Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Piccy of my Long lost Astra

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2001, 12:50 PM
vmax
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Yes I admit it I was part of the vauxhall brigade. I had this car for a number of years when I decided to give it a bit of extra zing by taking it down to Courtney Turbos in norwich ( Courney's are like power engineering for Vauxhalls)

This little baby came into the world as a 115bhp 1.8 8v and left the world as a 185 bhp 2.0 16v monster. This thing flew. I kept the same low ratio gearbox.

Calibra Turbo Brakes ( Front & Back )
Astra Gsi Rear beam
Group N Chip
Janspeed exhaust system ( With a courtney special manifold )
K&N Cone filter.

Courntney's were tying to sell me a 250bhp conversion. But 250bhp in a front will drive astra is just silly. ( Thats why I now drive a AWD scoob )

My beloved astra laid down it's life to save me when I was involved in a head on collision with a banker in a red BMW who decided to overtake behind the crest of a hill. He came over the hill and smacked me head on. I came out with minor injurys considering. Astra was dead and fit for the bin

Top car... I had a lot of fun in it....sniff. It shouldn't have had to go out like that.

Old 30 August 2001, 03:29 PM
Stevep
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Sad way to see a car go m8. My mate is currently in hospital due a head on at the weekend and his beloved Golf is in no state of repair now. He will be distraught when he finds out.

On to your car, fair play thats what I wanted to do with my last Astra but it was a convertable and was getting on so I decided against it. I bought 17inch Mim Brescia's for it instead and various other bits, which made it cosmetically pleasing.
I eventually sold it and bought the Impreza, which I have sold now due to company car and rapidly depleting bank balance.
Best fun I've had in a car is in the Impreza though. Want to try and get another one when I'm allowed the cash option at work.

Steve.

Old 30 August 2001, 03:47 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Nice car.
Ahhh Courtney, that name brings back memories. When I was the owner of a rainbow blue 1.2 corsa I longed for a Courtney car, ideally a breathed on Cav turbo, or GSI, then I got my saxo VTS.
Old 30 August 2001, 08:56 PM
vmax
Scooby Regular

When I went to pick my car up from Courtney's they had a racing green Nova with a Calibra Turbo engine in it inclding the 6 speed box.

They really are wizards. This nova was kicking out 250bhp until they detuned it down to 200bhp because they were getting wheelspin in 5th

Altough I love my scoob and the scoob is 100 times better than my astra. I still have a soft spot for my astra because it was a bit of a street sleeper. The look on peoples faces when you open it up was amazing.

Open up a scoob and people expect it. They know what a scoob does. With the astra they didn't expect it to perform the way it did.
Old 30 August 2001, 09:01 PM
vmax
Scooby Regular

SteveP

I take it your mate is not in a bad way. Sod the car.

Having a head on is not a nice experiance.
Old 31 August 2001, 11:54 AM
Stevep
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by vmax:
<B>SteveP

I take it your mate is not in a bad way. Sod the car.

Having a head on is not a nice experiance. [/quote]

He's recovering now but it was touch and go for 4 days. He has umptine broken bits and collapsed lungs but he is up in bed trying it on with the nurses.

Fair play I say, it's just like him.

Stevep