Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Prosport Stepper Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2007, 09:45 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Prosport Stepper Gauges

Hey guys, just thought I'd show you my latest purchase! Have been wondering whether to get gauges for a while, and finally bit the bullet & went for it! I haven't wired them in yet, I purely just sat them in the car to see how they'd look when they're finally in there, and they look pretty cool I think! I always thought they'd look 'stuck on', but they seem as if they blend in quite well so I'm pleased with that!

I got the gauges from XyberAutos and it was only something like £90 for the 3 of em! I got boost (obviously! ), oil temp, and oil pressure......

The pod is from scoobyworld, and even tho it is said to be 'black' on their website, it isn't actually that far off the colour of the dash......

But in some lights, it looks quite different......

So anyway, I placed the 3 gauges in ......

They've still got the protective cover over the front of em if they look a bit weird in some of the pics! I'm reallllly pleased with how they look and blend in with the rest of the car, much better than I was expecting! Can't wait to get em all wired in and working now

I've got one tinnnyyy problem tho.......the gauges are loose in the holes. I haven't really got a decent idea as to how to stick em in there yet either. I can't really glue em. I need to make the holes smaller somehow .....any ideas?
Old 29 September 2007, 08:57 AM
codie247
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put a tiny bit of tape around the gauge mate just behind the face. worked for me.Looks good btw

Lee
Old 29 September 2007, 10:49 AM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by codie247
Put a tiny bit of tape around the gauge mate just behind the face. worked for me.Looks good btw

Lee
Ahh good plan mate, cheers! Why don't I think of this stuff!!?
Old 29 September 2007, 11:35 AM
stringostar
Scooby Regular

they look fecking sweet mate
Old 29 September 2007, 12:22 PM
postie90
Scooby Regular

looking nice bud, dont know alot about gauges!!! did you need a controller for them?
Old 29 September 2007, 02:37 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by postie90
looking nice bud, dont know alot about gauges!!! did you need a controller for them?
Not for these no, just plug em in & go! They come with everything they need to be up & running.....which is why I'm amazed I got THREE of 'em for cheaper than JUST a defi boost gauge on it's own and that was without that bloody controller thing!! Ur gettin on for nearly £200 once you've bought a defi boost gauge and the controller......and that's without a pod to put it in or anything......and I got THREE gauges AND the pod to put em in for £175, which seems pretty good to me! I know defi's are the mutt's nuts & all that, but these don't seem bad. Will be better once they're wired in tho I'm sure lol. I also know NOTHING about gauges by the way! That's why I won't be fitting them myself! The instructions are hillarious.....VERY badly translated!!
Old 29 September 2007, 08:05 PM
barry wemyss
Scooby Regular

nice one mate same interior as mine and i was looking at the website for those gauges aswell so you have made my mind up lol they look really smart cheers for that
Old 30 September 2007, 03:13 AM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by barry wemyss
nice one mate same interior as mine and i was looking at the website for those gauges aswell so you have made my mind up lol they look really smart cheers for that
Good man!
Old 01 October 2007, 03:55 PM
postie90
Scooby Regular

thaks for the info mate.......
Old 08 October 2007, 05:36 PM
Deano_P1
Scooby Regular

I have the same gauges

Sorry about crap mobile pic!

Old 08 October 2007, 05:42 PM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deano_P1
I have the same gauges

Sorry about crap mobile pic!

Sorry for hijacking the thread but how difficult was they to plumb/wire in in the centre the gauges just look like they belong there
Old 08 October 2007, 06:02 PM
Deano_P1
Scooby Regular

The whole process did take about half a day but it was pretty straight forward
Old 08 October 2007, 06:06 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by codie247

Lee
You should have got some sponge tape with the gauges for this very purpose. I did.
Old 08 October 2007, 06:07 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Mine

https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...er-gauges.html
Old 08 October 2007, 06:15 PM
matttp1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deano_P1
The whole process did take about half a day but it was pretty straight forward
Cheers bud mind made up
Old 15 November 2007, 07:34 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Appologies for the crap pics, will have to get some better ones in the daylight. But thought I'd take some now as the gauges are finally all wired up & working!!! ......

They look awesome!! But as always, I got some questions lol. Well, only 2 actually. The first one is.....is it normal for my boost to be mostly negative when I'm driving? When I'm just going along with hardly any throttle, it's negative, if I accelerate a bit then it goes up to somewhere around zero, and then obviously when I floor it it goes up higher. I managed to get it to about 17psi earlier lol. I thought that was quite good? About normal?

The other question I have is about the illumination. I chose white illumination, so have wired up with the white wire.....but I thought I might like to just have a look at em when they're red so I can make my mind up. Has anyone ever tried wiring some sort of switch into the equation? So you can connect up the white and red wires, but then somehow switch between them so you can change the illumination colour? Thought that was quite a good idea if it'd actually work?
Old 15 November 2007, 07:44 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by simonds1

They look awesome!! But as always, I got some questions lol. Well, only 2 actually. The first one is.....is it normal for my boost to be mostly negative when I'm driving? When I'm just going along with hardly any throttle, it's negative, if I accelerate a bit then it goes up to somewhere around zero, and then obviously when I floor it it goes up higher. I managed to get it to about 17psi earlier lol. I thought that was quite good? About normal?
Yep, spot on. It's working fine. Mine goes up to 18psi in 2nd. But 3rd, 4th and 5th I can sometimes get it to 25psi (!!) especially if I let it come on boost as I accelerate through 3500rpm. Seems to depend on the weather actually and how warm the engine is.

