Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Remember the scooby is not invincible

Search this Thread

Old 09 October 2007, 08:45 PM
Ravenhill
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remember the scooby is not invincible

Very sad to see this as it involved 2 fatalities yesterday, thoughts go out to the families

Old 09 October 2007, 09:10 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the car/wheel combo looks familiar to pics of a car i'm near sure i seen on here which isn't good
Old 09 October 2007, 09:17 PM
scoobyschef
Scooby Regular

dont think this should be posted

jim
Old 09 October 2007, 09:27 PM
rossd001
Scooby Regular

I think it should, im sure if you feel that strongly about this it will stay in your mind for the rest of the day maybe even the rest of tomorrow!... Im sure that if this is on your mind then you will drive that little bit slower on the way to work tomorrow... I know I will...
Old 09 October 2007, 09:33 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Irish plates.....
Old 09 October 2007, 09:38 PM
Ravenhill
Scooby Newbie

Default .

Originally Posted by scoobyschef

jim
Jim

I can understand how you feel but it has been covered by the national newspapers here in Ireland.

It certainly makes me stop and think and probably many others too
Old 09 October 2007, 09:39 PM
rossd001
Scooby Regular

Irish user, i noticed that as well.... Cork fire dpt as well, gave it away!
Old 09 October 2007, 09:42 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by BigJay
the car/wheel combo looks familiar to pics of a car i'm near sure i seen on here which isn't good
Looks like chocolate_o_brian's car - but it's not
Old 09 October 2007, 09:44 PM
scoobyschef
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ravenhill
Jim

I can understand how you feel but it has been covered by the national newspapers here in Ireland.

It certainly makes me stop and think and probably many others too
fair enough that it has been covered in ireland , but at the end of the day people died, it is the pictures that i dont think should be posted

jim
Old 09 October 2007, 10:00 PM
rossd001
Scooby Regular

Fair point.. But you read about people who have been killed all the time. Its only when you see the pictures that someone really takes in the situation and the gravity of it all..

It seems pictures can tell 1000 words... strange that!!

I personally think its a good thing becasue it makes you think,,, well that could have been me! What if this, what if that!!

But like I said, if it was a 2" story on page 32 of the sun id read it then flick to the sport!
Old 09 October 2007, 10:48 PM
Rob82uk
Scooby Regular

fair enough that it has been covered in ireland , but at the end of the day people died, it is the pictures that i dont think should be posted

jim
if the pictures are ok to be printed by the press

i see no reason why they shouldnt be posted here. the reason they were allowed to print, is because they only feature pictures of the car, not of the occupants.

if they dont show the injured occupants, nobodys privacy or rights are being infringed on.
Old 09 October 2007, 10:52 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

We are far to detatched from reality as a society these days, anyone who finds these photos offensive needs to take a reality check... When I did my CBT before my bike test the guy doing the CBT took us all to one side and showed us some horrific photos from fatal motorbike accidents, it really makes you think!

Personally I think shock tactics are the best as we are merely animals at the end of the day and fear is the only thing that keeps us alive really.
Old 09 October 2007, 11:10 PM
rossd001
Scooby Regular

I second that! Its the only thing that works these days!
Old 09 October 2007, 11:23 PM
Ravenhill
Scooby Newbie

Default .

We all hope it never happens to us

We have been exposed to a lot of recent campaigns to get people to slow down, this add is only allowed to be aired after the water shed
YouTube - The Faster the Speed, The Bigger The Mess

It hits the point as do seeing the pictures above
Old 09 October 2007, 11:37 PM
rossd001
Scooby Regular

Its always good to have fun in your car but you need to know where to draw the line.....

Ive just replied to a post where a guy is asking how to get his impreza to 150mph+

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

He used the excuse that its safe in the right hands????

Thats ok then?

Dont help him?

Unless he owns his own race track!

https://www.scoobynet.com/general-te...ml#post7319311

Last edited by rossd001; 09 October 2007 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10 October 2007, 06:32 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by James Neill
Looks like chocolate_o_brian's car - but it's not

thank god...

this is the only car ive written off... plus im not dead either

Old 10 October 2007, 07:35 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

jim
I mark your OPINION right.
There is not one shred of evidence I have seen that "hard hitting" images have any effect on the way people drive.
Quoting the government road safety campaigns doesn't cut it with me either.
Most people on here seem to think they are a bunch of w*nkers anyway.
If people want to see photos like this, I am sure there are plenty of other ghoul friendly sites out there.
Old 10 October 2007, 08:41 AM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
There is not one shred of evidence I have seen that "hard hitting" images have any effect on the way people drive.
If people want to see photos like this, I am sure there are plenty of other ghoul friendly sites out there.
So lets spend life getting our meat nicely cut up and shrink wrapped in pretty little polystyrene boxes, when the cat dies we'll tell our kids it went to the circus and when ever there is a horrific car crash we'll cover the scene in tarpaulin and tell the media the occupants died peacefully...

Come on, get real! If people dont see the full on results of other peoples mistakes they cant make proper judgements for them selves!

Cant stand it when people ***** foot around, makes me sick!
Old 10 October 2007, 08:48 AM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cster

You have a back button. Its big and green with an arrow pointing left.
It gives you a choice on whether to watch the pictures, read the thread or not.

If this showed pictures of the occupants still in the car, or blood on seats, then I would agree wit you. But what it shows is damage that has happenned to a subaru when high speed and an immovable object come together.
I AM NOT about to pass judgement on the driver as I don't know if he ran out of talent, was caught up in someone elses mess or just plain unlucky. But there is nothing wrong with the pictures.

