a standard WRX (they were 3.5k more expensive to buy new).
exterior:-
Spoiler
18 inch oz wheels
Morettes

Interior:-
basically an STI interior
plaque
gearknob

They dont hold their money, simple as, just because one person wants to put it up for 6k and the others look and follow that lead doesnt mean that the car is worth that, the OP has basically been ripped off, which is what im p1ssed about, you say i know sweet fa? did you see how much Nick Schofield sold his nice bug for?
People are trying to get more bang for bucks out of their cars because its a "limited edition", which is worth all of 20% above the book value of the standard model, ie 3k, those UK300's will be there until the world ends at those prices because your into STI money, damn for 2k more you could even stretch to an S202, no doubt the OP doesnt know what one of those is (one of the best out of the factory tuned by STI cars there was), and a year newer!

Do a search Kev, go back to 2001 and see how annoyed the UK300 owners were after buying their limited edition cars to 3 months later, be told that the STI was being released with better everything, they were not impressed I can tell you!

There is only one limited edition scoob that holds its value, and thats the 22B.

Tony

Last edited by TonyBurns; 25 April 2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 25 April 2011, 10:43 AM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Nice looking UK300 mate, enjoy it.
Old 25 April 2011, 11:27 AM
Evil Nuts
Scooby Newbie

Cheers flaps...and Tony, leave it alone...you're boring me....
Old 25 April 2011, 11:45 AM
* * * KEV * * *
Scooby Regular

No such thing as version 7 UK300? what are they all then, I thought bugeyes were version 7's and as all the ones you've showed us all have bugeye headlights then that must mean your talking sh*t as usual.

Good links you've pulled up too, still none for £3k i see. Now go and crawl back into your hole with your spunker guide to Subarus and swot up a little and leave us all enjoy the forum without being annoyed by bell ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25 April 2011, 11:59 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

No such thing as version 7 UK300? what are they all then, I thought bugeyes were version 7's and as all the ones you've showed us all have bugeye headlights then that must mean your talking sh*t as usual.

Good links you've pulled up too, still none for £3k i see. Now go and crawl back into your hole with your spunker guide to Subarus and swot up a little and leave us all enjoy the forum without being annoyed by bell ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont be a **** Kev, Versions were only applicable for STI's from 1996-2000, a bug eye wrx is an MYxx, same as blob eye WRX's, also an MYxx car.

Chris im sorry if ive upset you, but I hate seeing people ripped off, I just hope Kev didnt help you buy this car as id be wanting some cash off him.

Tony
Old 25 April 2011, 01:19 PM
* * * KEV * * *
Scooby Regular

Excuse me for now wearing a Fu**ing Anorak Tony, get a life!!!!

Chris, if this clown carries on, report him to the moderators and get the posts deleted, its spoiling your thread and don't worry, there aren't many more like him on here.
Old 25 April 2011, 01:42 PM
WRX-DAN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Nope I'm totally correct, it's waaaaaay over priced like all the uk 300's on there, well except the my05 for 200 quid more than what the op paid, 56k less on the clock and ppp, which would have been (for a small cost) easily modified to 320-340bhp (vf35, 400 quid) sti pinks, 300 quid, 3 port, 70 quid, decat exhaust, 400, open source remap, 300.
If you actually know what a uk 300 is, you would have bought either a standard wrx or an sti (hence when they came out everyone was really miffed that a couple of months later they announced the sti type uk).
Sorry op if you would have come on here first we would have saved you some money and pointed you towards an sti which is just a better all round car for tuning, and if you want a uk 300 then you don't change what they look like, they hold about 500 quid over a standard wrx of the same year....

Tony
A car is only worth what someone will pay for it, if you can find a uk300 for £3k then i would be very suprised! that might be all your willing to pay but thats not what they are selling for.
Old 25 April 2011, 05:03 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Nice looking Bug mate Once the calipers are gone it will look even better
Old 25 April 2011, 06:24 PM
Evil Nuts
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by wrx287
Nice looking Bug mate Once the calipers are gone it will look even better
Hope so dude!
Old 25 April 2011, 08:51 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by WRX-DAN
A car is only worth what someone will pay for it, if you can find a uk300 for £3k then i would be very suprised! that might be all your willing to pay but thats not what they are selling for.
Shhhh

http://www.mobiya.co.uk/view/wmdmapta

Tony
Old 25 April 2011, 09:13 PM
stevie1982
Scooby Regular

To the OP, have you seen this one in the for sale section on here. Same money as you are looking to spend and if your not after a 300 or a limited number in particular I would go take a look.

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...-for-sale.html

If not I hope you enjoy your new purchase, enjoy
Old 26 April 2011, 09:41 AM
Evil Nuts
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by stevie1982
To the OP, have you seen this one in the for sale section on here. Same money as you are looking to spend and if your not after a 300 or a limited number in particular I would go take a look.

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...-for-sale.html

If not I hope you enjoy your new purchase, enjoy
Thanks dude....if the original deal falls through....id look at this...

Quick Reply: My first Scoob (fingers crossed)