Originally Posted by simonds1

The other question I have is about the illumination. I chose white illumination, so have wired up with the white wire.....but I thought I might like to just have a look at em when they're red so I can make my mind up. Has anyone ever tried wiring some sort of switch into the equation? So you can connect up the white and red wires, but then somehow switch between them so you can change the illumination colour? Thought that was quite a good idea if it'd actually work?
Well my orange wire (I think - been a while since I did mine) is linked to the headlight switch. So I have white during the day and amber at night (when I switch the lights on). But there is nothing stopping a switch being put between the amber wire and the red wire to toggle a positive feed to the amber wire so the gauges go amber. To be honest I prefer the white, but they're probably to bright at night.
Old 15 November 2007, 07:54 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Cheers fella, good to know they are working! Yours go up to 25psi?!! Holy **** lol!! What the hell have you had done to ur car!

Yeah I might try a switch one day. I picked the car up from the garage at about 6:00pm earlier, so I haven't actually seen the gauges in the daylight yet. White at night is a bit bright. Not too bright tho, just a lot lighter than the rest of the dash & stuff. You can probably tell that by my first pic. On their way shutting down there seems to be a nice amber / red colour at some point, so would be cool just to see what they look like in the other colour.

I'm glad I figured out how to turn off that damn beeping noise they make when you switch the ignition on!! Scared the bloody **** outta me lol!
Old 15 November 2007, 08:01 PM
James Neill
Scooby Senior

Yeah, I was surprised at the high psi reading on boost. But I've had two different gauges give the same reading now. 25psi is the peak it then drops down to between 20-22psi after a second or so. Car has always gone like a rocket. But have only had the usual remap, exhaust and filter change really.

The red is the warning colour. You can use the button on the front to set what value the gauge go red. It's good when the normal colour is white as the red gets your attention. But when they're amber (ie, at night for me) the change to red is a bit to subtle.

Whoever designed in the beeping needs shooting. Took a while for me to figure things out, as at first I hadn't wired them in to permanent live. So every time I turned the beeping off and then switched off the ignition the gauges lost their settings and then beeped at me the next time I started the car
Old 15 November 2007, 08:03 PM
filfy
Scooby Regular

They look very good,bet your well happy with them
Old 15 November 2007, 08:14 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by James Neill
Yeah, I was surprised at the high psi reading on boost. But I've had two different gauges give the same reading now. 25psi is the peak it then drops down to between 20-22psi after a second or so. Car has always gone like a rocket. But have only had the usual remap, exhaust and filter change really.

The red is the warning colour. You can use the button on the front to set what value the gauge go red. It's good when the normal colour is white as the red gets your attention. But when they're amber (ie, at night for me) the change to red is a bit to subtle.

Whoever designed in the beeping needs shooting. Took a while for me to figure things out, as at first I hadn't wired them in to permanent live. So every time I turned the beeping off and then switched off the ignition the gauges lost their settings and then beeped at me the next time I started the car
Yeah 25psi seems pretty impressive! All I have done so far is the exhaust & filter, haven't remapped yet. That's comin next!

Yeah a nice subbtle beep and I would have left it on, but that bloody NNOOOIIIISSSSEEEEEEEE that seems to last forever is painful almost!!
Old 15 November 2007, 08:15 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by filfy
They look very good,bet your well happy with them
Cheers mate Yes I am very happy indeed! Wow ur car is stunning, fair play!!
Old 15 November 2007, 08:39 PM
dazzlers82
Scooby Regular

looking good mate
Old 21 November 2007, 07:58 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Hey guys, managed to get some better pics with my camera rather than my phone, and also some in daylight rather than pitch black!!......

At night.....

The illumination is classed as 'white', but those of you who've got these gauges will know what I mean if I say they look slightly blue? The pic further up that I took with my phone shows that they look blue.

Different angle.......

In the daylight......

I bet ur wondering why the middle one is red! Well, that's the oil pressure one, and I had turned the ignition on to take the pics, and the oil pressure gauge flashes red until you start the engine. I guess cuz it thinks "oh dear, you have no oil pressure!!" lol. Another one of em in the daylight......

I was thinking they were gonna look stupid, being constantly illuminated in the daytime like.....but I was wrong.....they look awesome!

Close up of my favourite gauge ......

Lol. Love it!

While you guys are lookin at this, I thought I'd post up my peak values and see if they are normal(ish) or not! I've had them fitted for nearly a week now.....

The oil temp one is the weird one. It definitely works like....but it very rarely seems to move at all unless I go on a longish journey. I spoze the gauge actually starts at 50 tho, not zero. My peak is between 80 and 90, and it seems to hover around just over 80ish on normal driving. That normal? My mechanic said that he thought the oil temp sensor was in a daft place and it would probably get really hot and give a false reading....but it seems fine to me?

Cheers guys
Old 21 November 2007, 08:15 PM
mike799
Scooby Regular

they look great,now on my shopping list
Old 21 November 2007, 08:16 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

looks sooo smart mate

they 52mm or 60mm?
Old 21 November 2007, 08:20 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrighty338
looks sooo smart mate

they 52mm or 60mm?
They're 52mm fella, and they're in the scoobyworld pod
Old 21 November 2007, 08:22 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

cheers fella
Old 21 November 2007, 08:41 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

I take it Prosport make a few different gauges then, as the ones i'm selling with pod a bit different, but still made by Prosport?
Find * SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI 99-00 DASH TOP POD 3 GAUGES * on eBay within, Interior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 22-Nov-07 17:20:00 GMT)
Old 21 November 2007, 09:26 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by drb5
I take it Prosport make a few different gauges then, as the ones i'm selling with pod a bit different, but still made by Prosport?
Find * SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI 99-00 DASH TOP POD 3 GAUGES * on eBay within, Interior Styling, Car Tuning Styling, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 22-Nov-07 17:20:00 GMT)
I guess so yeah. Wow they look like they're from the 1960's!! lol

Quick Reply: Prosport Stepper Gauges