SN was started as an enthusiasts forum and many enthusiasts still post here. The idea being to help one another with questions and experiences about Subarus.

You talk about people on here as if you have some common right to do so. You have not been here long enough or done anything contributable to 'help' other Scoobynetters with advice or assistance to have a valid view.

I suggest you think about that. Contribute something worthwhile to the majority - Or go away.
Old 10 October 2007, 09:49 AM
cnj
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hol
You have a back button. Its big and green with an arrow pointing left.
It gives you a choice on whether to watch the pictures, read the thread or not.

If this showed pictures of the occupants still in the car, or blood on seats, then I would agree wit you. But what it shows is damage that has happenned to a subaru when high speed and an immovable object come together.
I AM NOT about to pass judgement on the driver as I don't know if he ran out of talent, was caught up in someone elses mess or just plain unlucky. But there is nothing wrong with the pictures.

SN was started as an enthusiasts forum and many enthusiasts still post here. The idea being to help one another with questions and experiences about Subarus.

You talk about people on here as if you have some common right to do so. You have not been here long enough or done anything contributable to 'help' other Scoobynetters with advice or assistance to have a valid view.

I suggest you think about that. Contribute something worthwhile to the majority - Or go away.
I agree, by reading the title and the first post people should have known that the pictures wouldn't be pleasant. I crashed my first scooby (on my third now), and looking back at the pictures makes me sick, but it's stopped me from ever driving like that again. If these pictures can make people think about the way they drive then as shocking as they are, they have served a purpose.
Now that's only my opinion, and I realise that everyone has their own views on these pictures and this post.
Old 10 October 2007, 10:47 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Nasty!
Old 10 October 2007, 01:02 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

think pics like this stand as stark reminder to how responsible we need to be as impreza drivers/owners. You can kill anyone with any car, but its easier to do damage in a fast car. if people want to hide there head in the sand from reality then its there look out, but considering how many younger memebers are comming on who have bought turbo's then i think it can only try to reinforce what everyone once, a message to drive sensibly and safe

i was lucky enough to walk away from a major major smash, i had a choice of vaulting a hedge or taking out a walker, who decided to cross the road in front of me, i chose the hedge, walked away and a lesson learnt.

ended up like this

made a huge difference to how i drive, yeah i'll still give it some welly, BUT, theres a time and a place.
Old 10 October 2007, 01:11 PM
F1 CJE UK
Scooby Regular

The only problem with these types of photos with no attached story is I always put it down to the idiot driving the car. Therefore it has zero effect on me as stupid people can crash any car at any speed.

does any one have any background info on what happened did it crash on its own….???
Old 10 October 2007, 01:18 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

you wont find out the truth from the press that for sure,

as far as mine goes, was it driver error? i was doing under the speed limit at the time, perhaps i should have anticipated the walker could possibly step out and slowed down even more, so could say it was driver error, all i'll say is i'm now much more observant of things around me, and i tend to be prepared to stop as soon as i see a possibility of something like that.
Old 10 October 2007, 02:50 PM
[Davey]
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by F1 CJE UK
The only problem with these types of photos with no attached story is I always put it down to the idiot driving the car. Therefore it has zero effect on me as stupid people can crash any car at any speed.

does any one have any background info on what happened did it crash on its own….???
WE ALL have the ability to be an IDIOT though
Old 10 October 2007, 02:53 PM
fpan
Scooby Regular

Received 174 Likes on 128 Posts

As Davey said, we are all animals and fear is the only thing that keeps us alive.
Posting more pictures like this would hopefully make people think twice and wonder "what if" ...
Old 10 October 2007, 03:02 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Since I smashed my car up (coming off a round-a-bout in the rain in my old BMW) I have certainly adjusted my driving for the better.
Old 10 October 2007, 03:56 PM
rossd001
Scooby Regular

I dont honestly care if everyone on this site hates the graphic nature of the photos...

If it makes 1 person think and saves 1 life then im happy
Old 10 October 2007, 04:17 PM
Speech
Scooby Regular

I agree that these pics can have an effect on people and make them change the way they drive, not all but at least some.
My younger brother is a retained firefighter and used to be a bit of a tool behind the wheel until they had a shout to an RTA - this one turned out to be his first fatal. Since then his driving has most certainly calmed down and he has now been through his Emergency Response (or whatever it's called) training allowing him to drive the pump when they are called out - something I would have never imagined him to be capable of/allowed to do before his change in driving attitude.
Old 10 October 2007, 06:06 PM
djquest
Scooby Regular

these pics do make you think. however two and half years ago i also crashed my scooby and wrote her off. It was my fault, i was younger and stupid. i went to some late night street racing in Greenwich in december 13. i didnt vrake properly and the stupid me raced on black ice. my car started to slide and i couldnt get it back in so i hit a lamp post at aroudn 70mph. Lampost did even get a stratch i took the pics of my car about 2 months later where it was kept at a salvage yard. here are some pics. If your wondering if i got injured i did, i damaged my knees and broke my toe.

Any way lesson learnt and that was the last time i ever went street racing. now i drive safely and only ever put my foot down at a sesible time and place.

my advice driving fast is fun but it has to be in the rite place and right environment. plus you must be able to control your car fully. if in doubt just dont speed or race at stupid places like i did in the past.

Quick Reply: Remember the scooby is not invincible