Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

My 2007 Impreza Wrx Sti Type-UK

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2017, 01:39 AM
EqualizerCS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2007 Impreza Wrx Sti Type-UK

I am registered here since almost seven years and I guess it is time to introduce my new car. It is a wonderful and rare, aspen white painted Hawkeye STI. The car was registered first in June, 2007 and had only two previous owners.

I bought it end of April, 2017 with a low mileage of 44.500 miles in Coventry. The Subaru is in a very astonishing condition. The chassis is nearly rustfree, I just found some usual signs of 10-years usage. The paintwork is in a completely original and flawless shape. There are just some smaller stone chips on the bonnet.

I was searching for an unmolested, forged, well serviced and especially accidentfree example and it wasn't that easy to find a perfect one. Not in Germany and even not in Great Britain. Many thanks to the previous owner who trusted me and reserved the car for four weeks.

For me it is my third right-hand drive car and meanwhile I have driven much more kilometers in RHD than LHD cars, although I am a german guy. It doesn't matter on which side the steering wheel got mounted. At the moment the car is still in the german registration process.

I already opened the headlights to modify the light pattern for right-hand traffic and I also switched both rear lights, to move the fog light to the left side. In addition to this I also had to buy one new front axle CV boot and a Prodrive back box with E4 EG approval mark on it, because that was missing on the recent Prodrive mounted one.

Due to the fact that the red Prodrive springs aren't street legal here in Germany, it is needed to switch them, too. My first intention was a simple switch against approved Eibach springs. But I decided to go for a nice set of coilovers and I am waiting for the delivery of a set ST Suspension X. For a daily driven car and an owner with a slipped disc, it is a good compromise to deal with.

The german registration process regarding an import car isn't that easy, especially if it is a modified one but hopefully it will be done within the next 14-days. All things will come to an end. Finally I have written enough and I will keep you updated about any modifications.

Technical details:

Mileage: 44.500
Miles since engine rebuilt: 4.500
Engine rebuilt: GT Motorsports Ltd

Performance:

Torque: 450 NM
Max Torque: 3.700 U/MIN
Horsepower: 235 KW/320 PS
Max Horsepower: 6.000 U/MIN

Engine:

Pistons: Omega Pistons
Main bearings: ACL Race Bearings
Rod bearings: ACL Race Bearings
Head gasket: Roger Clark Motorsport
Head studs: ARP Performance
Oil sump pan baffle plate: Roger Clark Motorsport
Turbocharger: IHI VF43 (New one)

Exhaust:

Back box: Prodrive

Intake:

Intake hose: Samco
Air filter: ITG plate

Fuel injection:

Fuel pump: Walbro 255 l/h

Electric:

Battery holder: Prodrive
Ecu: Prodrive Mapping

Exterior:

Front lip: V-Limited style
Exhaust heat shield: Carbon
Mudflaps: Black with STI Logo
Window deflectors: Subaru Japan

Suspension:

Springs: Prodrive

Wheels:

Size: 225/45 R17 94Y
Modell: Falken Azenis FK510

Here are some pictures that my girlfriend had taken directly after the import:

EqualizerCS

Last edited by EqualizerCS; 25 May 2017 at 01:40 AM.
Old 25 May 2017, 10:17 AM
b16jonc
Scooby Regular

They look so nice in white
Old 25 May 2017, 10:42 AM
Avalyn
Scooby Regular

What a cracking looking car
Old 26 May 2017, 02:38 PM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That is a very good looking car and a great spec too.
Old 26 May 2017, 05:51 PM
nozzavtr
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Don't know if you know, but you can use the above site to check out the MOT history of the car, it's had a decent life so far, cracking example. Odd that you can't use the prodrive springs on the road but it's ok for coilovers!
Old 26 May 2017, 06:03 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 256 Likes on 222 Posts

Stop steeling our uk cars, less for the breakers 😮

Looks stunning, well done.
Old 02 June 2017, 02:42 PM
TheWaterboy
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Always look good in white! Nice motor.
Old 02 June 2017, 02:55 PM
Yellow R
Scooby Regular

Nice car chap looks good in white
Old 05 June 2017, 08:24 PM
Jampot
Scooby Regular

Very big soft spot!!! Looks stunning
Old 05 June 2017, 08:47 PM
derek sti
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome car best colour
Old 16 June 2017, 04:18 PM
EqualizerCS
Scooby Regular

Odd that you can't use the prodrive springs on the road but it's ok for coilovers!
I ordered a ST Suspension X and the build quality looks fine so far. It will be mounted on Monday. Normally the car should be registered within the next week, too. Then I can also write something about it's ride quality

What a cracking looking car
I guess there will be just some minor optical changes in future. A set of HT-Autos side skirt and rear bumper extensions. Some wider wheels for the summer and maybe a set of new mud flaps. The mounted ones are okay but I am thinking about some wine-red ones with small white logos on it. I really like the Rally Armor ones, the finish of them is great as well. Finally I won't touch the original appearance of the car that much because I guess it isn't really needed.

