Notices

bug sti headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2013, 04:15 AM
kezwaldo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bug sti headlight problem

ok i have a 2002 bug wrx and the last owner fitted the STI headlights to the car. I have a problem i checked all my lights today on all settings and the passenger sidde main beam fails to light up and the full beam only has a very slight glow no where near as bright as the other side where all the lights are fine on all settings.i have had the bulbs checked at my local parts place and they are fine. And the guy suggested it may be a bad ground earth. can anyone tell me where to find this earth???? also do you think it could be a dodgy fuse or relay ????? it needs to be fixed somehow as when the nights draw in im going to need them more and more.
Old 16 August 2013, 03:46 PM
ZX-TT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kezwaldo
ok i have a 2002 bug wrx and the last owner fitted the STI headlights to the car. I have a problem i checked all my lights today on all settings and the passenger sidde main beam fails to light up and the full beam only has a very slight glow no where near as bright as the other side where all the lights are fine on all settings.i have had the bulbs checked at my local parts place and they are fine. And the guy suggested it may be a bad ground earth. can anyone tell me where to find this earth???? also do you think it could be a dodgy fuse or relay ????? it needs to be fixed somehow as when the nights draw in im going to need them more and more.
Sounds like dodgy earth to me as well just back track the wiring from the headlights to the connection point on the chassis it could just be corroded or even loose.