Notices

STi7 Prodrive style foglight bumper covers

Search this Thread

Old 13 May 2002, 03:24 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The STi type UK accesories catalogue has a part no for the curvy prodrive style bumper covers for use with front fog lights, H4510FE200PG, but no photos.

Has anyone got a set yet? If so can you post a photo?

I've got a set of scoobysport gas discharge xenon 1000FF spotlights off my WRX that want fitting but I don't want to spend hundreds of quid if they're not nice.
Old 18 May 2002, 11:59 PM
Timbo33
Scooby Regular

Hi m8.

If you go into your friendly Subaru dealer they should have a nice glossy Accessories Brochure - 'WRX STi Type UK Accessories April 2002'

It has a piccy of the fog covers you're talking about but it looks like they can only be fitted to the STi Prodrive style front bumper WITHOUT foglamps (i.e. they're opaque) so probably not what you're after.

If you want to know what they look like there's a picture of the STi with them on the Subaru website.

http://www.subaru.co.uk/index2.htm

It's also the same pic used on the April 2002 issue of 'True Grip'

Possibly you want the mesh grille covers but I don't think they work with spotlights either, only the factory fitted foglights which don't stick out so far.

Their part no. is ST577104S010 (WR Blue) and there's a piccy on the TSL website:

http://www.tsl-motorsport.co.uk/styling.html

I've got a set, they look like this:

Old 20 May 2002, 09:20 AM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

These look promising, as found on the Prodrive Japan website

simon
Old 20 May 2002, 10:19 AM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

Timbo

Your first picture is a prodrive STi with the standard wrap round covers (no foglights) which is what I've got. The accesories catalogue lists this plus another cover which is intended for use with foglights fitted, but no photo. Hence the original post.

The mesh covers are Ok for the non-prodrive STi but not the prodrive one so not useful.

Thanks anyway.

PCB

That looks exactly like it, spot on, thanks a lot. They look OK don't they? Think I'll have to go for that.
Old 20 May 2002, 10:28 AM
PSI3
Scooby Regular

Wink

Yes, they look very good, plus if you look closely they appear to have a small fog light mounted in them aswell, when i can find a bit more info i wil let you know as i want a set also.
simon
Old 20 May 2002, 01:39 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Guys

Having done some research into this a while back, the ones in the photos only fit with OEM Subaru foglamps, as they are recessed further into the bumper than PIAA drive lamps. Having talked to Mike Wood about it a while back, I *believe* the covers in the photos are the same as the ones in the accessory catalogue.

If you want to fit drive lamps, it gets a bit more complicated. I fitted a PIAA drive lamp to mine then made up a cardboard cover with a hole in it to see what it would have to look like. The PIAA juts out about 35mm on the outside of the bumper, so it needs some covers moulded with a hole in to clear the PIAA. I have approached a couple of people about having some covers moulded (basically the same as the OEM ones, but with a hole moulded in to clear a PIAA), but haven't found anyone to do it yet - although I haven't looked into it seriously.
Old 20 May 2002, 01:44 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

BTW, here's a closer pic:

[Edited by Dave T-S - 5/20/2002 1:45:19 PM]

Trending Topics

Old 20 May 2002, 04:46 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

I saw the small light but thought it was just a reflection, second photo is even clearer.

Dave - Are you saying that the hole in the cover is not in fact a hole but a clear section in the cover? If so then this may not suit the PIAA drive lights but may be OK for the scoobysport xenon lights. This is what I have and they fit in virtually the same position as the standard fog lights, ie recessed well back in the bumper. Pete Croney was going to look into this too, must give him a buzz and see if he's reached any conclusions.

Cheers for the help all.
Old 20 May 2002, 08:00 PM
Dave T-S
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I believe it is just a hole, not a clear section in the cover.

As you say, I also believe the Hellas sit further back in the bumper than PIAA's.

The mountings for the lamps are moulded into the bumper, you just need to get the backplates with the three nuts welded on to them to be able to test fit lamps. Maybe what you need to do is test fit a Hella lamp, and if the standard cover will fit over it, then the ones with the hole in should fit ok.

I was tempted to just cut a hole in mine, or get a spare pair, but they appear to be around £400 pair so I went off that idea