Don't know if you know, but you can use the above site to check out the MOT history of the car, it's had a decent life so far, cracking example.
Thanks for this advice. While my search I used that site a lot because I was searching for a nearly unmolested example. It would help to have this history for used cars in Germany, too. There are to much ones which are manipulated, especially the oddometers, sadly.

Stop steeling our uk cars, less for the breakers
If there were a lot of Subarus sold here in Germany I would stop to steal the ones from UK but sadly the availability of good ones for fair prices really sucks It is my third buy in UK and I guess caused by the brexit, it could be the last one. Normally I enjoy it a lot to visit UK, a good place to drink some tasty pints of Stella Artois

EqualizerCS
Old 17 June 2017, 05:36 PM
Harryr34
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Stunning example
Old 24 June 2017, 04:23 PM
EqualizerCS
Scooby Regular

Last Tuesday evening I collected the car from the car reapair shop. Finally the Subaru got a valid vehicle inspection sticker and all necessary paperwork for the registration here in Germany on next Monday. In addition to this I made two simple pictures of the front and rear arches depth.

I am very happy with the final result maybe I will go some millimetres lower in the front but the depth must still be useful for a daily driven car. The ride comfort seems to be much better than before with the Prodrive springs but I guess it will need some more driven kilometers for a detailed review.

Front:

Rear:

EqualizerCS
Old 14 October 2017, 09:32 AM
EqualizerCS
Scooby Regular

After six month of ownership it was time for a short pit stop. I had the famous logged error P0420. Luckily it was just a defect second oxygen sensor. I had no technical problems while driving but I am not a big fan of driving with an activated CEL.

I also decided to change the oil for the colder following months. Till now the built engine got filled with Titan Race Pro R 15W-50. It is a real good decision but 15W is really thick for a daily driven STI during cold months.

I choosed Millers CFS Nanodrive 10W-50 now and a new K&N oil filter. Normally I would say wasted money for the filter but I got it very cheap. Regarding the choosed oil I am not completly happy, I guess sometimes there is a slightly and very short appearing smell of oil. The engine runs fine but maybe it is to thin for the forged pistons but till now I noticed no oil consumption.

It was also time for a new set of front brake discs and pads. I was thinking about Tarox Zero discs which I used in the past for my former STI but for a daily driven car I decided to go with the new lined Brembo Xtra line discs. It was a good decision, the performace is decent in addition with Ferodo Eco pads. Next time I will try Ferodo DS pads but for my purposes they aren't really needed.

Yes, I should clean the wheels they look awful. The old brake pads were really dusty at their end of life. My front calipers will also need a small rebuild within the next weeks. Nearly all piston gaskets have small cuts. Sometimes they are making some minor noises. I guess next year the rear brakes will also need some attention.

Finally the car runs great and I am very happy with it. There is just one small technical problem. The idle isn't perfect all the time. Normally it keeps 750 rpm but sometimes it wents +/- 50 rpm's and runs a little bit rough for 1-5 seconds. The engine runs strong without any losts in power. I guess I should just clean the maf, the throttle body and the idle sensor. Maybe it just a leaking vacuum line which is responsible for the technical problem.

EqualizerCS

Last edited by EqualizerCS; 14 October 2017 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01 August 2018, 08:29 PM
EqualizerCS
Scooby Regular

I guess after half a year it is time to post some new informations about my car. I bought some white powder-coated 8x18 ET45 Enkei Wakasa wheels and Nokian ZLine 225/40 tyres which fitted without any modifications. Due to the fact that the chassis is still in a very good condition I wanted to avoid any fender works which can cause any paint damages or later also rust.

One month ago I was thinking about buying a new new exhaust but it wasn‘t easy to find a street legal one here in Germany. The most ones are really too loud and get no approval through our strict TUEV organisation. So I decided to follow a quieter route and bought one Invidia Q300 catback. Yesterday it got mounted and I am really satisfied with it. It is a little bit louder than my former mounted Prodrive backbox and creates a nice deeper sound. At the end of the year I will also add a better flowing 3“ downpipe with 300 cell catalytic converter that will be still able to pass the next emission test.

I also bought some new speakers for the front and rear doors (just for rear-fill) and ordered a set of spacers. The doors got already dammed through the previous owner and the speakers are waiting for intallation now but at the moment the temperatures in Germany are really worse and they need to wait till it will be a little bit colder outside.

This situation also concerns a set of red Hella Supertones horns, a set of HT-Auto side-skirt extensions and some primed genuine JDM rear spats. I hope that I can mount all these parts soon, in addition to the temperatures time is missing a little bit.

EqualizerCS

Last edited by EqualizerCS; 01 August 2018 at 08:31 PM.