Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Brands Hatch Rallycross

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2004, 10:08 PM
Mr Scoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Brands Hatch Rallycross

Don't know if anyone on here is interested in Rallycross but here are some pictures taken at Brands Hatch today - enjoy.

Last edited by Mr Scoob; 31 October 2004 at 10:15 PM.
Old 01 November 2004, 10:15 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn I missed it again I've been wanting to go there for the rallycross for about 15 years but forget to check when it is every year I saw them last year at Lyden hill and they were fantastic So fast and the noise was something else
Old 01 November 2004, 10:28 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

My brother raced in the Super Modifieds on the Saturday and we all had a brilliant day. There was hardly anybody there on the Saturday and it was so nice to be able to walk around brands Hatch without any crowds and walk straight into the pits. With the great weather and fantastic facilities I would say thats the best days racing we have had all year.

One of his rear shock absorbers blew a seal in the second heat and we had no spare so we just tightened up the coil over and carried on regardless. Managed to make the A final which I thought was pretty good going for a Mini with a totally standard 1.6 Honda VTEC engine!
Old 01 November 2004, 12:48 PM
DJM
Scooby Regular

My Girlfriends Uncle works with the Will Gollop team so when they were racing in Lincolnshire last year they invited us along to meet the team - When you get up close you to top cars are all carbon fibre - no metal on the shell at all. Will was telling us that when they are on the start line all the cars at sat at 9.5 thousand revs and then they drop the clutch they are quicker 0-60 than a F1 car. They are awsome - my fav is Pat Durans RS200 - what a machine - When its running nothing can touch it - the problem is bits keep blowing up. The day we went someone had brought a Subaru rally car to put against them - after the first lap the Subaru was half a lap behind - not good when you own a Scooby.