Scooby Newbie's non Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2001, 09:11 PM
mook
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Hey everyone,

I plan to get myself a Scoob in the forseeable future as a second motor. This is my current runaround - a '95 Rover 220gsi turbo. Hope you like

Mook
Old 17 May 2001, 10:57 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
nice wheels what r they?
size? 16"??

Phil
Old 17 May 2001, 11:01 PM
selims
Scooby Regular

Hi Mook,

Nice car, hope you get the scooby soon.

I used to have a tomcat, nice car but poor handling - it needs four wheel drive!!

I still have some white dials (brand new, still in packaging). Give me a call if you want them.

Cheers

Miles
Old 18 May 2001, 12:21 AM
mook
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Darren > Ben's doing okay, although he's lost compression on pot 4 at the mo and looking at some form of rebuild. Did you see his flip paint job, predator kit and HOOG AP Racing brake upgrade?

JAKY is up for sale due to lack of attention, new house, etc. has left him sat in the garage not getting much use so Kai's looking for an enthusiatic owner to carry the torch.

We had fun back in April, went over for a meet up in Europe, meeting a lot of the European list members, and spending a day at the Nurburgring, which was fun - although Paul Eden was a bit too keen and crumpled the front of his silver coupe in the armco! managed not to damage the rad though, so was able to limp home.

One of the highlights of that trip was a superb tunnel in Luxembourg. Instead of orange lights up top, it had lit up 'catseyes' that looked like something from GT. Plenty of DV action in there. To top it off, an amazing scooby came through with us, then booted it halfway down, unleashing the most almighty roar you've ever heard, sounded like only had 6 inches of exhaust after the turbo *lol*. Quite something (it's all these little things swaying me to this camp *lol*)
Old 18 May 2001, 08:57 AM
mook
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Thanks guys

Phil > wheels are Kosei S5Rs, in 17" shod in some lovely 215/40/17 BFGoodrich Profiler G.

Miles > 4WD would definately be a benefit , although upgrading the suspension certainly makes a noticable improvement in handling.

Those white dials might well be an option. I'm currently making up a set of carbon fibre faced dials to match my Autometer boost guage, but it's a slow process. I'll let you know, I could probably find a buyer for you even if I don't need them
Old 18 May 2001, 09:59 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

Mook,

I take it you are the same Mook who used to post on the 220gti email list? I used to own a 220 Coupe and was a member of that list, posting under my real name (Darren Guest). The only other person I met from the list was Chris Pedo who I bumped into a couple of times at Box Hill!!

Nice to see someone else moving over to the dark side!
Old 18 May 2001, 10:44 AM
mook
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Darren > well, hello again young man. I recall you mentioning you purchased a fine scooby, good to see some familiar faces - did you know Kev Loveman has a WRX now?! The 220gti mailing list is going well too, getting on for 300 members, which is nice

I think Chris and a few others pop up to Boxhill occassionally, he's pushing out about 245bhp now, which he's pleased with. I'll tell the guys you send you love *lol*

Trending Topics

Old 18 May 2001, 11:02 AM
JoeyDeacon
Scooby Regular

Cool

I have to admit although I was still subscribed to the list for a while after I got my Scoob, I soon discovered Scoobynet and started getting annoyed having to download 200 emails every Monday morning so unsubscribed from the list.

I did try to subscribe again a while ago to see what was going on but it seems the mailing list has moved or something??

How is Ben Jones these days? I have to say that some of the stuff he used to post and the MPEGs he used to put on his website were some of the best memories I have of the list!

I saw Kai's car advertised in a magazine a while ago has he been forced to sell it??

Anybody else smashed up/blown up their rover recently as the list seemed to be a bit of a jinx!
Old 18 May 2001, 01:12 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
One of those Rovers kicked my MY98 **** in Milton Keynes once. Till we got to the twisty bits that is.
Old 18 May 2001, 01:42 PM
mook
Scooby Regular

JackC > Yeah, they're pretty good in a straight line and don't handle too bad when upgraded. However, you're never going to get the same kind of handling as a decent AWD!!

oooh oooh, just seen a pic of the proposed MGF Extreme, looks rather pleasant, and with 450bhp on tap, should move pretty sharpish too!!
Old 18 May 2001, 08:39 PM
KevinWRX
Scooby Regular

Cool

CLASS, nice car ! (as if I didn't know)

Glad to see you made it then.
Blimey, I didn't realise there where some many ex-rover owners on here.

BTW, Mook, has TGM popped up on the 220GTi list yet. Someone got a bargin there!

KevinWRX
Old 19 May 2001, 10:12 AM
mook
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hey Kev,

Not seen TGM crop up yet, but fingers crossed. Do you know who ended up with it or did it go through a dealer?

I'll drop you a note about going for a beer, next Friday would be ideal for me