help with eletric's

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2012, 09:53 AM
jonnyb80
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with eletric's

it has had some work done to it including a HUGE front mount intercooler,
full stainless cat back exhaust, induction kit and other mods i have not even discovered yet lol.....

anyways, the car has had an engine change at some point. the new manifold thats fitted to the car has no seperate hole for the idle control valve, instead it is a 6 pin connector and the idle control valve is mounted on the throttle body itself.

is there any way to convert a 3 pin connector into a 6 pin connector? the car is idling poorly until its warm (understandibly)

also there is no power going to the passenger side window all other windows work fine from drivers side just not the passneger side
Old 08 June 2012, 12:33 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Mine has a similar prob with the passenger window from the driver's side.

I haven't got to the bottom of it yet: it could be driver's side switch-related, BUT: on mine, moving it down/up a short way with the PASSENGER switch, often results in the driver's switch also making it move.

So could be bad connection.

If I could get hold of a wiring diagram I might be able to see where.
Old 08 June 2012, 07:00 PM
jonnyb80
Scooby Regular

ok i have been out and having a look at the door and window switchs and this mite come across as being silly but i will ask anyway

would a import door work fine on a uk car i mean the wiring all be the same and match up fine

the only reason i ask is that the wire/plug for the passneger switch does not reach the switch and i have been looking at door cars on ebay and it would seem that its looking like an import door on my uk car as the wire/plug is way to short and the wires inside the car dont match in colour to whats in the door

hope this makes sence lol
Old 08 June 2012, 07:22 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure if it's all, or maybe just a duff card, however a mate of mine bought a set of import door cards and the window switches didn't work in his UK turbo.

By the sounds of it, you've got the wrong door card fitted. Try on the breakers on here for a replacement.

https://www.scoobynet.com/full-cars-...or-spares-438/

Last edited by mickywrx; 08 June 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09 June 2012, 08:17 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Have you got the doorcard off?
If so, try the switch in place, make sure that a) if connects and b) it works properly.
If it does, get some wire, (off a scrapped car, or an electrical car place, snip each wire to the door switch IN TURN and solder and heatshrink an extra length in place. Give yourself enough: you can always tuck it away, but it's a PITA if you do it and need to do it again

If the switch WON'T fit, or DOESN'T work, then you need to look at compatibility issues.
Old 09 June 2012, 09:44 AM
jonnyb80
Scooby Regular

the stwich dont work and i got a switch from a friends car and again it dont work also

so in a nut shell im confused lol

the electric mirrors work but the passneger side one when you

press
left it goes up
right it goes down
down it goes in
up it goes out
Old 09 June 2012, 12:43 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

This is an import, yes?

The mirrors, you can PROBABLY sort with a simple circuit tester like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-CIRCUI...item563a0e4542

Use it to probe the connector at the mirror and find first:
Which wire is live when you press up, and which when you press down. Note these two wires.
Now use the pointy bit on the end of the tester to carefully remove the pins out of their holes in ONE of the parts of the connector. (hint: it takes a bit of doing, but once you've done one, the others are easy. Try inserting the point down the front, or back of the pin from the WIRE end, and pulling the pin up. You can also use a needle. The idea is to release the little tang, or spring, that holds it in place).

Repeat with open/close.
Place wires for up/down and open close where they should be. Should solve it

You MIGHT end up with them opening when you select closed, etc, just swap the wires over.

Last edited by alcazar; 09 June 2012 at 12:45 PM.