Hawkeye Spec C

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2011, 10:28 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye Spec C

Folks,

Thought i would get some pics up after a few people asking. Nearly finished with her, just the alignment to do and that's it. It's a Team Arai edition, hence the standard blue interior before anyone asks Originally owned by Prodrive. Had a full service within a week of buying as the car had no proper history, glad i took the risk though. Service went 100%, Motul 300V oil, cosworth filter, new 7B plugs, new belts and gearbox and diff oil. Not cheap, but worth for it piece of mind.

Stuck on an HT autos lip which to me every blob and hawk needs to finish off the front end. The original went missing unfortunately. Has normal skirts, which i know some don't like, but i think they're grand.

Changed the wheels too as i came across a set of Prodrive GC-05 alloys on eBay for a price that couldn't be turned down. Stunning wheels in terms of quality, and no longer made i think.

Also chucked on a set of the new NDX pads, still breaking them in, but a step on from the Ferodo ones already. Thanks to Bob at Aztec for giving me free p&p even though it was supposed to be mainland only

Rear bumper has seen a bit of paint, which i missed when buying, but doesn't bother me.

Went for something a bit different on the tyres than the norm. Wasn't too fussed on ultrac's on the last car. So thought i'd try these Federal 595 RS-R, no opinion yet, still scrubing them in. Seem a big tyre for a 235 though.

Can't be too many of these about, Toshi Arai gear ****.

TSL Group N exhaust, nice exhaust imo, some blare out of it when you go for it. Centre decat as well. Mini Kaylan flaps from Scoobparts, wasn't keen on the rears, but they've grown on me and i really like them now. They protect the bodywork which is the main thing, pity fronts weren't fitted when i bought the car, both front doors could do with a touch up as a result.

Depo gauges. Liked the look of these off the group buy when i seen pics, obviously rip offs of Defi, but look the part. Put them in an ati pod and drilled holes to mount the little controls. A lesson was learnt when fitting them too, don't start a job unless you've all the tools!!

Car was also mapped by JGM for about 350/360 with no problems thankfully, literally took 2-3 runs and that was it! I honestly don't think it needs anymore, admittedly it's only a weekend car so i don't really get use to the power like you would if you used it everyday. Though these twinscrolls are totally different animals to the uk car. Picks up from nothing, feels aggressive, loves to rev, and has such a sharp throttle response for a turbo car imo.

Should be for sale in the autumn too My final hoorah before i grow up and get a house. Can't think of a better car for a subaru fan to finish on than a spec c, to me they're the daddy. You only live once and all that.

Adam

Last edited by AdamNI; 22 February 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 22 February 2011, 11:01 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stunning mate love the Hawkeye Spec C's
Old 22 February 2011, 11:38 PM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Lovely Car
Old 22 February 2011, 11:45 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Stunning car mate
Old 23 February 2011, 12:49 AM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Stunning car mate! What a car to get before growing up!

I assume you've driven the car prior to the remap? How does it compare (especially the low end)? Does it spool MUCH quicker?
Old 23 February 2011, 08:03 AM
Gary WRX
Scooby Regular

Awesome looking car!
Old 23 February 2011, 08:50 AM
rickya
Scooby Regular

Stunning
Old 23 February 2011, 09:08 AM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

Lovely car . I have gone down the big power route with my UK Hawkeye but next time around I will be going the jdm route and keeping it below 400 bhp with no lag .
Old 23 February 2011, 09:31 AM
Abx
Scooby Regular

Very nice that, hopefully getting a Spec C myself next time around.
Old 23 February 2011, 11:00 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the club ,looks great................are you keeping those wheels or going for some new ones?

Immy
Old 23 February 2011, 11:52 AM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by juggers
Welcome to the club ,looks great................are you keeping those wheels or going for some new ones?

Immy
I think you'll find he's just bought those wheels on e-Bay. I like them too, that's why I've got a set
Old 23 February 2011, 12:38 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Awsome car a great drive
Old 23 February 2011, 01:12 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

nice looking car mate
Old 23 February 2011, 09:10 PM
AdamNI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suberman
Stunning car mate! What a car to get before growing up!

I assume you've driven the car prior to the remap? How does it compare (especially the low end)? Does it spool MUCH quicker?
To be honest i can't give you much feedback mate. The car was on the original jdm map, so i didn't push it much before the remap, i was worried about det and sods law hitting me so soon after buying it, though Simon said she was 100%.

To try and answer your question though, my answer would be yes, a simple remap is well worth the money. The last standard jdm dyno i seen showed a bit over 300bhp and similar torque, so you can see the extra mine has, a full decat and better fuel would see even more i would guess. The car is stronger everywhere through the rev range as you would expect, very responsive from 2k rpm, and imo has fantastic midrange, and a top end that means it's enjoyable to let it rev. That's what you notice, the extra torque, coupled with the twinscroll's lack of lag stuns me everytime i drive it. Not sure it spools any quicker, it just punches harder at any point compared to standard. Hope that helps, i would definitely recommend a remap.

Thanks for all the comments guys and sorry Immy, wheels are staying put until i sell it later in the year. Might break them up then.
Old 23 February 2011, 11:17 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lovely example this.

Do like the hawk jdm sti, especially spec c.

The 2litre is such a good engine

Simon
Old 24 February 2011, 01:45 AM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AdamNI
To be honest i can't give you much feedback mate. The car was on the original jdm map, so i didn't push it much before the remap, i was worried about det and sods law hitting me so soon after buying it, though Simon said she was 100%.

To try and answer your question though, my answer would be yes, a simple remap is well worth the money. The last standard jdm dyno i seen showed a bit over 300bhp and similar torque, so you can see the extra mine has, a full decat and better fuel would see even more i would guess. The car is stronger everywhere through the rev range as you would expect, very responsive from 2k rpm, and imo has fantastic midrange, and a top end that means it's enjoyable to let it rev. That's what you notice, the extra torque, coupled with the twinscroll's lack of lag stuns me everytime i drive it. Not sure it spools any quicker, it just punches harder at any point compared to standard. Hope that helps, i would definitely recommend a remap.

Thanks for all the comments guys and sorry Immy, wheels are staying put until i sell it later in the year. Might break them up then.
Will do mate. Just realised you still have the standard downpipe on. Great results then
Old 24 February 2011, 01:57 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Nice car!
Old 24 February 2011, 07:36 AM
mickp
Scooby Regular

Very nice motor.
Old 04 March 2011, 10:15 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice, looks tidy
Old 06 March 2011, 12:04 PM
martin850
Scooby Regular

Looks lovely mate
Old 06 March 2011, 03:54 PM
Toffee
Scooby Regular

Just posted up some pics of mine as well, common as muck these Toshi Arai cars very nice car fella, had mine for around 18 months and wouldnt swap it for virtually anything, hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying mine

Lee.