Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

my 1st bugeye

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2017, 08:11 AM
T1NY
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 1st bugeye

Hi guys, Names Luke. Couldnt find a New members section so thought i would post up here.

After spending a long time without anything fast in my life I went and got myself a Motorbike, which is great fun but lately i've been wanting a fast car again (used to have skylines, evos, 300zx etc etc).

Anyway, this 2002 bugeye came up at a good price with great history so snapped it up. I had a classic uk turbo wagon before which was a nightmare which left a bad taste in my mouth so was abit cautious with getting another scooby.

I'ts a WRX that previous owners have added STI parts too,
It's got:
A Full 3inch exhaust system with all cats removed,
3 Port boost solinoid
Walbro 255 fuel pump
HKS SSQV Dump valve
XTP Tuning stage 2 map
K&N panel filter

thats as it was decribed to me by prev owner(i know people dont like the "stage" term) and was told it should be at about 260-270bhp, sound about right to you guys?

I'm hoping to tune it to around 350bhp over the months ahead, so any suggestions for a rolling road mapper in the south east would be great.

Only have 2 pics of the car atm.

Name:  s-l1600.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  144.6 KB

Name:  s-l1600%201.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  87.6 KB
Old 20 June 2017, 08:52 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks quite nice, welcome aboard.
Old 20 June 2017, 11:19 AM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Welcome aboard pal nice bug red flaps and silver do go well together

I'm liking the Reg plate aswell "ooh u 2 ha"
Old 20 June 2017, 11:37 AM
Shane
Scooby Regular

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Luke

There's a few of us in Hastings, I have a Red Classic and colleagues have a Silver Classic, Dark Blue Classic, Yellow Type R and a WR1.

We try and have a monthly meet as part of South East Scoobies.

Shane
Old 20 June 2017, 11:41 AM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

welcome along, nice bug m8. you will need a turbo swap for 350 bhp as it should have a td04 on it which runs out of puff at around 290 bhp on a good one. td05 or vf35 etc will get you around there with an sti top mount and prob sti 550cc pink injectors. just be wary of the 5 speed box at those power levels as many have broken theirs as the torque munches gears. no hard launches and you should be fine
Old 20 June 2017, 12:18 PM
T1NY
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by yabbadoo4
welcome along, nice bug m8. you will need a turbo swap for 350 bhp as it should have a td04 on it which runs out of puff at around 290 bhp on a good one. td05 or vf35 etc will get you around there with an sti top mount and prob sti 550cc pink injectors. just be wary of the 5 speed box at those power levels as many have broken theirs as the torque munches gears. no hard launches and you should be fine
yeh i have a friend that knows abit about imprezas and has had a few, he recomended the vf35 and 555 pink injectors and with a live map he thinks it should see 350, i was thinking about the sti top mount but was unsure how much difference there is from mine,

hoping to buy turbo and injectors when i get paid next.

Originally Posted by Shane
Hi Luke

There's a few of us in Hastings, I have a Red Classic and colleagues have a Silver Classic, Dark Blue Classic, Yellow Type R and a WR1.

We try and have a monthly meet as part of South East Scoobies.

Shane
not seen too many about tbh, seen a blue classic today and saw a blue bug in eastbourne the other week, both blue with yellow/gold stickers.
Old 20 June 2017, 01:04 PM
Shane
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure mine is the only bright red one in Hastings but it does tend to only come out at weekends, all the other ones I know are second cars as well so not out and about on a regular basis.

Trending Topics

Old 20 June 2017, 01:51 PM
T1NY
Scooby Newbie

well mine is technically a 2nd car as cant fit 4 kids and mrs in it so gotta have a 7 seater as my daily, BUT if i dont need to take them i take the scoob lol. use it to get to and from work etc, much more fun then a 2.3 ford galaxy aye. will have to come along to a meet or 2 when they are on. not been to a car meet in YEARS.

where and when are these normally?
Old 20 June 2017, 03:04 PM
Shane
Scooby Regular

All over the place, best bet is to sign up on www.southeastscoobies.co.uk and keep an eye on the events page. We're a relatively friendly (and mature) bunch and tend to have a civilised get together over breakfast or Sunday lunch.
Old 20 June 2017, 03:47 PM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

That looks nice mate..
Old 20 June 2017, 04:21 PM
T1NY
Scooby Newbie

cheers guys, already turning into a money pit lol, but thats all part of the fun :P