Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Silver Scooby No 3

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2009, 08:13 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Silver Scooby No 3

After 9 years and 180000 miles in my original Classic and a brief 18 months and 35000 miles in my Bug eye, I had a 3 month break from scoobs whilst moving to Aus

Since November I had the mispleasure of a 4.0L Ford Falcon Auto Hre car and then 3 weeks in the wife's Mazda 121 Metro 1.5L Auto, affectionally known as the sh1tbox

Finally got my hands on this little beauty, I was very very suprised, loving the drive, the best set up scoob so far of my trio imo, the ride is the best yet, comparing the interior to the 98, they are light years apart, best interior and best sound system, 10 speakers and and Aux input for the I-pod

It drives just like my old classic, really aggressive through every gear, turbo seems to come in a lot earlier than my bugeye and it has the best driving position of the 3, feels very cart like, privacy glass looks good as well, and the front end has really grown on me.

The only downside, they could have given it some flare in the arches to differenciate it from the RS and RX models and they could have done something with the rear spoiler, also identical to the lesser models, dont like the rear clusters, smoked would have been better, but none of that matters when your driving it, big brins again, took it for a 100 mile drive around the national park last night up hill down dale, twistys galore hardly got out of 2nd

So yeah I'm fookin lovin it

From it's dullest angle

Looking a little more agressive from this angle

A nice angle from behind

Some Sunset shots looking out over the Tasmin sea

Old 23 January 2009, 10:07 AM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats quality i really like the atches and even the wrx style ones are getting there now top nothc mate Greig enjoy any mods planned for it?
Old 23 January 2009, 10:23 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The front grille on yours is much better also
Old 23 January 2009, 10:28 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Woohoo!!!

Well done you I hope you and your new baby will be very happy together Can I buy this one off of you after you've finished with it as well? That is, once I've emigrated

I love driving my Dad's 08 STi hatchbackeroonny, it is without doubt the nicest of his four Scoobs and definitely the best ride and nicest drive. I even like the way it looks now

BTW, loving the last pic
Old 23 January 2009, 01:45 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by 53WRX
The front grille on yours is much better also
Anything else of note thats different between the UK and Aus WRX ??
Old 23 January 2009, 02:42 PM
WRX_SWRT
Scooby Regular

nicer wheels
Old 23 January 2009, 06:24 PM
Northy 7
Scooby Regular

Very nice whats the power output mate?
Old 23 January 2009, 06:37 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

looks very nice
Old 23 January 2009, 07:17 PM
scoobyste1987
Scooby Regular

very nice mate
Old 23 January 2009, 10:46 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by WRX_SWRT
nicer wheels
Yeah I thought that. I like the wheels, 18's woulkd have been better although you can them with the "UK" wheels as well.
Old 23 January 2009, 11:11 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Originally Posted by Northy 7
Very nice whats the power output mate?
195kW of power and 343Nm of torque.

Thats 261.3 Bhp in English, working on the basis that it's 1.34 Bhp to a Kilowatt, they're only 230 Bhp back in the UK aren't they ? I think I've found another subtle difference

The Aus Sti pushes 221 Kw which I make 296.14 Bhp, again thats above the UK spec, confusing.

I'll have to check the Japanese market and see what theirs push out, maybe we get proper scoobs down here without the EU restrictions

No wonder I'm enjoying it so much, doing a lot of petrol at the moment but at 50p a litre I can handle it, seriously considering a run out to Bathurst and Mount Panorama, part of the track is public roads albeit with camera's everywhere, but what a track.

Just dont know if I can be arsed with a 700km round trip today, it's 35o already and it's just gone 10 Oclock, thank god for aircon, and I haven't even driven the car with the aircon off yet, that usually speeds things up a little, well it certainly did in the Mazda Sh1tbox

Oh well I need to run up to the shops lets see who she performs with no aircon on, It will also be interesting what it's like in the winter when the air becomes cooler, especially up in the mountains, some eucalyptus for the intercooler .

Lots to discover about this car it seems
Old 24 January 2009, 12:59 PM
Shaggy-Do
Scooby Newbie

Still not a fan of the new Impreza??, but they way you make it sound to drive makes me think maybe the drive makes up for the looks?
Old 24 January 2009, 03:28 PM
Northy 7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
195kW of power and 343Nm of torque.

Thats 261.3 Bhp in English, working on the basis that it's 1.34 Bhp to a Kilowatt, they're only 230 Bhp back in the UK aren't they ? I think I've found another subtle difference

The Aus Sti pushes 221 Kw which I make 296.14 Bhp, again thats above the UK spec, confusing.

I'll have to check the Japanese market and see what theirs push out, maybe we get proper scoobs down here without the EU restrictions

No wonder I'm enjoying it so much, doing a lot of petrol at the moment but at 50p a litre I can handle it, seriously considering a run out to Bathurst and Mount Panorama, part of the track is public roads albeit with camera's everywhere, but what a track.

Just dont know if I can be arsed with a 700km round trip today, it's 35o already and it's just gone 10 Oclock, thank god for aircon, and I haven't even driven the car with the aircon off yet, that usually speeds things up a little, well it certainly did in the Mazda Sh1tbox

Oh well I need to run up to the shops lets see who she performs with no aircon on, It will also be interesting what it's like in the winter when the air becomes cooler, especially up in the mountains, some eucalyptus for the intercooler .

Lots to discover about this car it seems
35c........

50p litre.......

I hate this country more by the day
Old 27 January 2009, 07:41 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Found another difference last night, coming home through the mountains it got really foggy, the front fogs are pointless with Bi Xenon lights, you wouldn't even know they were on, not like the Classic.

Anyway back to the difference, so there I was hunting about for the rear fogs switch, there wasn't one then I noticed in the distance they use their hazards here when foggy !!
Old 27 January 2009, 11:45 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Ah bliss, imagine driving around and not getting wound up by ***** with their rear fog lights on when it's not foggy?
Old 28 January 2009, 06:18 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Dont worry Sal they make up for it in other ways

Like thinking as soon as they indicate it gives them the right to pull out, and undertaking is a national sport as is tailgating and dodging in and out of lanes just to make up a space.
For a nation that is so laid back and has no real sense of urgency in life it bewilders me why they drive like lunatics in a hurry

And they wonder why the death toll on the roads is so high