Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Bought my old PPP 05 Blob Wagon back again.

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2016, 11:43 PM
Greenslade
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought my old PPP 05 Blob Wagon back again.

I bought this car in December 2012, ran it until late July 2013 (until the Audi I hunted for turned up), then I sold it to my sister. She's had it for three and a quarter years, done only 6K miles in all that time, gone for a new car, and as promised, I bought it back again (last week). It's my wife's car now, technically, but I use it as well.

It's a 2005 with 135k miles on the clock, and had 124K miles when I bought it the first time.

The condition is amazing really. A chap bought it new from Quenby Subaru, ran it as a company vehicle and racked up some motorway miles,.....then sold it to his brother when company car tax issues came in to force. His brother pottered around in it, mainly with Subaru roof bars on, getting his mountain bike from one area to another,.......until he decided to buy a new freshly launched Toyota GT86. That's when I bought it, then my sister, and now my wife. So it's only been in two families in 11 years.

I have the original bill of sale, which shows that it was specced up with :-

Prodrive Performance Pack.
Prodrive Spring Set.
Front grille and bumper mesh.
Momo gear ****.
Alloy gearstick surround.
WRX mats.
Rubber boot liner and cargo net etc...

Shortly after, he took it back to Quenby, and had them fit a boost gauge, on the steering wheel cowel.

A couple of years later, he decided that he wasn't happy with the Prodrive Spring Set, so he threw caution to the wind and spent £2300 having a Lichfield Handling Pack fitted (Type 20?). Top adjustable shocks, front and rear anti roll bars, anti lift kit etc etc. The handling is great. Nice and nimble, and not too crashy. It sits just at the right height for us as well.

And I've found a receipt for £620, where the car was sent to be Dynamatted, and have upgraded speakers fitted.

I took the family down to the south coast in it, to reacquaint myself with it, and we clocked 1000 miles in the last 10 days. What a great little car!!

My sister had the cambelt done on it last year, as well as new tyres and bits of ball joints and stuff, and it's been serviced to death.

Other than clean it and fit a new set of wipers, I haven't had the chance to do anything to it yet,......not that we have huge plans or anything. Maybe an STi intercooler in the new year, as a start.

For now, I'm going to book it in down the road with Cotcomp for a health check, just to make sure there are no boost leaks or anything.

No proper pics yet, but here it is for now.......

Last edited by Greenslade; 07 November 2016 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Bloody auto correct.
Old 06 November 2016, 11:46 PM
Greenslade
Scooby Regular

Old 07 November 2016, 06:55 AM
Wull
Scooby Regular

Tidy as f... �� Nice spec as well, I absolutely love the wagon especially for taking the family for a drive. I did similar miles in the first 10 days as I was off work but now that I'm back that will drop dramatically.
Old 07 November 2016, 08:24 AM
Greenslade
Scooby Regular

Yeah, we generally go for estates/wagons/avants, for family stuff/camping trips/putting our drum kits in the back,.....and the roof rails are always handy for our roof box.

This will probably settle down to about 5k miles a year now.
Old 09 November 2016, 12:24 AM
Greenslade
Scooby Regular

Today I found a keypad under the dash, by drivers right knee.

Did all Imprezas get this?
Old 09 November 2016, 10:11 AM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenslade
Today I found a keypad under the dash, by drivers right knee.

Did all Imprezas get this?
All UK ones I think. There was a post recently listing all the different functions. However, I couldn't find anything listed about how you activate it without the initial code once it's been changed. So it appears worthless if the previous owner hasn't supplied the code?
Old 12 November 2016, 09:56 AM
Greenslade
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TECHNOPUG
All UK ones I think. There was a post recently listing all the different functions. However, I couldn't find anything listed about how you activate it without the initial code once it's been changed. So it appears worthless if the previous owner hasn't supplied the code?
Cheers chap

I'll have a rummage through the paperwork, as I have a feeling I did see a reference to a code somewhere.
Old 12 November 2016, 10:05 AM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Mind's had about 6 owners and never came with a code so I guess it's obsolete now. Unless a hard battery reset works?
Old 12 November 2016, 06:20 PM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That does look great condition and a good spec too!
Old 12 November 2016, 08:50 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

I'm fairly certain there is a code you can enter if you don't have the current code which then allows you to enter a new code.
Old 12 November 2016, 08:52 PM
Greenslade
Scooby Regular

Bit like a cash machine then
Old 12 November 2016, 08:56 PM
Greenslade
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cambs_Stuart
That does look great condition and a good spec too!
Cheers Stuart. I'll be nicking a few subtle tweak ideas from you. I don't want to blow loads on this, as the bigger money gets spent on my Audi.
Old 12 November 2016, 08:57 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

I had the booklet which told you but that went with the old blob to the inlaws. I'm sure it's online somewhere though, I'll have a look.
Old 12 November 2016, 08:59 PM
Wull
Scooby Regular

A few posts down

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...ypad-code.html